• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our best player to the Cavs. Bazemore to Cleveland

NBASupes

• Admin

We DON'T want that cancer in our locker room and we are not at the point of pursuing MAX free agents (who don't want to sign here anyway).  I would rather have Baz with his attitude, leadership and on-court effort here for another year then bringing that trash.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2018 at 4:22 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd actually like to get something besides cap relief next season for Baze.  

Why'd we need 'Space for Two Max Contracts' ..we aren't even gonna sign 1.

THIS!

9 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

We DON'T want that cancer in our locker room and we are not at the point of pursuing MAX free agents (who don't want to sign here anyway).  I would rather have Baz with his attitude, leadership and on-court effort here for another year then bringing that trash.

AND THIS!

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

We would likely buy him out if this were to happen.  JR wants to be playing for a contender, not a bottom feeder.

56 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

And I want a toilet ? made of gold...what’s ur point. At this point, nobody besides JR cares what JR wants including prolly his own agent.

I care what JR wants because if he doesn't want to be here he will cause problems here.  Making our team a hectic place for young guys to develop like he is already doing for sexton.  I have no interest in that junk whatsoever over a much better player and teammate in Bazemore.

52 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

I care what JR wants because if he doesn't want to be here he will cause problems here.  Making our team a hectic place for young guys to develop like he is already doing for sexton.  I have no interest in that junk whatsoever over a much better player and teammate in Bazemore.

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to come off as saying that in order to get JR. I don’t want JR with 1 mike of any of of rooks. I’m just saying JR’s demands don’t hold much weight if any.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to come off as saying that in order to get JR. I don’t want JR with 1 mike of any of of rooks. I’m just saying JR’s demands don’t hold much weight if any.

Ah fair enough because i thought you was wanting him for a second there spud.  I was like hell nah son :P

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

And I want a toilet ? made of gold...what’s ur point. At this point, nobody besides JR cares what JR wants including prolly his own agent.

My point is either he gets traded to contender and is happy or he'll get traded to a bottom feeder and refuse to join the team... so if the Hawks used this as an opportunity to dump Baze, then they better be ready with the buyout.

• Admin
23 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

My point is either he gets traded to contender and is happy or he'll get traded to a bottom feeder and refuse to join the team... so if the Hawks used this as an opportunity to dump Baze, then they better be ready with the buyout.

I no longer think we need to 'dump' Baz.  He plays an important role for us (in locker room and on court for our young kids).  If a trade comes along that can net us some young peeps or picks then I would be all for it.  Since he expires next year, I don't think we need to trade him just for cap space this year.

31 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I no longer think we need to 'dump' Baz.  He plays an important role for us (in locker room and on court for our young kids).  If a trade comes along that can net us some young peeps or picks then I would be all for it.  Since he expires next year, I don't think we need to trade him just for cap space this year.

I’m gonna respectfully disagree here. He’s a vet that’s not a vet in my book. He probably does everything super vet professionally off the court but on it he’s not really showing the young guys how to play. He’s still running around like a damn chicken with his head cut off every night. I dunno, I’m ready to end the Gaze era.

• Moderators
22 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Baze is playing well, but I'd rather see Huerter and few of our other young wings getting that playing time. We're not playing for the present right now and that needs to be the focus.

• 1 year later...