• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Premium Member

At #8 and #10, we seem to have a lot of varying options. On general the players seem fluid and interchangeable from 4-10. 

There is only one player I don't want...

Bol Manute Bol: Son of Manute Bol, Grandson of Madute Bol and Bol Chol Bol.

• Like 1

• Admin
On 5/24/2019 at 5:53 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

At #8 and #10, we seem to have a lot of varying options. On general the players seem fluid and interchangeable from 4-10. 

There is only one player I don't want...

Bol Manute Bol: Son of Manute Bol, Grandson of Madute Bol and Bol Chol Bol.

Completely agree ... he is not going to be durable enough for the NBA.  7’2 and only 205 ... no chance of getting positioning on offense and imagine trying to block out Steven Adams and other big centers ... not happening

On 5/20/2019 at 12:56 PM, AHF said:

Any prospects you guys particularly like or dislike?  I'm struggling to understand the Bruno Fernando love.

Oh that's easy.  Because he's Montrezl Harrell 2.0.

This is from last summer

This is from this year at the NBA Combine.  He knows the game and knows exactly what he brings to a team.  He's an ideal 5 for a team that likes to play fast, like the Hawks.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, Spud2nique said:

Agreed. The Porter injury genetics blow.

Is all this true:

The whole family is cursed. From Reddit: 
Bri Porter (oldest sibling) - Five ACL tears, had to medically retire from basketball
Cierra Porter (2nd oldest) - Forced to medically retire by knee injuries
Jontay Porter (youngest) - Two torn ACLs in the last year

Wonder if it has anything to do with the raw veganism bull the whole family practices

If even half that is true, there's no way I'm taking J. Porter.

And WTF is a raw vegan?  Sounds like "trying too hard", imho.  Eating healthy is great but all these fancy diets seem ridiculous to me.

"Oh sorry, I can't eat broccoli unless it's steamed for less than 47 seconds."

Dafuq you gonna do?  Starve if I put 2 shakes o' salt on these asparagus spears?

I get it, if it's a religious thing or if you just can't digest certain things.  But I ain't with these made-up standards on eating.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Is all this true:

And WTF is a raw vegan?  Sounds like "trying too hard", imho.  Eating healthy is great but all these fancy diets seem ridiculous to me.

Dafuq you gonna do?  Starve if I put 2 shakes o' salt on these asparagus spears?

I get it, if it's a religious thing or if you just can't digest certain things.  But I ain't with these made-up standards on eating.

Ya I agree. Diets are part of a crazy money scheme in the world. It’s like technology has made us forget even the most basic survival skills. Balance. 

The Porter’s need a little beef 🥩 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Is all this true:

28 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I agree. Diets are part of a crazy money scheme in the world. It’s like technology has made us forget even the most basic survival skills. Balance. 

Latest Porter update:

• Premium Member

I found an Interesting article from ESPN describing who they are High on (of course Zion) and those they are surprisingly low on.

Their prediction of each player's chances to make the all star game during their rookie season goes as following

1. Jaxson Hayes       28% chance

2. Brandon Clarke     27% chance

3. Bol Bol                    11% chance

4. RJ Barrett               10% Chance

They are really low on D'Andre Hunter and Ja Murant

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26826780/nba-draft-projections-most-likely-all-stars-player-compsd

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Preach, spud2.  Preach

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Goooooood lord. Get these folks some meat already..raw vegan is breaking their asses down 😟

Eggsactly.  I mean, even if the decision is still not to eat meat, you gotta think that series of events would cause you to question something.

Like dad, maybe we should give grilled chicken a try ... or something.  I mean, how many world-class athlete's ligaments do they need to see fail before they try something/anything?

And I'm not even trying to be funny.  That's sad as heyul, if all that's true.  That's closing in on Todd Marinovich's dad-level parenting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Preach, spud2.  Preach

Eggsactly.  I mean, even if the decision is still not to eat meat, you gotta think that series of events would cause you to question something.

Like dad, maybe we should give grilled chicken a try ... or something.  I mean, how many world-class athlete's ligaments do they need to see fail before they try something/anything?

And I'm not even trying to be funny.  That's sad as heyul, if all that's true.  That's closing in on Todd Marinovich's dad-level parenting.

I’m guessing I can’t have a tofurky dog at the next cul de sac bbq 🍗? 😆 

I got a lot of new information in terms of ATL  

Hawks are talking trade with Cleveland/NY. 

NY wants to move back to #5 for Culver. Cleveland wants #3. If Culver is at #5, Cleveland wants to do the same deal we did last year for Doncic/Young. Issue is of course, they owe us their pick in 2020. They want it back. Willing to give the 2nd rounders owe and eat some salary for it. Framework is based on Bazemore/Plumlee for J.R. Smith and John Henson and two future 2nds which would have went to Atlanta if they didn't convert the pick. From what I am hearing. J.R. Smith could be shopped for a 1st and an bad expiring regardless so it could be 4 teams. Atlanta has been very active in trying to move up for more 1st rounders. Haven't showed much interest in moving back. Also haven't showed much interest in trading Prince at this time from others around the league.

DeAndre Hunter is getting shitted on right now in this stage. He will need to have a great pro day because teams are eating his ass alive. Been hearing he could fall to 10-12 range. 

In the same boat, Culver is getting super praise right now. No chance he falls passed Cleveland at #5. 

Reddish stock seem to hit a rock right now. Teams aren't too happy with his pro day and that he stopped it early for injuries. The question about his passion has been stated by numerous teams, he needs to get his shit together. His range is 7-12 right now. His potential is through the roof and a lot of teams are high on what he could be if he had the passion they believe. This is not my take, I think he's tremendous and I got several Duke staffers saying he does have the passion and love for the game but it just doesn't come in the biggest of spots. This was said in HS about him as well. 

Little on the other hand stock is locked into the top 10 right now. It's hard to see the Hawks passing on him and they got a hard on for him. He translates well and his potential is sky high but his floor is really low and I have my doubts but everyone I've talked to said, even the Bulls are high on him. His hand size is legit and the saying on him isn't Leonard, it's Scottie Pippen. Teams think he will be an all star in time. His interviews were off the charts. Teams are in love in his intelligence and he was really able to explain what he did at UNC really well. He just passes all of the tests. Mental ones that is. Definitely not the production ones. 

Hawks haven't really showed any signs of willingness to move back or up from 8/10. They are confident they will get what they want at #8 and #10. 

Rui, Goga, and Sekou are big movers. They are lottery locks right now. Teams are all in for them. 

Langford seems to be a target of the Pistons. 

Bol seems like he could go in the lottery as well as the 2nd round. His stock is not good right now. 

Teams are falling in love with Tyler Herro. 

Teams are also falling in love with Klutch clients, Darius Bazley and Talen Horton-Tucker. They been in love with THT but they are more open with it of late. 

Darius Garland stock seems to be from #4-7. The Lakers seem to be zoning in him. They also like Hunter as well. 

White seems to be a lock for #6. 

No one knows what the Bulls will do at #7. People say #4 is a wildcard but it's not. It's likely Garland. It's #7. I've asked what is the Bulls looking for and everyone says, Zo Ball or trade back. I am hearing Lakers have zero interest in trading Zo outside of a Beal or AD trade and no teams are dying to move up in this lottery. Seems like the Bulls will just BPA this one. I've been hearing they are high on Sekou. They have called us about #10 and taking salary which the Hawks weren't interested in at that time. 

Hawks have been one of the most active teams with the Bulls during this period. I think the Hawks will get a couple more 1sts. That's what they seem to be aiming for.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got a lot of new information in terms of ATL  

Hawks are talking trade with Cleveland/NY. 

NY wants to move back to #5 for Culver. Cleveland wants #3. If Culver is at #5, Cleveland wants to do the same deal we did last year for Doncic/Young. Issue is of course, they owe us their pick in 2020. They want it back. Willing to give the 2nd rounders owe and eat some salary for it. Framework is based on Bazemore/Plumlee for J.R. Smith and John Henson and two future 2nds which would have went to Atlanta if they didn't convert the pick. From what I am hearing. J.R. Smith could be shopped for a 1st and an bad expiring regardless so it could be 4 teams. Atlanta has been very active in trying to move up for more 1st rounders. Haven't showed much interest in moving back. Also haven't showed much interest in trading Prince at this time from others around the league.

DeAndre Hunter is getting shitted on right now in this stage. He will need to have a great pro day because teams are eating his ass alive. Been hearing he could fall to 10-12 range. 

In the same boat, Culver is getting super praise right now. No chance he falls passed Cleveland at #5. 

Reddish stock seem to hit a rock right now. Teams aren't too happy with his pro day and that he stopped it early for injuries. The question about his passion has been stated by numerous teams, he needs to get his shit together. His range is 7-12 right now. His potential is through the roof and a lot of teams are high on what he could be if he had the passion they believe. This is not my take, I think he's tremendous and I got several Duke staffers saying he does have the passion and love for the game but it just doesn't come in the biggest of spots. This was said in HS about him as well. 

Little on the other hand stock is locked into the top 10 right now. It's hard to see the Hawks passing on him and they got a hard on for him. He translates well and his potential is sky high but his floor is really low and I have my doubts but everyone I've talked to said, even the Bulls are high on him. His hand size is legit and the saying on him isn't Leonard, it's Scottie Pippen. Teams think he will be an all star in time. His interviews were off the charts. Teams are in love in his intelligence and he was really able to explain what he did at UNC really well. He just passes all of the tests. Mental ones that is. Definitely not the production ones. 

Hawks haven't really showed any signs of willingness to move back or up from 8/10. They are confident they will get what they want at #8 and #10. 

Rui, Goga, and Sekou are big movers. They are lottery locks right now. Teams are all in for them. 

Langford seems to be a target of the Pistons. 

Bol seems like he could go in the lottery as well as the 2nd round. His stock is not good right now. 

Teams are falling in love with Tyler Herro. 

Teams are also falling in love with Klutch clients, Darius Bazley and Talen Horton-Tucker. They been in love with THT but they are more open with it of late. 

Darius Garland stock seems to be from #4-7. The Lakers seem to be zoning in him. They also like Hunter as well. 

White seems to be a lock for #6. 

No one knows what the Bulls will do at #7. People say #4 is a wildcard but it's not. It's likely Garland. It's #7. I've asked what is the Bulls looking for and everyone says, Zo Ball or trade back. I am hearing Lakers have zero interest in trading Zo outside of a Beal or AD trade and no teams are dying to move up in this lottery. Seems like the Bulls will just BPA this one. I've been hearing they are high on Sekou. They have called us about #10 and taking salary which the Hawks weren't interested in at that time. 

Hawks have been one of the most active teams with the Bulls during this period. I think the Hawks will get a couple more 1sts. That's what they seem to be aiming for.

Thanks for the juicy info.
Interesting that the Hawks are trying to get more 1sts- that's contrary to what Schlenk has said all year, that he's looking for future 1st, not more 2019 1st.
I guess seeing guys go through workouts, peaked his interest.

• Like 1

It’s a lot of good, not really great prospects going in to the Top 20-25ish range. One of those guys could be a hit and be that diamond in the rough. 

I like the game plan. Take a bunch of shots and hope you hit on at least 2-3.

We have a few good pieces in place. We should experiment and try to turn our picks into 2 or 3 more assets. 

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m guessing I can’t have a tofurky dog at the next cul de sac bbq 🍗? 😆 

Heyul nawl.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Meaning he's struggled in workouts vs other guys or folks just talking and about him?

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heyul nawl.

Meaning he's struggled in workouts vs other guys or folks just talking and about him?

They are saying Virginia products have a low ceiling. Like Joe Harris..brogdon. They are wondering if he will ever be a volume scorer. 

Teams in the lottery hate low ceilings. 

Personally if he fell to 8, if Cam and Culver were gone I’d snatch him up. 

I understand upside but the kid can lock people down and hit 3’s. He’s another perfect fit like Cam for our squad.

ps Are you serving tofu fingerss as appetizers? I swear I’ll walk! 

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

They are saying Virginia products have a low ceiling. Like Joe Harris..brogdon. They are wondering if he will ever be a volume scorer. 

Teams in the lottery hate low ceilings. 

Personally if he fell to 8, if Cam and Culver were gone I’d snatch him up. 

I understand upside but the kid can lock people down and hit 3’s. He’s another perfect fit like Cam for our squad.

ps Are you serving tofu fingerss as appetizers? I swear I’ll walk! 

I been telling y'all about UVA players.  I love solid but not in my lotto picks.

And if anybody brang tofo to the 'sac, somebody gettin body slamed.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heyul nawl.

No, he hasn't. He hasn't really worked out in front of anyone till today and obvious I don't have that detail but he's getting killed. Teams want stars or potential stars. They are running from the hills for the Otto Porter Jr. type unless he gets paid like R.Cov in his 2nd contract. OPJ contract killed the value of the productive role player for bad teams. 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No, he hasn't. He hasn't really worked out in front of anyone till today and obvious I don't have that detail but he's getting killed. Teams want stars or potential stars. They are running from the hills for the Otto Porter Jr. type unless he gets paid like R.Cov in his 2nd contract. OPJ contract killed the value of the productive role player for bad teams. 

This needs more explaining.

If he's not getting killed in workouts, what then? Bad interview, bad drills, what????