• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Free Agency

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

What would you like the Hawks to do?

Schlenk has said we likely won't be first say buyers, sit back and sign value FAs.

Meanwhlie....

NBA Power Rankings: Where All 30 Teams Rank as 2019 Free-Agent Destinations

9. Atlanta Hawks

Practical Cap Space: $49 million

Atlanta is in the early phases of a rebuild around Trae Young, Kevin Huerter and John Collins. Though they were unlucky to exit the lottery with the eighth and 10th picks, the Hawks are still asset-rich and patient enough to get the most out of what they've got.

Head coach Lloyd Pierce's reputation is growing, general manager Travis Schlenk has that Warriors pedigree, and Young's star is on the rise. There might be more pure talent in Sacramento, but the Hawks have what feels like more stable infrastructure. Playing in the East, where postseason trips are easier to come by, doesn't hurt either. The Hawks finished 2018-19 with 10 fewer wins than the Kings, but they were only three games further removed from a playoff spot. That's a lot of extra room for error.

Free agents should see Atlanta as an excellent buy-low opportunity—the kind of place where they could integrate themselves into something built to last.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2836270-nba-power-rankings-where-all-30-teams-rank-as-2019-free-agent-destinations#slide2

• Like 1

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would like some young vets who could help but not cost a lot that are still growing and can grow with the team.  Emphasis needs to be on D

This is a perfect summary of where my head is at.  Have your meeting with the big dogs knowing they aren't likely to go with you but you can at least get some intel and work some relationships.

• Like 1

Agree with both 🧢 and AHF! I think we wait a year, remain flexible, growth within what we are building with our home grown talent, then start the craziness in 2020 and beyond.

Ive asked this before but if you are a top talented anything besides a pg, how do you not want to play with Trae? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

I've read a couple Twitter posts (consider the source) and seen an article on Fansided, I think, that TS has said they only spend on the right player and saw a quote where he said he only has one established All Star on his target list.   With his GS background it makes me think maybe TS hopes Klay Thompson wants to pull a Beard and be the man on "HIS" team.   I have never felt that vibe from Thompson but i have little to base that opinion on.  

Assuming that,  big if, the above statements are true do other people think we will make a run a Klay or another Marquee?   Also, is Klay a true #1 max player without KD and Curry around to draw the most attention?

Ironically, KD coming here could be the best thing for his image (I don't think for a second this happens) but he got killed for joining a super team he couldn't beat.   If he came to a young talented lottery team and took them to the Finals or even won a title in ATL then he would forever bury the if you can't beat 'em join negative rep he got. In GS.

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Would it violate the CBA for us to offer Kawhi his own gentleman's club?

Could we name the GLeague team the College Park Kawhi's?

I think he could easily get a personal table at the Cheetah.  Maybe change the name from Cheetah Three to what ever jersey # he wanted to wear for the Hawks.   The Pink Kwahi has a decent ring to it too. Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Would it violate the CBA for us to offer Kawhi his own gentleman's club?

Could we name the GLeague team the College Park Kawhi's?

Kawhi is just beautiful. Bird and I are in heaven.

37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think he's a #1 either.

I think he could be. Harden wasn’t either, once upon a time. 

1 hour ago, hazer said:

I think he could be. Harden wasn’t either, once upon a time. 

Klay can't dribble.  Harden always could.  Klay is a spoon-fed kitten.  Harden, for all his faults, is a hungry lion.  Therein lies the difference, grasshopper.

Namaste

😌

If you can’t sign Kawhi, KD, Jimmy Butler, or Demarcus Cousins, sit this free agency out.

Oh except for backup PG. We could spend a little bit for a backup PG.

Now is the time to start adding talent and spending money. Eventually, these young guys will be up for extensions and that will hamstring us signing FAs in the future.

Swing for the fences and stop playing scared.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Klay can't dribble.  Harden always could.  Klay is a spoon-fed kitten.  Harden, for all his faults, is a hungry lion.  Therein lies the difference, grasshopper.

Namaste

😌

I like this. Stay patient and grow from within until 2020, then bustem in the mouth.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I'm practicing hate-yoga this week.  Can you tell?

I was gonna say I like it. Strength to yoga 🧘🏽‍♂️ or Tai chi. Keep you sh!t balanced bro. I dig. Plus this is the only way I can be one of 3 guys in a room filled with 30 gorgeous women. Ok 6 gorgeous women. Ok 3, space yourselves out evenly in the room people! 😊 Namaste kg!

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Klay is an underwhelming ball handler and creator. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Namaste

😌

On a team with a system where he hasn’t had to. 49-year-olds qualify as grasshoppers these days? I’ll take it 🤔

• Haha 1