Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

That's more what I was looking forward to from Hawks games this year. Fast pace, rookies balling, no fouls all over the place. Generally enjoyable to watch.

Biggest moment for me was that Trae pass to Spellman at the end of the third. Not only because of the degree of difficulty to pull that off, but just because it shows he's a different kind of flashy. Nobody would've blamed him if he pulled up for a patented 30 foot three to end the quarter but that pass turned this performance into an offensive clinic.

Also shoutout to coach Lloyd Pierce for not pulling Trae while he was 1 assist from a double double again.. Recognized how big of a moment that was for him.

Pretty sure he even drew up a play for Trae to get that last assist lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

So fun as **** game to watch today.  The hot take on this offseason now is:

• Schlenk looks great for his scouting acumen on all 3 of our first round picks.
  • Schlenk looks real good on the Trae'd with Dallas.  Exciting young potential star to go with a nice future pick.
  • Passing on the Denver 1st to acquire Lin looks the opposite of the Trae'd.  Looking really suspect.

Like I said before the year, watching these young players develop is much more entertaining than the last couple seasons.  There will be more rough nights than celebratory wins this season but it should be a good time.

Having MPj coming off the bench with Bembry would’ve been huge...

6 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve waited a loooooooong time for this. Our superstar:

Oh but it’s even rarer air than that: only the 2nd in history. And if I’m reading that correctly, wouldn’t Trae be the FIRST rookie in history to record as high as 35/11 in his first 3 games?

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

So fun as **** game to watch today.  The hot take on this offseason now is:

• Schlenk looks great for his scouting acumen on all 3 of our first round picks.
  • Schlenk looks real good on the Trae'd with Dallas.  Exciting young potential star to go with a nice future pick.
  • Passing on the Denver 1st to acquire Lin looks the opposite of the Trae'd.  Looking really suspect.

Like I said before the year, watching these young players develop is much more entertaining than the last couple seasons.  There will be more rough nights than celebratory wins this season but it should be a good time.

If it matters, that Denver 1st is looking like a late 1st. 

My end of the  year starting five is: 

Trae/Lin

Bazemore/Huerter/Bembry

Prince/Pray

Collins/Spellman

Len/Dedmon

Just now, RWF said:

I want to give praise to Alex Len. He seems to be really good and more mobile than I thought.

He has always been mobile and good off of the PnR but most of us forgot, he never had a PG in every season in Phx. 

• Like 2

On Alex Len. He's been dealing with a back issue. When that clears up, hopefully we can see the preseason Len come to the regular season. 

The thing that I'm most excited about was coach Pierce realized the vets weren't getting it done and put the rookies in and let them shine!

That my friend is good coaching.  

I really can't contain my joy with the three rookies. 

Also, if Bembry can cut down on the turnovers he'll be a very good backup point.  He's actually shooting the three ball at 50% in this small sample size.

Oh man!  Trae!  Just so happy he's shutting all the doubters up, if only for one game.

I like EVERYTHING Omari was out there doing today.  His defense isn't as bad as advertised.   Actually, his and Heurters defense have been a pleasant surprise.  Huerter may not be going to the G League if he keeps this up. 

Just WOW!

• Like 2

Now, if only Klay is the odd man out in GSW. He sees Curry jr and creates splash brothers East. 

That is the final piece that would be missing in my opinion (next season) is another scorer, at the 2 at that who also defends well. We have the cap and could show we are a team on the rise.

Draft a rim protector and we are SET!!

Trae/Adams

Klay/Huerter 

Prince/Huerter

Collins/Spellman

Dedmon/draft Rim Protector/Len

We are DEFINITELY contending next season in the East.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Bengals embarrassing once again on Sunday night.

Thank you Trae from keeping me from being irate about this Chief beatdown.

I'm very scared to see how bad we're going to be when Big Ben gets to old and retires. I remember I was so mad when we drafted a QB from MIAMI (OHIO). And yeah, being a Georgia sports team fan, it is nice to finally nice to have hope that we may have a star. 

For me Huerter just looked really frail when I finally saw him next to NBA players. I thought he'd need to put a lot more time in at the gym before we'd see a game like this. And to be fair this was only one game against the Cavs so he may find himself in the G-League anyway, but I'm glad he got a taste of success already. 

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, AHF said:

Rain-on-my-Parade-animation.gif

• Like 1