• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Laissez Lin Baze Temps Roulet?

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Dropping a pair of trade-wind nuggets from Kevin O'Connor at The Ringer. One more speculative than the other.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/11/19/18102234/nba-bold-trade-pelicans-anthony-davis

You can spend hours on the Trade Machine and struggle to find realistic trades. Most players that could theoretically be available don’t move the needle. And it’s especially difficult with the Pelicans because their best contract to use as trade filler, (Solomon) Hill’s, has another season after this one left on it. Teams want expiring contracts, and taking on an additional season could require overpaying. With that in mind, here are a few thoughts on who could help:

• New Orleans pursued a trade for Hawks wing Kent Bazemore this offseason, per league sources. Atlanta still wants to get off Bazemore’s contract, which has a $19.3 million player option for next season that he’ll absolutely pick up.

(Alvin) Gentry wants heavy ball movement in the half court, which has been unsteady this season. Elfrid Payton, signed for the biannual exception this offseason, has helped, but he’s missed nine games with a sprained ankle and will miss another four to six weeks after fracturing his left pinkie during his first game back. The team needs another playmaker, even after Payton returns, to keep Holiday in the attacking combo guard role he thrived in last season. New Orleans had interest in Jeremy Lin before he signed with the Nets in 2016, so his status in Atlanta is something to keep an eye on.

~lw3

• Like 1

• Admin

The trade that works is a Solomon Hill / Wesley Johnson for Baz

To save 6 million next season ... are you willing to take Hill's useless contract at 13 mill since he sucks vs having Baz and his contributions at 19 mill.

I think Baz's contributions are worth the 6 million vs Hill's dead contract..

I say that because we won't be signing big names next year anyway.  If we needed the cap space I would feel differently but we won't next season.