Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I miss one game this year and this was the one to miss. Franchise record for most threes in a game. Trae had a monster game. Glad to see it. Glad Len had a good game as well. 

Trae not only had a monster game, it was historic. 1st rook since Curry (2010) to put up 30/10. Only the 3rd in last 20 years to do so (Curry, James). First Hawk period to do so in 43 years (Berry/1975). Only 2nd rookie in history to put up 30/10 in their first 3 games (Isaiah Thomas did it in his debut). Extrapolating, I believe Trae is the first rookie in history to put up highs of 35/11 in his first 3 games.

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

Trae not only had a monster game, it was historic. 1st rook since Curry (2010) to put up 30/10. Only the 3rd in last 20 years to do so (Curry, James). First Hawk period to do so in 43 years (Berry/1975). Only 2nd rookie in history to put up 30/10 in their first 3 games (Isaiah Thomas did it in his debut). Extrapolating, I believe Trae is the first rookie in history to put up highs of 35/11 in his first 3 games.

The first since Curry part is actually 35/10. Simmons, Oladipo, Griffin, and Wall broke the 30/10 barrier as rookies. 

6 minutes ago, High5 said:

The first since Curry part is actually 35/10. Simmons, Oladipo, Griffin, and Wall broke the 30/10 barrier as rookies. 

Correct, correct, thank you. I scanned thru so many records so quickly my head is spinning. Like Sexton’s ?

Missed the first half of the game (church) and came in with the Hawks having a four point lead.  "This is going well" I thought, then I found out about the comeback from being buried to begin the game.

I am most impressed with our second draft pick.  This was the coming out party for Kevin Huerter!  He was, finally, what we were told that he was when we drafted him.  Sure, everyone is so excited with Trae.  We had already decided that he could do this.  And he did!  Omari Spellman came back and showed his stuff.  But, overcoming the fact that he missed summer league because of injury and things hadn't really gone well before this game, Kevin H. wowed me.

All these new rules and all these whistles have messed with every NBA team.  The Cavs are already messed up without "The King" and then all the changes have really messed things up for them.  If we get that draft pick, things must improve for them.  They are worse than Atlanta.

Hawks hit their free throws!  Getting there at half time, I was glad to hear "Hawks are perfect from the line, 10-10."  I missed all the bad stuff.  With a four point lead, the blowout was all in the half I was privileged to watch.  Wow!  Just Wow!

Our next game, at our new home, will be against what we believe will be the best team we have faced so far.  And, the rookies who were traded for each other will face off for the first of which will be many, many games.  Hawks have already ruined the idea of a 0-82 season.  Can we possibly go to .500 for the season?

:biggrin:

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Missed the first half of the game (church) and came in with the Hawks having a four point lead.  "This is going well" I thought, then I found out about the comeback from being buried to begin the game.

I am most impressed with our second draft pick.  This was the coming out party for Kevin Huerter!  He was, finally, what we were told that he was when we drafted him.  Sure, everyone is so excited with Trae.  We had already decided that he could do this.  And he did!  Omari Spellman came back and showed his stuff.  But, overcoming the fact that he missed summer league because of injury and things hadn't really gone well before this game, Kevin H. wowed me.

Hawks have already ruined the idea of a 0-82 season.  Can we possibly go to .500 for the season?

:biggrin:

Where is your friend GM?  We haven't heard from him since the game.  Is he O.K.?  LOL!

9 hours ago, hazer said:

Trae not only had a monster game, it was historic. 1st rook since Curry (2010) to put up 35/10. Only the 3rd in last 20 years to do so (Curry, James). First Hawk period to do so in 43 years (Berry/1975). Only 2nd rookie in history to put up 30/10 in their first 3 games (Isaiah Thomas did it in his debut). Extrapolating, I believe Trae is the first rookie in history to put up highs of 35/11 in his first 3 games.

Fixed

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Doctor has a flu. It's called the crow flu

He’s choking on it. Anybody know the Heimlich? ?

• Like 2

What do you guys think of LP saying that he game planned for mistakes and TOs?

Is it genius to ease the nerves of rookies and young players making mistakes? Or is it selling them short with lack of confidence in them?

How do you game plan and counter mistakes?

Me personally, I think it is genius because it is a given they are VERY young and inexperienced and so it is to be expected. So you plan for it and in game, settle the troops down letting them know we knew these mistakes were going to happen. Now let's settle down and do what we are capable of. Stay focused and stay aggressive. Share the ball. Be ready for Trae snd Huerter to find you.