• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

Why do some idiots believe we'll trade 8, 10, 17+ just to get the 4 pick?

Idiots.  Wtf is the difference between 4 and 8 in this draft?  But we're gonna give all that up? Smdh

Rumors bs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

39yyp9tr0n431.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

found this on reddit, it's from Givony's latest article

I’m not surprised as Travis specifically scouted him a couple of times live for the Virginia games. He does fit our roster well and brings a long wingspan and tenacious D. I actually wouldn’t mind a crazy good defender. We haven’t had that in the ATL for a minute.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@kg01 Keith’s Box 📦 is on line 2 for you..

😝 

Good God yes where can I sign off on this.

That would be really nice, I wouldn't even mind 8 for Solomon Hill and 4 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, turnermx said:

That would be really nice, I wouldn't even mind 8 for Solomon Hill and 4 

Agreed! What up turner!!! Been a minute. Good to see you. In ur honor I’m having a smoothie this morning! 😉 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Yep, leave KB back in retirement. Something tell me it would have been last year part 2 in this thread

😝 yup agreed. 

104 hours and 52 minutes....

Too soon for a countdown? 🤣 

You know you love it! 😊 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had Boston everything but peep this.

@NBASupes in this we get Cam, Clarke and Bol! I’ll take this and give it an A+ draft.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/nba-mock-draft-2019-boston-celtics-could-use-three-picks-after-anthony-davis-trade-plus-zion-williamson-more.html

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Agreed! What up turner!!! Been a minute. Good to see you. In ur honor I’m having a smoothie this morning! 😉 

Good idea! Good to see you too! I'm more lurker than lurker lately.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Good idea! Good to see you too! I'm more lurker than lurker lately.

Please use different adjectives 😆 I’ve had bad associations with lurkers here and lurkers at SJSU library bathroom 20 years ago... when a stall is locked please don’t look through the hole 🕳 at me.. 😐 

Another story for another day!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@NBASupes in this we get Cam, Clarke and Bol! I’ll take this and give it an A+ draft.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/nba-mock-draft-2019-boston-celtics-could-use-three-picks-after-anthony-davis-trade-plus-zion-williamson-more.html

As opposed to this one having us grabbing Nas at 8 and Hayes at 10. Interestingly enough, Bol again at 17! C- draft here for me. Maybe a D+.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-virginias-deandre-hunter-is-best-option-for-pelicans-at-no-4-after-anthony-davis-trade-to-lakers/

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Please use different adjectives 😆 I’ve had bad associations with lurkers here and lurkers at SJSU library bathroom 20 years ago... when a stall is locked please don’t look through the hole 🕳 at me.. 😐 

Another story for another day!

Wow... jeepers creepers lurkers lol

Just now, turnermx said:

Wow... jeepers creepers lurkers lol

I think he was a homeless man. Still wanted to beat his a$$ 😆 I was mad. Chased him out after pulling up the pants 👖 but couldn’t find him he jetted. 😐 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don't know if the Hawks have interest in Bol but yes sir! Would love it

• Like 1

Since this is what's likely in talk, let's talk contingency deals.

A contingency deal is when the terms meet for both teams if all lands correctly.

You average one is like Atlanta and Dallas last year. 

Dallas wanted Luka. Was willing to pay #5 and future 1st. 

Atlanta wanted two players, Trae and JJJ but was really targeting Trae the most. So they announced the deal before the draft as you would have to take Trae 4th which wasn't happening as MEM wanted JJJ. This meant the deal was final once the pick were made. 

Then we have the hard ones. 

This is when teams agree if...

4 is no and 10 is atl 

No is open to trading 4 if Johnson is available at 10. If Johnson is not available, no deal. Now what if Atlanta wants Johnson at 8. This means Johnson will not be available and no deal. 

Let say ATL isn't targeting Johnson, he falls to 10, the deal is made. 

But lets say Johnson falls to 10 but Oakley, Smith and Carter who Atlanta thought was going higher are also available at 8 and 10. Atlanta deal could be contingent on if our players we covet at 8 and 10 is available,  no deal. 

These are complex deals. A lot of actions to complete it could happen. 

This means teams must make their deal based on who they want. If Atlanta decides they didn't covet that player. Also no deal so you want to get your guy if its your team.

These deals are very hard to complete