Jump to content
Hawksquawk.net
Sothron

Official 2019 Draft thread

Recommended Posts

Yay! I've become accustomed to realgm now, but I'll frequent both.  Here's to hoping we draft Cam, Kevin Porter Jr, Jontay Porter!  Others on my wish list include NicK Claxton, Luka Samanic, and Darius Bazley.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Chillz deserves a lion share of the credit for getting the site back up and running.  A lot of the features and main url should be back very soon.  Thanks for being patient guys!

Absolutely!  He is the man!  

Big sigh of relief that the Squawk is back!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Chillz deserves a lion share of the credit for getting the site back up and running.  A lot of the features and main url should be back very soon.  Thanks for being patient guys!

 

Glad to see the site back up!  I've been in infrequent participant over the years however always enjoyed the insights found on this site.

I was disappointed to see the Hawks fall in the draft lottery however remained philosophical in knowing that they have two Top Ten lottery picks.  I'd like to see the Hawks draft a 2/3 with the 8th pick (CamR?) and a big with the 10th pick (JaxonH?), assuming they are available.  If they could package one of these picks for another player (Bradley Beal?), I wouldn't mind that also.  If they hold onto at least one of the 2nd round picks, I'd take a flyer on Tacko Fall, more out of curiosity.  I think he could contribute for 10-15 minutes a game if given a chance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the epic fail that is the lottery ... Basically the guys I want us to draft are in this order

One of whoever is left at 8

jarret Culver 

DeAndre Humter

Cam Reddish

At 10 I am interested in us taking a chance on Sekou Doumbouya

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

After the epic fail that is the lottery ... Basically the guys I want us to draft are in this order

One of whoever is left at 8

jarret Culver 

DeAndre Humter

Cam Reddish

At 10 I am interested in us taking a chance on Sekou Doumbouya

I am hoping for Reddish at 8. Probably a long shot, but would love to see Young, Collins, and Reddish on the break

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, enrique said:

I am hoping for Reddish at 8. Probably a long shot, but would love to see Young, Collins, and Reddish on the break

I don’t think itS a longshot as multiple teams ahead of us need a point guard.  I want Culver much more as Cam was kind of a bust in college but all the tools are there.  I would be satisfied with either or Hunter at 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I don’t think itS a longshot as multiple teams ahead of us need a point guard.  I want Culver much more as Cam was kind of a bust in college but all the tools are there.  I would be satisfied with either or Hunter at 8

Every mock seems to say Reddish will be there for us but my gut says some team will gut punch us by taking him first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any prospects you guys particularly like or dislike?  I'm struggling to understand the Bruno Fernando love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think either of Culver or Hunter will slip to us.  I had Culver really high on my list of non-Zions.  After the debacle of our lottery night, for where we are I like Cam, Coby White, Sekou, Romeo Langford, and Bol Bol.  Hayes is the only prospect that I've been 'meh' on.  Mocks had us taking him with that second pick and all I could see was a tall guy that blocks shots.  Now that the smoke is cleared, I'll need to reevaluate him.

Of the guys I named, I think I prefer Coby White first.  He's a scorer and at 6'5" 180 he would be an interesting backcourt combo with Trae.  For those concerned I think this is the guy who determines if Cam slips to us or not.  I didn't watch a lot of him, but I hear he's ball dominant? If not, I could see him going to one of those PG needy teams ahead of us...allowing Cam to slip.

Reddish is a mixed bag for me.  He's got the physical tools, but does he have the motor?  Or was he just overshadowed by Zion/RJ?  That team struggled to hit shots against the zone...you'd figure if he had a decent shot they would have walked through the tournament with all the attention Zion and RJ draw.  I think we have to take him if he's there though.

I was very bullish on Romeo early in the season.  Until I saw one breakdown knocking his limited game going left.  I love his ability to get into the lane, but if he's got nothing going left...he'll be hindered at the pro-level.

Between the bigger guys, Bol-Bol, Sekou, and Hayes...I like them in that order with not much separation between Sekou and Hayes.  Bol is an interesting combination of height, agility, speed, coordination, and shooting.  I like his potential a lot.  I like Sekou too, but admitedly he and Hayes are the guys I have examined the least in this draft.

Also...quietly hoping that Culver somehow falls to us at 8...lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Wretch said:

I don't think either of Culver or Hunter will slip to us.  I had Culver really high on my list of non-Zions.  After the debacle of our lottery night, for where we are I like Cam, Coby White, Sekou, Romeo Langford, and Bol Bol.  Hayes is the only prospect that I've been 'meh' on.  Mocks had us taking him with that second pick and all I could see was a tall guy that blocks shots.  Now that the smoke is cleared, I'll need to reevaluate him.

Of the guys I named, I think I prefer Coby White first.  He's a scorer and at 6'5" 180 he would be an interesting backcourt combo with Trae.  For those concerned I think this is the guy who determines if Cam slips to us or not.  I didn't watch a lot of him, but I hear he's ball dominant? If not, I could see him going to one of those PG needy teams ahead of us...allowing Cam to slip.

Reddish is a mixed bag for me.  He's got the physical tools, but does he have the motor?  Or was he just overshadowed by Zion/RJ?  That team struggled to hit shots against the zone...you'd figure if he had a decent shot they would have walked through the tournament with all the attention Zion and RJ draw.  I think we have to take him if he's there though.

I was very bullish on Romeo early in the season.  Until I saw one breakdown knocking his limited game going left.  I love his ability to get into the lane, but if he's got nothing going left...he'll be hindered at the pro-level.

Between the bigger guys, Bol-Bol, Sekou, and Hayes...I like them in that order with not much separation between Sekou and Hayes.  Bol is an interesting combination of height, agility, speed, coordination, and shooting.  I like his potential a lot.  I like Sekou too, but admitedly he and Hayes are the guys I have examined the least in this draft.

Also...quietly hoping that Culver somehow falls to us at 8...lol

 

I want no part of Bol Bol ... his career will be short and he weighed in at 205 ... 205 at 7’2... ugh ... I expect his foot injury isn’t going away and he is going to get thrown around down low by everyone else.

for SG / SF we need a two way bad ... we are the worst defensive team in the league ... I like Coby White but his D is lacking ... if u don’t try on that end u should be considered ... our main three guys are bad on D ... Trae is actually embarrassing on D.  We need guys who can help make up for that.

One of Culver, Hunter and Cam has to be drafted.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if 10 / Prince and 35 could get us 5 from the Cavs.

5 - Culver / Hunter

8 - Cam / Sekou

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

 

 

That seems to be the consensus of who we will get at 8.  I am a fan of Culver and his game... I hope we find a way to get him.  The knock on Cam is that he loses focus a lot and his shooting was bad 35% and 33% from 3.  That is not good at all.  

As for Hayes ... I feel like he is a dime a dozen player.  The tall athletic dude that can block shots and dunk.  Pretty much Willy Cauley-Stein / Bismark Biyumbo / Robin Lopez etc etc.  He is that kind of player.  We can get that for cheap on the free agent market. 

Go take a chance on Sekou at 10.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, capstone21 said:

That seems to be the consensus of who we will get at 8.  I am a fan of Culver and his game... I hope we find a way to get him.  The knock on Cam is that he loses focus a lot and his shooting was bad 35% and 33% from 3.  That is not good at all.  

As for Hayes ... I feel like he is a dime a dozen player.  The tall athletic dude that can block shots and dunk.  Pretty much Willy Cauley-Stein / Bismark Biyumbo / Robin Lopez etc etc.  He is that kind of player.  We can get that for cheap on the free agent market. 

Go take a chance on Sekou at 10.

 

Agreed on Hayes, mostly. I do like the way he moves but I'd rather take a flyer on a Jordan Bell type

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...