• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I love all of you

NBASupes

While you guys were over at RealGM, I was lurking on the Hawks subreddit. It's an interesting place. The highlight was when they memed Deyonta Davis onto the team. They chose a random player (Deyonta), started making memes about him, and he was on the team a week later.

Anyway, glad to see we're up and running here. Many thanks to those who made it happen.

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What up Thomas!!!! We’re you on realgm! We missed your posts. Well I did. Kg called you an a-hole. 😆 I kid I kid he has a poster of you in his bedroom.

Really missed you and others as well guy. The RealGm thing somehow gave me the Mayfield vs Breyers ice cream feeling...missed the Squawk severely but was not ready to jump to Breyers... So I enjoyed the posts when I eventually found the site. Had a physical left turn so it took me a good while to find you all but anyway...glad our site is rolling again. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Really missed you and others as well guy. The RealGm thing somehow gave me the Breyers vs Mayfield ice cream feeling...missed the Squawk severely but was not ready to jump. So I enjoyed the posts when I eventually found the site. Had a physical left turn so it took me a good while to find you all but anyway...glad our site is rolling again. 

Hey Thomas. Glad to be back!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

As a survivor of rampant childhood abuse I can agree that hate gets you through everything.

You too huh? Well mine was more mental and emotional abuse but i think a lot of people from the 70’s and 80’s endured this from parents. Anyways, I think it comes out in some angry posts so I apologize in advance for that. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

You too huh? Well mine was more mental and emotional abuse but i think a lot of people from the 70’s and 80’s endured this from parents. Anyways, I think it comes out in some angry posts so I apologize in advance for that. 

That was part of my abuse as well. In many ways it is worse than physical because it leaves a lasting impact.

If you ever want to talk about it hit me up on here or on FB. Although I think you won't do FB if I remember right.

• Thanks 1

A different view here. Eighth grade was part of high school in the seventies in Atlanta. So here is a question. How many folks were 5'3" going into high school and 6'1" coming out. Crappy first two years but everything gets better with age, even a little bit of age. Memory of Junior and Senior years are pretty great. Parents were the usual for back then I guess but dealing with low IQ jerks that outweighed me by my own bodyweight was the bigger problem at 13-15. Thinking about that mess is making me feel really good with where I am at in life right now.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

For an example, when the Squawk was back up I made a thread there to let ppl know. It was deleted within a day if that long and I got a board violation warning. When I made other posts or other threads about the Squawk over the months they would get deleted.

To be fair, the link you posted in that thread was an incorrect and insecure link:  https://hawksquawk.ipbhost.com

That link led me to try to sign up for a new account with tons of errors and security issues. You're making jokes about drinking 12 yr old whisky in this thread...and on that evening, as is the case on EVERY evening, I was past my evening Scotch limit when you posted that and I began freaking out about the whole thing being bogus and felt like I was being hacked (because of the info I entered on that bogus sign up page that was the result of the incorrect link).

Sorry about saying it seemed like a scam because it now seems like it may have just been a mistake on your part for posting the wrong link. I mean, I'm not really sorry because I just blame the alcohol. Anyway...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

• Premium Member

It wasn't the wrong link. It was the temporary hosting site they had set up until they finished the transition. It worked fine for myself and other posters. I don't know why it didn't work for you but it was a legit link. I'd never try to scam people.

Punks like @JayBirdHawk and @Spud2nique and @kg01 made fun of me for years for not having a cellphone until my wife forced me to get one a couple years ago. I'm about as incapable of hacking someone as you can get.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

It wasn't the wrong link. It was the temporary hosting site they had set up until they finished the transition. It worked fine for myself and other posters. I don't know why it didn't work for you but it was a legit link. I'd never try to scam people.

Punks like @JayBirdHawk and @Spud2nique and @kg01 made fun of me for years for not having a cellphone until my wife forced me to get one a couple years ago. I'm about as incapable of hacking someone as you can get.

Very true.

I first logged on using the link you posted. So No scam at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

As I mentioned, I tried to sign up for a new account. There were several issues and nothing worked properly. I'm not going to argue about it, but it's a fact. The others didn't have any issues because they simply logged in with their normal HS usernames rather than try to sign up for a new account. Glad it's officially back.

Um, yeah, go ahead and try to sign up for a new account and get back to me. It's impossible. Here are some screenshots:

OlUNC3x.png

2yZ2S8Z.png

And even when it seemed like I finally got it to work, this came up:

e3DzoF7.png

Not to mention that each time it returns an error, it resets the 3 security questions to all the same question, so all of your answers are for the same question, not the 3 you chose originally. It goes on and on. It's IMPOSSIBLE to sign up for a new account.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Azodl said:

Um, yeah, go ahead and try to sign up for a new account and get back to me. It's impossible. Here are some screenshots:

OlUNC3x.png

2yZ2S8Z.png

And even when it seemed like I finally got it to work, this came up:

e3DzoF7.png

Not to mention that each time it returns an error, it resets the 3 security questions to all the same question, so all of your answers are for the same question, not the 3 you chose originally. It goes on and on. It's IMPOSSIBLE to sign up for a new account.

Soth explained.....

It was the temporary hosting site they had set up until they finished the transition. 

So maybe that link didn't allow new acoounts, just access to old ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soth explained.....

So maybe that link didn't allow new acoounts, just access to old ones.

I just tried it again..was my point. Why hasn't a single new member signed up for over a year? It's happening right now...on the correct link.

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

That was part of my abuse as well. In many ways it is worse than physical because it leaves a lasting impact.

If you ever want to talk about it hit me up on here or on FB. Although I think you won't do FB if I remember right.

Thanks Soth! Same with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

A different view here. Eighth grade was part of high school in the seventies in Atlanta. So here is a question. How many folks were 5'3" going into high school and 6'1" coming out. Crappy first two years but everything gets better with age, even a little bit of age. Memory of Junior and Senior years are pretty great. Parents were the usual for back then I guess but dealing with low IQ jerks that outweighed me by my own bodyweight was the bigger problem at 13-15. Thinking about that mess is making me feel really good with where I am at in life right now.  

Ah man I’m sorry that crap happened. Stronger because of it now though. I always remember the line Robert Dinero says in the movie sleepers when the kid is going to jail.

He says something along the lines of:

Don’t let them make you think you’re tougher than you are. 

Deep line there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

I started 9th grade at 4'11" and finished high school at 6'.   I was by far the shortest kid in the whole school.  Luckily I knew most everyone so I can't say it was that bad for me but definitely learned to be quick witted.  I've since lost that....

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I started 9th grade at 4'11" and finished high school at 6'.   I was by far the shortest kid in the whole school.  Luckily I knew most everyone so I can't say it was that bad for me but definitely learned to be quick witted.  I've since lost that....

No Mac you have it in you. Here, I’ll put it on a T for you. Who won the Kyrie trade? Go! 😉 

• Like 1

• Admin

Yes the site had not fully resolved to Hawksquawk before the announcement went out but you can’t blame Soth for the temp URL announcement ... it was just exciting to have our forum back!!  I would have done the same thing if I wasn’t so stubborn about not going to RealGM.  

We wanted to get u peeps back so we could start talking Hawks again!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Yes the site had not fully resolved to Hawksquawk before the announcement went out but you can’t blame Soth for the temp URL announcement ... it was just exciting to have our forum back!!  I would have done the same thing if I wasn’t so stubborn about not going to RealGM.  

We wanted to get u peeps back so we could start talking Hawks again!

Enough. Maybe any minute now, Sothron or whoever is pulling the strings here, will admit that the site is f**ked and no one can sign up as a new user and this was the issue that night and still remains an issue. Just look at the main page...where it says spank2 was the last official new member over a year ago. Any minute now...