• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

😁.

Cash Considerations was an ASG special.

If fairness, this is the rare draft where I could more understand selling a pick.  If we don't make a deal that results in us reducing our total picks, we will have to either draft stashes or sell a few of our second round picks.  Trading for value is the way to go but if there is no deal to be had then I could see selling one of our late picks if there is no attractive stash.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Early: 

FYI: Culver decline a workout with us. Hunter isn't working out with anyone. His agent is on some, his metrics and data speaks for itself. 

Hunter is gone at 4-7. Book it. People love 2 wayers.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Hunter is gone at 4-7. Book it. People love 2 wayers.

My worst case draft would probably be someone getting hot on Sekou and Reddish before we pick and then White and Garland slipping to us.  If something like that happened, Schlenk would be burning up the phone lines trying to get a deal done.

Just now, AHF said:

My worst case draft would probably be someone getting hot on Sekou and Reddish before we pick and then White and Garland slipping to us.  If something like that happened, Schlenk would be burning up the phone lines trying to get a deal done.

I’m hoping the draft is set before the draft. It seems nowadays GM’s know exactly what’s going to happen and what agents are with what teams and preferred destinations. But you are right, if that happens, we need to think fast. I will say this, everyone and their moms want Garland so even if we draft him, some team will pay us a load for him.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The question was, who do you not want at 8 or 10?

Gotcha. You just pulled a Sturt on me with the wording stuff. I’m clear now. We on the same page. BPA all the times but preferred wangs at 8/10. Gotcha. My mistake. (Since the scrubs lost I’ve become a better man and apologetic for my actions). 😊 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Gotcha. You just pulled a Sturt on me with the wording stuff. I’m clear now. We on the same page. BPA all the times but preferred wangs at 8/10. Gotcha. My mistake. (Since the scrubs lost I’ve become a better man and apologetic for my actions). 😊 

Ha.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not so much worried about Reddish. Cleveland has cooled and Chicago is looking in other areas. Sekou could be gone as high as #6. Bulls like him too. 

It wouldn't surprise me if both Hayes and Sekou were gone by #10

Travis says that Zion is his top choice in this draft.  What would Hawks have to do to get him?  After all, we have three 1st round picks, and two are lottery and three second round picks...

Any ideas?  And, Hawks just might have an extra player or two already signed they would trade...

:cool:

Just now, IheartVolt said:

Yikes.. Klay has an acl tear.. talking about bombs in a series.. Man Lady luck was pissing on GSW

ACL tears aren't as bad as they used to be with better surgical techniques. He'll be back in 9 months. KD's Achilles is a more serious injury, but I don't think he was coming back to GS anyways. But KD still has that length and a one of a kind stroke, I think he'll beat the odds.

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

ACL tears aren't as bad as they used to be with better surgical techniques. He'll be back in 9 months. KD's Achilles is a more serious injury, but I don't think he was coming back to GS anyways. But KD still has that length and a one of a kind stroke, I think he'll beat the odds.

achilles is a bad injury.  teams won't but should avoid him imo.

6 minutes ago, kerrypack said:

achilles is a bad injury.  teams won't but should avoid him imo.

Totally agree.  Next time Durant hits the court, he'll be 32 (I think), he'll have missed a full year and he'll be coming off an achilles tear.  He'll still be good but he won't be worth the max that they'll be paying him.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

Crossing Cam off the list is a dream come true for me but like Nbasupes quite accurately stated, no one else wants this Bum except Hawk fans.

• Haha 1

Update: 

Hawks- Nothing

AD Trade - 

He has there is two states, one is those around the league highly connected feel a deal with the Lakers can happen anyday. 

But the state he is in says otherwise. He said those close to the situation feel the Lakers are too far from a deal as well as the Celtics and are looking into the offseason when teams have the flexibility to add players and maybe more open to a rental then. He says this one is likely going to July since they couldn't get the All Star level player they coveted yet. 

I asked who are the sleepers, he said the Rockets, Nuggets, Pacers, Blazers. He said watchout for the Pacers and that Myles Turner could be made available if they can get a center and a PG in FA/trade/draft. There ability to trade premium prospects is attractive to NO but they aren't willing right now but the belief is, they could. I asked him, is there any chance he would stay in Indy, he said, Larry and Kevin believes what Danny believes, he just wants to win and they have this belief that Vic will be ready for training camp. 

Pacers - He said he is also hearing Indy is really locking into Mike Conley as the PG as well. 

Lakers - He said, if the Lakers keep the pick, they will select Darius Garland. Said he gets the feeling they are open to moving back as well for the right offer. Not looking to trade players outside of AD deal. 

I asked what the news on the Suns since the Bulls seems to be looking into a trade with MIN. He said the Suns are looking at Culver and Garland. After that they want Hunter. They want polished players to add but they really would like to move down. 

Told me the Bulls are one of the most active teams for trades. Said they are not open to trading LaVine, Carter Jr. or Lauri. Said they want to make the playoffs next year and looking for vets who can help them win. 

Said Cavs are the biggest wildcard if Culver goes #4. May trade the pick to CHI or MIN who has interest in Garland and for MIN (Both PGs). 

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Crossing Cam off the list is a dream come true for me but like Nbasupes quite accurately stated, no one else wants this Bum except Hawk fans.

Every year, we always got that one fan that hates a prospect that everyone really likes or kinda likes, that guy is you this year. I been that guy before and thankfully, I was wrong. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Every year, we always got that one fan that hates a prospect that everyone really likes or kinda likes, that guy is you this year. I been that guy before and thankfully, I was wrong. 

I hope so