• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bol.Bol.update...

The expectation is that second-round pick Bol Bol will sign a two-way contract, but nothing is official.

Wow - from a top 10 pick to a 2way GL contract. I feel for the kid.

Public Enemy put it best!  Don't believe the Hype!

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bol.Bol.update...

The expectation is that second-round pick Bol Bol will sign a two-way contract, but nothing is official.

I have always loved the kid as a human even if I didn’t love the bball skills for our Hawks...

Man, the way the kid came to the stage at the draft had me crying. He looks walks and talks like a humble kid. I’m rooting for him big time!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
On 8/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Bol.Bol.update...

Update:

Bol Bol remains out following foot surgery with no timetable to return.
This news was discovered during the first media conference of the day, with Bol Bol saying he will need a little longer to recover and there’s no set date for him to begin playing 5 on 5 again.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

On 6/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, gurpilo said:

I guess our draft is going to be Hunter and Little unless Reddish falls that I am sure NO is taking him at 8. 2 wings, no center.

lol...JUst reminiscing of everyone jumping the gun...smh

• Thanks 1

I said that's it but I got one more bit of information that I forgot to write about: 

Hunter's workout was the best workout we had. He was a tier above everyone else we brought in. Reddish tape was loved by LP who felt he just needed to be in the right system and personnel and he would be fantastic down the road. Another that they loved was R.J. Scouts and TS loved him. LP loved him too much not as much as Cam. He really liked Cam's tape. He felt there were a lot of areas where he would excel at here but wasn't available at Duke. There was some in the organization who wasn't in love with Cam but most especially the key stakeholders loved him, especially Ressler. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

There were reports that Hawks offered 8 and 10 for 3. New York said no then countered 8, 10 and Kevin, with the Hawks rebuffed.  So clearly they really liked RJ.

I remember hearing this one too.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There were reports that Hawks offered 8 and 10 for 3. New York said no then countered 8, 10 and Kevin, with the Hawks rebuffed.  So clearly they really liked RJ.

Let's not relive that nightmare please!

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The thing I was hearing around that time was the Hawks were moving up to move back. They wanted to get that pick, move back to #5 with CLE for a future unprotected pick in 2020. I never got any major comps that it was really real but I would imagine if Atlanta moved up to #3. It wouldn't be a sure thing they would keep the pick. 

Edited by NBASupes