• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Maybe 8 and 10 plus some more compensation to NY for RJ

Zion is the only game changer in the draft plus Morant to sime exent. 

I'd rather pick at 8 and 10 and fill in the roster.

It just seems like everyone else is on equal footing depending on teams needs.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zion is the only game changer in the draft plus Morant to sime exent. 

I'd rather pick at 8 and 10 and fill in the roster.

It just seems like everyone else is on equal footing depending on teams needs.

I think RJ is going to be a star but it is all a crap shoot

My fav players right now (not necessarily for 8 and 10 but overall).

I call this list, my DIRTY DOZEN!

Cam

Clarke

Culver

Kabengele (love this kid)

Sekou (growing on me fast)

Keldon Johnson

Rui

Matisse Thybulle

Ty Jerome

Luka Samanic

Eric Paschall

Aubrey Dawkins

3/12 of these guys and I’m a happy camper! 🙃

• Like 1

I posted this on real gm, but the Hawks need Cam Reddish more than any other pick.  I'm willing to part with 10 for him. I know Cray. 

Anyway, my big board for the Hawks looks like this. 

1. Cam Reddish - If anything else, Cam will push Tauren to get better. His fit with the Hawks is just perfect though. I think he'll be a better shooter and finisher than what he showed at Duke. The one thing he did well at Duke, which is not mentioned much, was he played solid defense even when his shots weren't falling.  Give me Cam all damn day! 

2.  Kevin Porter Jr.- These playoffs have shown, you may need a third or fourth scoring option. KPJ has the potential to be a first option if it all comes together and he has potential to be a great defender.

3. Luka Samanic _ Fits Dribble, Pass, shoot.

4. Jontay Porter - Would be a steal at 35!

5.. Mifondu Kabengele - I don't see him being available unless we trade with Boston and get 14 and 20 or 22. 

6.. Goga - He's a good pick, but I feel Porter has more upside.

.7. Nic Claxton - Would be an excellent pick with one of the seconds.

8..  Darius Bazley - Looked pretty good at the combine and would be an excellent pick with one of the seconds.

9. Louis King - I just like him with one of the seconds.

10. Jaxson Hayes - It's not that I don't like Hayes, it's just that he's a bit too raw for my liking and I'm not taking a center in the lottery, unles it's an Embiid or KAT type. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, marco102 said:

4. Jontay Porter - Would be a steal at 35!

Yes, please.  Like that value a lot.  Seems like a guy who will play 10 years in the league in a 6-10 spot in your rotation.  Even if he won't ever be good enough to start (and that isn't carved in stone) his perimeter shooting and size should make him a useful piece.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yes, please.  Like that value a lot.  Seems like a guy who will play 10 years in the league in a 6-10 spot in your rotation.  Even if he won't ever be good enough to start (and that isn't carved in stone) his perimeter shooting and size should make him a useful piece.

I have a hard time seeing him make it past a couple years in the league health-wise.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I have a hard time seeing him make it past a couple years in the league health-wise.

That is a fair concern.  I'd like to take the risk with a second round pick.  If he had been healthy, I think he may have been in the lottery.  He wasn't and the injury was serious but that is significant upside for me.

As an aside, I'm philosophically always concerned about upside with draft picks but much more concerned about floor with high draft picks than I am with second rounders.  

I’m starting to believe in Rui Hachimura @ 8. Yeah he’s an older rookie at 21, but I think he still has a lot of potential. 

He can immediately play Backup SF/PF and I believe with time he could defend the 3 and be a huge mismatch offensively.

He’s got world class work ethic, good all around athletic tools, and already possesses/flashes the skills to be an NBA scorer. 

Hes got to improve as a playmaker and improve his defensive awareness.

I think he just needs NBA minutes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/23/2019 at 10:21 PM, EazyRoc said:

I’m starting to believe in Rui Hachimura @ 8. Yeah he’s an older rookie at 21, but I think he still has a lot of potential. 

He can immediately play Backup SF/PF and I believe with time he could defend the 3 and be a huge mismatch offensively.

He’s got world class work ethic, good all around athletic tools, and already possesses/flashes the skills to be an NBA scorer. 

Agreed...Bottom line is there are a lot of options for the Hawks with those 2 picks and I think Schlenk will hit 2 home runs come June.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

New-age Paul Millsap.  I like him.

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Man, I’ll be disappointed if our top pick is Hachimura.  Can’t lie.  Don’t feel like there is any star potential there.  But Schlenk has earned the benefit of the doubt so if he takes him at 8 then I’ll know he really believed in him and that I’m likely missing something.

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Man, I’ll be disappointed if our top pick is Hachimura.  Can’t lie.  Don’t feel like there is any star potential there.  But Schlenk has earned the benefit of the doubt so if he takes him at 8 then I’ll know he really believed in him and that I’m likely missing something.

Maybe with the 10th pick, if Hunter/Cam/Culver are already off the board at 8 and Schlank really sees something special and reaches for Sekou there.

On 5/21/2019 at 1:20 AM, capstone21 said:

I wonder if 10 / Prince and 35 could get us 5 from the Cavs.

5 - Culver / Hunter

8 - Cam / Sekou

I Had the same thought but was hoping for a Hunter / Jaxson combo.  I think we have a nice future with scoring with Trae, JC, and Huerter. I know Jaxson may be a bit of a reach at 8 but a super athletic rim protector that finished hard at the rim (With Hayes and Collins Ice Trae would make ATL Lob City 2.0 for sure) and a defensive stopper in Hunter, that can do a little of everything, could really balance out the team.  Hunter would also bring a winning program's mindset and be ready to do the dirty work.  

I would also be intrigued about a possible Prince and what ever combo of this 2nd and maybe a future 2nd that might get us back in the 1st if the kid from France was still there.  He is young and raw but the highlights i have watched make me think he could be special. Not sure what Princes trade value would be, but he is a legit NBA player that will give you the sporadic great game.   If we held at 8 & 10 and left the draft with Reddish, Jaxson, Frenchie we would have a potential dynamic front court and wing depth for years and the salary space to potentially add a marque free agent if Hawks made another leap and found the 7 or 8 spot.

It's always the best time if the year to be a Hawks fan (historically sad I know) between the l lottery and the draft.  However, this year we have a GM hitting 1.000 in my opinion so i am excited to see what we look like in a month.

Let’s not forget: a healthy in-shape Cal’Omari Spellman is a very valuable bench piece to the Hawks. Kid showed last year he’s savvy as all GETout. Schlank will draft BPA, and we’re set at PF with J-Bap, Cal’Omari, maybe/hopefully  Vinsanity again, and Fresh Printz in small ball. Tells me we’re going double wangz platter with both picks, unless one is traded back. Then I could see possibly grabbing a Big with that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1