• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Lakers

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, High5 said:

That 4th quarter reminded me of Trae's excellent 4th quarter from the preseason. He shared the floor with LeBron and looked like the best player out there. He even played some defense. Tough luck on the game-winner, but we may look back on that block as a blessing. Only bummer tonight was Spellman and Huerter being ice cold. 

Huerter is 1-11 in the last 2 games. Spell was 1-7 this game. 

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Huerter is 1-11 in the last 2 games. Spell was 1-7 this game. 

Huerter is a keeper.. I am really excited to see this guy grow and develop as he gets floor time. Dare I say I am actually a little excited about the Hawks future again

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I only caught the tail-end of the game but it looked like a very entertaining one.  If that’s not a former DPOY to help Ingram, Trae’s floater taps the rim a coupe times and falls.  Box reading it looks like the FT line disparity (Baze 4-4, other starters 0-0!) did us in along with the regular turnover issues (tired of seeing Len with 4). 

It was very entertaining in the 1st, 2nd and 4th.  We took the 3rd off as per usual.

Young ate Rondo/Lonzo's lunches in the 4th.  ThIngram gave him trouble until that last shot which was a game-winner were it not for a good play by Chandler.

Couple points:

- Refs were against us all night.  Chandler's last block wasn't a goaltend but he goaltended on another more spectacular Young layup that was also uncalled.

- The kick wasn't a kick technically but I've never seen that not called so TIFWIW.

- Either way, you can't get a T there.  Baze must've earned that one since the refs typically give a lot of leeway at that point in the game but see my first comment so who knows.

• Like 2

Oh and I'm officially tired of Lin's play.  Largely unimpactful even when he has good stats.

*sigh* Oh well, he serves a purpose in terms of showing Trae good work ethic, I guess.

I'd still prefer George Hill but his body is made of peanut brittle apparently.

• Moderators

But of a bounce back game for Prince.  I think that 13 fga/gm rate is a good one for him.  Usually means he isn’t forcing too many and is taking better shots.

Rough game for 2 rooks but love watching Trae keep stepping up.  That 3/1 a/to ratio was really solid.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

But of a bounce back game for Prince.  I think that 13 fga/gm rate is a good one for him.  Usually means he isn’t forcing too many and is taking better shots.

Rough game for 2 rooks but love watching Trae keep stepping up.  That 3/1 a/to ratio was really solid.

Seemed like it ended up that way but it certainly didn't feel like a good game as I was watching.  He had a hot stretch but there were certainly poor moments along the way.  Namely his temper tantrum at Lin for not passing him the ball on the break that one time.

He certainly had some poor shot selection and turnovers early.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Seemed like it ended up that way but it certainly didn't feel like a good game as I was watching.  He had a hot stretch but there were certainly poor moments along the way.  Namely his temper tantrum at Lin for not passing him the ball on the break that one time.

He certainly had some poor shot selection and turnovers early.

Agree.  He started rough but then stopped forcing things so much and did much better later.  He can be a very effective 3rd or 4th option longterm, imo.  Needs to keep developing good shot selection and put in lots of work on his D.

Just glad to see him end up with a non-trash line after his recent debacles.

Fell asleep at halftime and missed the second half.  Then, my computer went out and just now got back on line.

Hawks lost the game and we scared "the king" and his merry men so bad that they had to have help.  Ah, well.  On to bigger and better things.  If our rookies had all been on point, Hawks would have blown them away. Huerter and Spellman were both ice cold. 

:Bob:

• Like 3

Just finished watching 2nd half. 

He didn't and couldn't.  Useless!  Now, Miles Plunlee is playing, looking pretty good and earning some of those $$$ that the Hawks pay him.

Couldn't agree with some of the calls.   And, as usual, the king had his way with us.

Vince looked young!  :biggrin:

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

An improving Hawks squad won't leave late-game outcomes like this in the hands of officials.

~lw3

Tweet has been deleted, what did it say?

• Moderators
15 hours ago, hazer said:

Tweet has been deleted, what did it say?

Spears had a rough day on Twitter after dissing Canadians on The Jump, and then he jumped the gun by misreading the L2MR to suggest the Chandler block should have been called a goaltend (thus the deletion).

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Spears had a rough day on Twitter after dissing Canadians on The Jump, and then he jumped the gun by misreading the L2MR to suggest the Chandler block should have been called a goaltend (thus the deletion).

~lw3

If that's not the last shot of the game it's called a goal tend every single time.   

• Like 2

Watched this game Sunday late night and though we played one of our best games of the season, perhaps not stat wise but overall movement and cohesiveness as a unit. Was in the area and almost went to this game but waited outside to stalk the players instead. 

Last shot by Trae was not a goal tend imo, specially not getting that call as a road team.

Question: So did the NBA change the rules about hanging onto the rim? Or is it ok for Lebron only for about 10 seconds? My gf watched later with me and said: Well in all fairness, Spellman was right under him so he had to wait to let go for safety....

I said... GOODNIGHT ADAM (Silver)!!!! 

R U KIDDING ME????

Anyways good team building continues...

GO HAWKS!!!

pps I didn’t comment on lw3’s game thread because I haven’t read it yet!