• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

Missed the first half of the game (church) and came in with the Hawks having a four point lead.  "This is going well" I thought, then I found out about the comeback from being buried to begin the game.

I am most impressed with our second draft pick.  This was the coming out party for Kevin Huerter!  He was, finally, what we were told that he was when we drafted him.  Sure, everyone is so excited with Trae.  We had already decided that he could do this.  And he did!  Omari Spellman came back and showed his stuff.  But, overcoming the fact that he missed summer league because of injury and things hadn't really gone well before this game, Kevin H. wowed me.

All these new rules and all these whistles have messed with every NBA team.  The Cavs are already messed up without "The King" and then all the changes have really messed things up for them.  If we get that draft pick, things must improve for them.  They are worse than Atlanta.

Hawks hit their free throws!  Getting there at half time, I was glad to hear "Hawks are perfect from the line, 10-10."  I missed all the bad stuff.  With a four point lead, the blowout was all in the half I was privileged to watch.  Wow!  Just Wow!

Our next game, at our new home, will be against what we believe will be the best team we have faced so far.  And, the rookies who were traded for each other will face off for the first of which will be many, many games.  Hawks have already ruined the idea of a 0-82 season.  Can we possibly go to .500 for the season?

:biggrin:

Out of likes, but great post GM. Happy to see them hitting those freebies, and Huerter is going to surprise a lot of folks. High BBIQ, faster than expected, good effort on D, skilled passer, skilled shooter.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thecampster said:

To be clear...for the predictions thread...Len got to the double double first...but Trae...oh so close

I predicted they BOTH would, same game. Winner winner chicken dinner! ? ? ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What? When they start selling these I thought Xmas? 

I got mine last year at the Hawks/77ers game from the team store. I was wearing a Josh Smith jersey amd felt it was time to upgrade, not knowing the player that Prince was to become and now our draft picks.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

Out of likes, but great post GM. Happy to see them hitting those freebies, and Huerter is going to surprise a lot of folks. High BBIQ, faster than expected, good effort on D, skilled passer, skilled shooter.

I see all of those same traits in Huerter and have those same thoughts of hos potential. But I will add that his defense is/will be legit. 

He slides his feet really well, excellent lateral movement. Smart defender who is long. He times his jimp really well. He anticipates the move of the player really well. 

Majority of those traits cannot be coached or taught. Moreso instinctive.

• Like 1

From NBA dot com:

Per Basketball Reference, that list of 11 rookies includes such legends as Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Oscar Robertson and Jerry West. Add Young's six 3-pointers, and the list shrinks to just Curry and Jason Kidd. Add Young's single turnover, and the list shrinks to just ... Young.”

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hazer said:

From NBA dot com:

Per Basketball Reference, that list of 11 rookies includes such legends as Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Oscar Robertson and Jerry West. Add Young's six 3-pointers, and the list shrinks to just Curry and Jason Kidd. Add Young's single turnover, and the list shrinks to just ... Young.”

Wow

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Rain-on-my-Parade-animation.gif

If you think me saying I loved this game and think we are going to get a lot of entertainment from this team win or lose is raining on the parade then I don't know what to tell you.

Recognizing that this is not a meaningful sample size in just 3 games, I am feeling pretty good about our bet with Trae sitting at 55 FGA and the next two guys at 46 and 28.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you think me saying I loved this game and think we are going to get a lot of entertainment from this team win or lose is raining on the parade then I don't know what to tell you.

Naw it was this part.

There will be more rough nights than celebratory wins this season

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Naw it was this part.

There will be more rough nights than celebratory wins this season

You predicted the team will lose 12 more games than they win so I'm not sure what about this surprises you.  I'm excited about this team and look forward to seeing our development game to game and month to month regardless of our record.

7 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

I thought they were done selling them after last season? Im no expert though. 

If we r talking about the city black and yellows, they were never out long enough to purchase I’ve been checking for a couple years straight. Those are pretty awesome jerseys! Whose did you get?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

If we r talking about the city black and yellows, they were never out long enough to purchase I’ve been checking for a couple years straight. Those are pretty awesome jerseys! Whose did you get?

I got it at Phillips. They sold them the last half of the season. Link below.

https://goo.gl/images/EYR6RS