• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This needs more explaining.

If he's not getting killed in workouts, what then? Bad interview, bad drills, what????

He is getting killed in NBA evaluations. He hasn't interviewed, he wasn't at the combine. This has simply come to his potential and what can he be in the NBA. Players like him are valued in the mid 1st, not the top 10 anymore. Teams would rather miss than hit poorly in the top 10. Otto Porter Jr. was a hit but it was poor as it lead to a max contract. Teams value OPJ at R. Cov salary level. That's a perfect contract. Even what Marcus Smart got, perfect deal but teams really value the cap when making these decisions. 

The more I watched Hunter I started seeing limits in his game offensively. He’s still a top 10 caliber pick, but still projects out as a 3 and D guy. He should still go Top 10 I believe.

Reading more about Nassir Little is warming me up. I got a better understanding of what was going on at UNC with his playing time. I wouldn’t hate the pick and actually am starting to like him. He’s got potential as a slasher and elite defender. He’s got NBA size and is an elite run jump athlete. His ceiling will be determined by his handle and jump shot. If he makes big strides there, he could be a perennial All Star. Worst case I still see him being an elite defender. He’s still going to take time and coaching like most rookies.

I’m settling in on Bruno Fernando. He also has elite defensive potential and good spot up potential. He checks all boxes athletically. I think he will take time, but can see an All Defensive appearance or two on his resume when it’s all said and done. 

We have some pretty good options even at 8 and 10.

• Like 1

• Admin
48 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is getting killed in NBA evaluations. He hasn't interviewed, he wasn't at the combine. This has simply come to his potential and what can he be in the NBA. Players like him are valued in the mid 1st, not the top 10 anymore. Teams would rather miss than hit poorly in the top 10. Otto Porter Jr. was a hit but it was poor as it lead to a max contract. Teams value OPJ at R. Cov salary level. That's a perfect contract. Even what Marcus Smart got, perfect deal but teams really value the cap when making these decisions. 

I will say I am little antsy of your info after last years draft lead up debacle but will give the benefit of the doubt.

if Hunter drops I would def love to scoop up Cam at 8 and Him at 10.  Problem is if he is dropping then I expect Cam to move up past our 8 spot.  Really wish we could get Culver

• Admin
1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

The more I watched Hunter I started seeing limits in his game offensively. He’s still a top 10 caliber pick, but still projects out as a 3 and D guy. He should still go Top 10 I believe.

Reading more about Nassir Little is warming me up. I got a better understanding of what was going on at UNC with his playing time. I wouldn’t hate the pick and actually am starting to like him. He’s got potential as a slasher and elite defender. He’s got NBA size and is an elite run jump athlete. His ceiling will be determined by his handle and jump shot. If he makes big strides there, he could be a perennial All Star. Worst case I still see him being an elite defender. He’s still going to take time and coaching like most rookies.

I’m settling in on Bruno Fernando. He also has elite defensive potential and good spot up potential. He checks all boxes athletically. I think he will take time, but can see an All Defensive appearance or two on his resume when it’s all said and done. 

We have some pretty good options even at 8 and 10.

I watched a lot of UNC and Little doesn’t know how to play.  He is an awesome athlete but he is far from ready as he needs to learn how to play.  He should have stayed in College

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I watched a lot of UNC and Little doesn’t know how to play.  He is an awesome athlete but he is far from ready as he needs to learn how to play.  He should have stayed in College

I think it would’ve helped but I also think he just didn’t like UNC. He definitely should’ve went somewhere that he could’ve played through mistakes. He wasn’t a better basketball player than the guys in front of him. He needs time and experience. He could be a real deal player with the right coaching. He has his warts too though..

• Admin
30 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I think it would’ve helped but I also think he just didn’t like UNC. He definitely should’ve went somewhere that he could’ve played through mistakes. He wasn’t a better basketball player than the guys in front of him. He needs time and experience. He could be a real deal player with the right coaching. He has his warts too though..

I think he is more bust then potential 

Hunter is getting slammed because scouts love a players ceiling and his “seems” to low based on his “limited” offensive skills. From what I’ve seen however, he can defend with a ridiculous wingspan, he’s already got an NBA body, he can shoot the 3 (from college but most likely nba transition seems easy) and he can put it on the floor on occasion.

He’s a top 10 pick indeed and if he lands in the right situation, which is us, then he can flourish with Trae.

I’m in the camp of:

Cam/Culver/Clarke

My next tier is:

Hachimura/Sekou/Hunter

My only question is, how much better of a player can Hunter be than Prince? If you think Hunter can be better by a wide margin then you take him. If you feel that he can only marginally be better then I think you go for more of a home run swing on another prospect. 

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I think he is more bust then potential 

Me too. I’m not buying what Little is selling. I don’t like athletes without natural basketball skills.

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

I been telling y'all about UVA players.  I love solid but not in my lotto picks.

And if anybody brang tofo to the 'sac, somebody gettin body slamed.

You absolutely have been. I think I remember trying to bust your hump on a thread where you mentioned UVA players being solid but not stars. I think I mentioned Brogdon to further help solidify your case. 😂

I’m bringing Potato 🥔 salad and St. Ides special brew (all flavors). If Billy Rifkin from across the street gives me a weird look I’m kickin his dad’s a$$. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You absolutely have been. I think I remember trying to bust your hump on a thread where you mentioned UVA players being solid but not stars. I think I mentioned Brogdon to further help solidify your case. 😂

I’m bringing Potato 🥔 salad and St. Ides special brew (all flavors). If Billy Rifkin from across the street gives me a weird look I’m kickin his dad’s a$$. 

Mmhmm, Hunter will be a good pro.  I have no doubt about that.  I only doubt that he'll ever be a high-level guy and thus should really only be drafted in the low lotto at best.

On Little, it doesn't surprise me that he's done well in interviews.  It also doesn't surprise me that going to UNC ended up being a bad decision for him.  He was slated to go to GT for months.  Was a fit there from a personality perspective and tracked to be a multi-year player.  Then he blew up, UNC and the like got involved and he got thrust onto the OaD radar prematurely.  He went from a diamond-in-the-rough recruit to McDAA game MVP in a relatively short period of time.  Last year was probably a whirlwind for him and his family.

I've also been telling ya'll that places like Duke and UNC don't develop players anymore. It shouldn't be surprising that Little, who was in need of development, struggled.

I only think we should draft him at 10 or if he drops and we acquire another mid 1st.  Whoever gets him needs to understand he's in need of multiple years of development.  He's a good kid and a hard worker so I could see him ending up among the best in this draft.

And leave lil' Billy alone.  He just thinks you're his real dad.  Yep, you're the John Redcorn of the 'sac.

15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I got a lot of new information in terms of ATL  

Hawks are talking trade with Cleveland/NY. 

NY wants to move back to #5 for Culver. Cleveland wants #3. If Culver is at #5, Cleveland wants to do the same deal we did last year for Doncic/Young. Issue is of course, they owe us their pick in 2020. They want it back. Willing to give the 2nd rounders owe and eat some salary for it. Framework is based on Bazemore/Plumlee for J.R. Smith and John Henson and two future 2nds which would have went to Atlanta if they didn't convert the pick. From what I am hearing. J.R. Smith could be shopped for a 1st and an bad expiring regardless so it could be 4 teams. Atlanta has been very active in trying to move up for more 1st rounders. Haven't showed much interest in moving back. Also haven't showed much interest in trading Prince at this time from others around the league.

DeAndre Hunter is getting shitted on right now in this stage. He will need to have a great pro day because teams are eating his ass alive. Been hearing he could fall to 10-12 range. 

In the same boat, Culver is getting super praise right now. No chance he falls passed Cleveland at #5. 

Reddish stock seem to hit a rock right now. Teams aren't too happy with his pro day and that he stopped it early for injuries. The question about his passion has been stated by numerous teams, he needs to get his shit together. His range is 7-12 right now. His potential is through the roof and a lot of teams are high on what he could be if he had the passion they believe. This is not my take, I think he's tremendous and I got several Duke staffers saying he does have the passion and love for the game but it just doesn't come in the biggest of spots. This was said in HS about him as well. 

Little on the other hand stock is locked into the top 10 right now. It's hard to see the Hawks passing on him and they got a hard on for him. He translates well and his potential is sky high but his floor is really low and I have my doubts but everyone I've talked to said, even the Bulls are high on him. His hand size is legit and the saying on him isn't Leonard, it's Scottie Pippen. Teams think he will be an all star in time. His interviews were off the charts. Teams are in love in his intelligence and he was really able to explain what he did at UNC really well. He just passes all of the tests. Mental ones that is. Definitely not the production ones. 

Hawks haven't really showed any signs of willingness to move back or up from 8/10. They are confident they will get what they want at #8 and #10. 

Rui, Goga, and Sekou are big movers. They are lottery locks right now. Teams are all in for them. 

Langford seems to be a target of the Pistons. 

Bol seems like he could go in the lottery as well as the 2nd round. His stock is not good right now. 

Teams are falling in love with Tyler Herro. 

Teams are also falling in love with Klutch clients, Darius Bazley and Talen Horton-Tucker. They been in love with THT but they are more open with it of late. 

Darius Garland stock seems to be from #4-7. The Lakers seem to be zoning in him. They also like Hunter as well. 

White seems to be a lock for #6. 

No one knows what the Bulls will do at #7. People say #4 is a wildcard but it's not. It's likely Garland. It's #7. I've asked what is the Bulls looking for and everyone says, Zo Ball or trade back. I am hearing Lakers have zero interest in trading Zo outside of a Beal or AD trade and no teams are dying to move up in this lottery. Seems like the Bulls will just BPA this one. I've been hearing they are high on Sekou. They have called us about #10 and taking salary which the Hawks weren't interested in at that time. 

Hawks have been one of the most active teams with the Bulls during this period. I think the Hawks will get a couple more 1sts. That's what they seem to be aiming for.

I got a lot of new details from yesterday and calls this morning: 

Pelicans: AD in the meeting a couple of days ago indicated he wanted a trade to the Lakers. While he wouldn't resign with the Knicks, he would consider it. I was also told that Griffin and Gentry both like the Lakers package if it's the kitchen sink. I was told the only player off the table for the Lakers is Josh Hart. The deal will revolve around Ball (centerpiece), Kuz, BI who Griffin loves, and Hunter who the Pelicans are coveting with #4. 

Their free agent target is Brook Lopez and then Dedmon. They want a center who can shoot next to Zion. They want to switch everything 1-4 and play more fast. They love the idea of Ball/Jrue/Hunter/Zion and want BI and Kuz for depth. They believe they can make the playoffs next year. 

Bulls: They want one of the PG's. That's not new but it's unlikely seeing that LAL is zoning in on Garland. They are a team in a bad place. Garland is their top target on their board that possible. 

Lakers: They want AD then Beal. They strongly feel they can get AD. They want Kyrie in FA but if they miss on him and Kemba. They want Lowry. 

Knicks: Knicks want AD as well. They want Durant with Leonard. They also want Kyrie or Kemba. From what I am hearing, it's going to be Durant and Kemba. 

Nets: Kyrie #1 team is Brooklyn and they want Kyrie. They also want to trade Allen Crabbe BAD but don't want to move out of the mid 1st. Something has to give. Jimmy Butler also wants to go to Brooklyn if the Lakers don't show the interest that Bron has showed to Jimmy. 

Cavs: They are selling the J.R. Smith contract like a beast asset and it is not to most teams but teams still want it. 

Raptors: If they lose Leonard, they will try to sell Ibaka, Gasol if he opts in and Lowry. Build around Siakam, O.G. and Green. They are trying to get a lot of assets for the 2020 draft if Leonard leaves. 

Jazz: They really really want Mike Conley. It seems like a forgone conclusion as well. 

Grizzles: They wanted a mid 1st for Conley and cap space and will likely get it. They really want Thad Young. 

Warriors: It seems like it's not just people I know close to Leonard anymore. It seems like the Warriors top target is Leonard this off-season as much as keeping Durant and Klay.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I got a lot of new details from yesterday and calls this morning: 

Pelicans: AD in the meeting a couple of days ago indicated he wanted a trade to the Lakers. While he wouldn't resign with the Knicks, he would consider it. I was also told that Griffin and Gentry both like the Lakers package if it's the kitchen sink. I was told the only player off the table for the Lakers is Josh Hart. The deal will revolve around Ball (centerpiece), Kuz, BI who Griffin loves, and Hunter who the Pelicans are coveting with #4. 

Their free agent target is Brook Lopez and then Dedmon. They want a center who can shoot next to Zion. They want to switch everything 1-4 and play more fast. They love the idea of Ball/Jrue/Hunter/Zion and want BI and Kuz for depth. They believe they can make the playoffs next year. 

Bulls: They want one of the PG's. That's not new but it's unlikely seeing that LAL is zoning in on Garland. They are a team in a bad place. Garland is their top target on their board that possible. 

Lakers: They want AD then Beal. They strongly feel they can get AD. They want Kyrie in FA but if they miss on him and Kemba. They want Lowry. 

Knicks: Knicks want AD as well. They want Durant with Leonard. They also want Kyrie or Kemba. From what I am hearing, it's going to be Durant and Kemba. 

Nets: Kyrie #1 team is Brooklyn and they want Kyrie. They also want to trade Allen Crabbe BAD but don't want to move out of the mid 1st. Something has to give. Jimmy Butler also wants to go to Brooklyn if the Lakers don't show the interest that Bron has showed to Jimmy. 

Cavs: They are selling the J.R. Smith contract like a beast asset and it is not to most teams but teams still want it. 

Raptors: If they lose Leonard, they will try to sell Ibaka, Gasol if he opts in and Lowry. Build around Siakam, O.G. and Green. They are trying to get a lot of assets for the 2020 draft if Leonard leaves. 

Jazz: They really really want Mike Conley. It seems like a forgone conclusion as well. 

Grizzles: They wanted a mid 1st for Conley and cap space and will likely get it. They really want Thad Young. 

Warriors: It seems like it's not just people I know close to Leonard anymore. It seems like the Warriors top target is Leonard this off-season as much as keeping Durant and Klay.

So the Warriors want to swap KD for Kawhi?  Damn.  Do they even have the Cap space for that?  

Spud’s 2019 mock draft: 

No BS just cold hard facts. Warning: Not your main stream mock!

1. Pelicans- Zion Williamson
  2. Grizzlies- Ja Morant
  3. Knicks- RJ Barrett 
  4. Lakers- Cam Reddish 
  5. Cavs- Jarrett Culver
  6. Suns-Darius Garland
  7. Bulls- Coby White
  8. Hawks- Sekou Doumbouya 
  9. Wizards-Rui Hachimura
  10. Hawks-Brandon Clarke
  11. Wolves-DeAndre Hunter
  12. Hornets- Mfiondu Kabengele 
  13. Heat- Keldon Johnson
  14. Celtics- PJ Washington
  15. Pistons- Romeo Langford 
  16. Magic- Nassir Little
  17. Nets- Goga Bitadze 
  18. Pacers-Tyler Herro
  19. Spurs-Nickeil Alexander-Walker
  20. Celtics-Grant Williams
  21. Thunder- Jaxson Hayes
  22. Celtics- Bol Bol
  23. Jazz- Kevin Porter jr.
  24. Sixers-Cameron Johnson
  25. Blazers-Talen Horton-Tucker
  26. Cavs-KZ Okpala
  27. Nets-Ty Jerome
  28. Warriors-Bruno Fernando 
  29. Spurs-Matisse Thybulle 
  30. Bucks-Luka Samanic
  • Like 2

• Admin
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Spud’s 2019 mock draft: 

No BS just cold hard facts. Warning: Not your main stream mock!

1. Pelicans- Zion Williamson
  2. Grizzlies- Ja Morant
  3. Knicks- RJ Barrett 
  4. Lakers- Cam Reddish 
  5. Cavs- Jarrett Culver
  6. Suns-Darius Garland
  7. Bulls- Coby White
  8. Hawks- Sekou Doumbouya 
  9. Wizards-Rui Hachimura
  10. Hawks-Brandon Clarke
  11. Wolves-DeAndre Hunter
  12. Hornets- Mfiondu Kabengele 
  13. Heat- Keldon Johnson
  14. Celtics- PJ Washington
  15. Pistons- Romeo Langford 
  16. Magic- Nassir Little
  17. Nets- Goga Bitadze 
  18. Pacers-Tyler Herro
  19. Spurs-Nickeil Alexander-Walker
  20. Celtics-Grant Williams
  21. Thunder- Jaxson Hayes
  22. Celtics- Bol Bol
  23. Jazz- Kevin Porter jr.
  24. Sixers-Cameron Johnson
  25. Blazers-Talen Horton-Tucker
  26. Cavs-KZ Okpala
  27. Nets-Ty Jerome
  28. Warriors-Bruno Fernando 
  29. Spurs-Matisse Thybulle 
  30. Bucks-Luka Samanic

I wouldn’t pass on Hunter for Clarke ... would be very happy with a Hunter / Sekou haul

21 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I wouldn’t pass on Hunter for Clarke ... would be very happy with a Hunter / Sekou haul

Yes that would be a great draft as well. I just have a weird feeling that Clarke is gonna be a guy that you want on your team that makes an impact no more how much the measurements stack against him. No doubt Hunter would be a steal at 8 or 10 as well and a great fit.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@Spud2nique how dare you compare Goga to Bargnani.

Fran Fraschila describes G as "mobile, agile and hostile".  Thats eggsactly what I want out of my 7ft, 250lb C.

None of those words were ever said about Andrea. 

Oh shiiit he’s hostile? I love that! 😆 I can’t take another Pero...I mean he was a lil tudy but not “hostile”! I want a prospect who will get in Draymond Green’s face and say AYE YO U GHETTO BUT NOT PRISON GHETTO LESSSS GO DONKEY! If Goga is that guy, I’ll spend the 8th pick in him. That’s why I want Clarke, I don’t think he puts up with bs.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh shiiit he’s hostile? I love that! 😆 I can’t take another Pero...I mean he was a lil tudy but not “hostile”! I want a prospect who will get in Draymond Green’s face and say AYE YO U GHETTO BUT NOT PRISON GHETTO LESSSS GO DONKEY! If Goga is that guy, I’ll spend the 8th pick in him. That’s why I want Clarke, I don’t think he puts up with bs.

Goga is from Zaza's town, bro.  They don't take no mess.  Plus we'd get the Russian bots voting him into the ASG.  How can we say 'no' to that?

And Clarke is apparently like 200 lbs soaking wet.  Second coming of Matt Barnes.

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Goga is from Zaza's town, bro.  They don't take no mess.  Plus we'd get the Russian bots voting him into the ASG.  How can we say 'no' to that?

And Clarke is apparently like 200 lbs soaking wet.  Second coming of Matt Barnes.

Omg 😯 no. Barnes would get beaten down by Clarke. I don’t think Clarke will get moved around at any weight. He’s got that man strength broh! When did you see him wet? 😆 

I love Russian votes and loved Zaza before evil 👿 Kerr told him to get dirty. 🖕🏽U Benny you spy 🕵️♂️