• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Other than Bol, Clarke and Cam is the business 

I’m not a Bol guy but after getting Cam and Clarke I’d take a shot at Bol with the 17th pick. At that point I’d take a swing and a risk. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Big fan of Romeo. He improves his 3 and all of sudden were talking elite offense ability with solid defense.

Romeo was the first non-Zion that I locked in on.  For awhile, he was #3 on my board...  I still like him and although his stock has fallen, I don't believe he's going to drop as far as the mocks are projecting.  I'll be shocked if he's there at 17.

2 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would be okay with him at 17

IMO he's gone by 17. He had a torn thumb ligament in his right hand all season long. His jumper is going to return. Best finishing guard in the draft. Can get to the line at will.  Underrated athleticism. 3-level scoring potential. Elite on ball defensive potential.  If he is available at 17 Schlenk needs to run to the podium. I like him better than Hunter IMO.

• Like 1

My top 30: Will be updated this week before the draft:

Spoiler

After the NBA Combine rankings. 

Update: 5/31/2019

Tier 1: Superstar potential
1. Zion - Elite floor, Elite but NOT a HOF ceiling, fit will play a role if he becomes an superstar level player. As special as they come. Even if others may have potential, no one should pass up on him for any reason whatsoever. 

Tier 2: All Star potential

2t. R.J. Barrett - High floor, very high ceiling, could be one of the best players in the league in the right situation. Like this entire in this class, fit is important for Barrett long term. 

2t. Ja Morant - One of the best talents in this class but one has to seriously question his floor. A bad fit could limit his impact. Best to put him around shooters. Special PG talent.

Tier 3.5: Decent Role player potential with All Star possibilities down the road. I do see these guys as Day 1 contributors. 

4t. Reddish - Semi low floor, very high ceiling. System based player. 

4t. Brandon Clarke - Mid high floor, very high ceiling, I strongly believe he can be the next DeMarre Carroll with Shawn Marion level athleticism. System based player. Will need time to translate into a SF. 

4t. Darius Garland - Low mid floor, high ceiling.

4t. Bol - High floor and very high ceiling? System based player. Extremely bad flaws. Extremely good strengths. 

4t. Coby White - Semi-Mid floor and high ceiling, System based player

Tier 4: Decent Role player potential or raw with AS possibilities. Deep Tier 4 class. One of the best in years. Of course, some of these guys could return. 

9t. Jaxson Hayes - Low floor with high ceiling, Hayes has a blend of J. Noah, Capela and Robin Lopez in him. He is so far from ready to play, anyone who takes him will likely send him to the G-League for a season. System based player

9t. DeAndre Hunter - Very high floor with mid ceiling, you are looking at a Otto Porter Jr/Ron Artest type who can help you right away. He can fit any system to a degree and he fits the modern NBA. 4
9t. Romeo Langford - Low floor/High ceiling, low end All Star potential but he has a lot of work to do. Work ethic will be critical with this one. 

9t. Nassir Little – Big mover with Romeo, at the end of the day, even with a lower end floor, his ceiling I low end All Star and that matters. 

9t. Rui - Teams will underrate him but he is a critical piece to a PnR team looking for a high end PnR finisher who can switch. May never be a superstar but in the right fit, you got someone who can really play. High floor, high mid ceiling. System based player. – Rui moved up a level as he has shown me he is a legit prospect of the tier 4. 

9t. Mfiondu Kabengele - Low floor, mid high ceiling and not a system based player. He will generate a lot of attention in the mid 1st to late 1st range. To me, he is a prospect that you must look at due to his ability to fit the modern game. – Great workouts, moved up. 

9t. Goga Bitadze - Mid floor, mid high ceiling who is a system based player. The right team will have to draft him but in the right system, he could be more than valuable. – Great 2nd half of the season, moved up. 

9t. Jarrett Culver - mid high floor with a lower-mid ceiling who would be at his best in a PG based role. Jalen Rose type. – Move up as he is better than I previously stated, I still have my doubts. 

9t. Sekou - low floor with high ceiling who has tremendous smallball four potential. Not the next Siakam but he can be very good down the road. – Great 2nd half of the season, moved up.

18. Bruno Fernando - mid floor with mid potential who has play in numerous systems but could be very good in the right one. Good pickup in this range. 

19t. Tyler Herro - Low Floor, semi high ceiling with tremendous work ethic. Will need to adjust to the NBA game but has potential. 

19t. P.J. Washington - Mid Floor, Mid potential who has a projectable jumper. David West type. 

19t. Nickeil Alexander-Walker - mid floor with mid potential who can be a good role player for most teams in time. Gary Harris type

19t. Talen Horton-Tucker - Lower low floor with a semi high ceiling. His projectability is everything. Teams love him, moving on up.

19t. KZ Okpala - Low floor/High ceiling who is a system based player. System/culture/and fit will be critical. His ceiling is one of the highest in this class. 

24t. Keldon Johnson - mid floor with mid potential who is a system player. Needs to be protected. 

24t. Grant Williams - High floor/Low ceiling. High quality late 1st round pick, wouldn't risk taking him 20 or better. 

24t. Matisse Thybulle - Lower mid floor/Semi High ceiling. Has starting role player potential. 

24t. Nic Claxton - Low floor, Semi high ceiling. System versatility. Could be a big mover if he enters. His ceiling and skill-set is legit. 

24t. Luka Samanic – Low mid floor with high mid ceiling. Could be a rich man’s Niko Mirotic. 

29t. Jalen McDaniels- Teams have been high on his ceiling and role playing potential off the bench for awhile. He is a Swiss army knife and teams could see him as the big man's version of Terrance Ferguson. I can see him going in this range and his floor is higher than people think. 

29t. Gafford - More of a 2nd round floor. He does play the PnR well, move well and space and flash potential in space on defense. He is more inconsistent but his potential to be a two way player who can defend in space on defense and play in space on offense makes his NBA ceiling higher than most in this range. Teams will be higher on him after workouts. His ability to play in space on both ends will appeal to a lot of teams looking for a big who can protect others, especially on D in the switching parts of the game.

29t. Kevin Porter Jr. - Low floor/High ceiling with questionable work ethic and character. – I haven’t heard nothing to move him up higher. He is lucky he plays a need position where teams will overlook the weaknesses for the potential. 

29t. Cameron Johnson - Big mover, lower mid floor/semi high ceiling. More NBA ready than Final Four hero Justin Jackson. He is a clearly better NBA prospect to me. 

33t. Admiral Schofield - semi low floor/semi high ceiling - I see a lot of P.J. Tucker long term is Scho in flashes. I need to see more of Scho, Tennessee just hasn't been a team I've watched a lot of. This is could change the time the draft is here. 

33t. Ty Jerome - Not quite the shooter Shamet was but a better PG and a much better defender. But he doesn't have the positional versatility that Shamet had. Jerome really is a PG. Potential to be a low end starter in the NBA which is pretty good for a 2nd round grade. high floor/semi low ceiling. 

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Clarke isn't a lottery pick

😐 🤔🤯🤛💪🏾🏀

WHAT? The absolute latest he goes imo is the Celts at 14. He fits with them nicely but his best fit is with us or the Wolves 🐺 next to KAT as has been mentioned in many articles. If I’m KAT and he’s in the board at 11, I personally urge Glen Taylor to take this kid to cover for KAT’s miscues on D and allow him to dominate the O.

With us he could just be his ruckus causing self on the O boards and D anyone 1-5 right away. I think the outside threat of our starting backcourt would take pressure off him and give him opportunities on the O glass in particular, not to mention the lobs from Trae and Huerter to Clarke. It would be the highlight factory 🏭🏾 mo gen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddielives said:

I say Brandon Clarke will be a lottery pick and I'll gladly come here and say I was wrong and own it if he isn't.  Will the person/people saying he won't be a lottery pick do the same?

Oh Peo, no prolly not. He’s like Hotlanta he kinda says stuff and we just accept it I guess 😆. Clarke is a fan favorite starting day 1 and one of Trae’s besties. Kid is a freak. Trae’s passes are on point which makes Clarke an even bigger threat. Hoping Schlenk likes him as much as I do.

• Like 4