• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

31 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Well, with all due respect, when your GM goes on record saying that he wants to get three more lottery picks this year, it does make it rather difficult to be too optimistic.

Well, we ALL know that we are trying for a lotto pick. The majority of us has ACCEPTED it but thinks we remain competitive while focusing on player development.

He thinks we are just going to be intentionally blowing, throwing games Vegas style. I think we just forego wins for player development.

However, it is not like our young team will be ready to contend this year. Maybe next year.

But he is also negative with EVERYTHING Hawks related. That is just [T-Rex! ~lw3]ing.

Notice he has not come on and congratulated the Hawks. Won't hear from him until we lose unless he gets the cahunas to do so just to save face.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, deester11 said:

If yall think we were gushing over Trae, you should have listened to the Cavs announcers. It was a love affair with our "unstoppable" PG, Trae....

What did you listen to it on? I was busy this afternoon and when I checked the score we were way up with a little under 8 minutes left. So did we play better ball? Hate to ask. Or was it just a sloppy Cavs team making us look sharp. I hope it was the former and not the latter. Either way though, I will take the W. Excited for the future for sure.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My oh my...what a win. I only caught the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Our rookies :curtsey::curtsey::curtsey:.

I got my tickets for opening night!!!!

Go Hawks!!!

I guess we can visit the tank thread since the spider will be on vacation for a while

4 minutes ago, enrique said:

What did you listen to it on? I was busy this afternoon and when I checked the score we were way up with a little under 8 minutes left. So did we play better ball? Hate to ask. Or was it just a sloppy Cavs team making us look sharp. I hope it was the former and not the latter. Either way though, I will take the W. Excited for the future for sure.

League pass audio, but there is a highlight of Trae that was posted a couple of pages so that has all you need in it.  The Cavs were awful defensively, but the Hawk's young guys did work.  Seriously, all 3 draft picks contributed in every way with Trae doing the heavy lifting.  Overall....if we get half the points from Trae with the assists, the Hawk's will continue to grow.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I guess we can visit the tank thread since the spider will be on vacation for a while

Please do...just when I think I'm out....he pulls me back in! Ha 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sarcatic1 said:

Good win

Love to see all the youngins play well

They got off to an awful start but didnt get rattled. 

And Vince looks cooked. Cant wait until John gets back

The Cavs are trash. I wonder if they move Love at the deadline. He just ain't a number 1 guy.  He is a great 3rd option and sometimes 2nd option

He just signed for 5 yr 113,000,000. lol

As many have said previously in this thread, we have our superstar folks. Schlenk traded for him, and got a lottery pick to go with it. To be only 1 of 3 in a club where the other 2 are Curry and James says everything.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

Well, we ALL know that we are trying for a lotto pick. The majority of us has ACCEPTED it but thinks we remain competitive while focusing on player development.

He thinks we are just going to be intentionally blowing, throwing games Vegas style. I think we just forego wins for player development.

However, it is not like our young team will be ready to contend this year. Maybe next year.

But he is also negative with EVERYTHING Hawks related. That is just [T-Rex! ~lw3]ing.

Notice he has not come on and congratulated the Hawks. Won't hear from him until we lose unless he gets the cahunas to do so just to save face.

This...

• Like 1

This was the most fun we've had in Cleveland since that blowout in the 60-win season. When Len was blocking Love all over the place it reminded me of when Horford bullied him and the only thing you could hear in the shocked arena was our bench going crazy. And honestly it was one of the most fun games I've seen period. The Cleveland pick looks dead in the water, but I'm not even worried about that if our rookies continue to impress and we still get the Mavs pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, High5 said:

This was the most fun we've had in Cleveland since that blowout in the 60-win season. When Len was blocking Love all over the place it reminded me of when Horford bullied him and the only thing you could hear in the shocked arena was our bench going crazy. And honestly it was one of the most fun games I've seen period. The Cleveland pick looks dead in the water, but I'm not even worried about that if our rookies continue to impress and we still get the Mavs pick.

Agreed, that game was a blast to watch. And that Cleveland pick is toast. Go Mavs ?