• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

First real glaring coaching mistake by Pierce.  No way Spellman should've been in that game in the final 2 minutes.   Len was active all night, and gave Trae a big body as a bail out around the rim.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, DBac said:

Not gonna lie, I wanted to win that game lol. That was supposed to be Trae's coming out party, refs jobbed us to get the Lakers over .500.

Oh well, the road to Zion continues.

I would've loved to see them win, just to see the reaction from all of it tomorrow.   Just think of what would've happened

- Undisputed:  Skip going off on Lebron for choking at the FT line

- First Take:   Stephen A going off on Luke Walton for mismanaging the team

- The Herd:  Colin Cowherd criticizing Magic for the way the Lakers were built

- The Jump:  Rachel Nichols doing a "what's wrong with the Lakers" segment

- Magic Johnson ( possibly ) saying even more things against Luke, and creating more tension in that locker room

- Lavar Barr ( whom we haven't heard a PEEP out of since Lebron's arrival ), finally saying something about the Lakers.

- And all around love for Trae Young and his play vs the Lakers . . especially if he makes the game winner.

And we STILL may get all of that . . . just a much watered down version.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I would've loved to see them win, just to see the reaction from all of it tomorrow.   Just think of what would've happened

- Undisputed:  Skip going off on Lebron for choking at the FT line

- First Take:   Stephen A going off on Luke Walton for mismanaging the team

- The Herd:  Colin Cowherd criticizing Magic for the way the Lakers were built

- The Jump:  Rachel Nichols doing a "what's wrong with the Lakers" segment

- Magic Johnson ( possibly ) saying even more things against Luke, and creating more tension in that locker room

- Lavar Barr ( whom we haven't heard a PEEP out of since Lebron's arrival ), finally saying something about the Lakers.

- And all around love for Trae Young and his play vs the Lakers . . especially if he makes the game winner.

And we STILL may get all of that . . . just a much watered down version.

Lavar Ball

11 minutes ago, hawkman said:
11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

They'll say that because people were around the basket, that he had to make sure everyone was out of the way.

His kick ball wasn't called either and that was right in front of the ref.

The Hawks called a timeout immediately, so it was a dead ball.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, West said:

How was Lebron's game winning dunk not a hanging on the rim technical???

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

The Hawks called a timeout immediately, so it was a dead ball.

That and he didn't pull himself up.

That 4th quarter reminded me of Trae's excellent 4th quarter from the preseason. He shared the floor with LeBron and looked like the best player out there. He even played some defense. Tough luck on the game-winner, but we may look back on that block as a blessing. Only bummer tonight was Spellman and Huerter being ice cold. 

I only caught the tail-end of the game but it looked like a very entertaining one.  If that’s not a former DPOY to help Ingram, Trae’s floater taps the rim a coupe times and falls.  Box reading it looks like the FT line disparity (Baze 4-4, other starters 0-0!) did us in along with the regular turnover issues (tired of seeing Len with 4). 

• Like 1