There was a discusion on Real GM about free agents

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

No wonder you were claiming San Antonio had no stars when he was Finals MVP!  😁

Lord have mercy.  Andre Igodala was a finals MVP too but that doesn't make him an All NBA player.

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I did not know that Kawhi Leonard was this good!  Give me Kawhi over Durant by a mile!

Now you understand my years-long obsession with bringing him to the ATL? The PERFECT player for the Hawks. Broken record over here. 

• Like 1

Watching Leonard jack up shots like the 2nd coming if Kobe, post Shaq, did make it real clear why he was on the outs with the Spurs culture.   Pop would never had allowed the way he has played this post season.  He has balled out though.   I can maybe see him turning down Supermax money to go home to LA, but i don't think he will even speak to the Hawks.  Next year i think we are players with tier one FA though.  Especially, if TS has a another draft like the last two.

9 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Leonard should be the MVP...This dude is carrying this team on his back big time!  The exact opposite of a bad team all star!  Simply amazing!

Shame on you for failing to recognize elite when it's right in front-a you.  Shame, Peo.  Shame.  Shame.  Shame ....

Seriously though, that dude is freaking amazing.  He's scary out there.  And, to top it off, he's doing all this while clearly injured.

My guy Frank Isola went off on the Bucks this morning.  Said STTE, "Budenholzer needs to write on the whiteboard ... IF YOU HAVE KAWHI ON YOU ... JUST PASS!!  Don't try to do ... anything .. JUST PASS!

If I see Middleton or any of these other guys tryna take him to the hole only to get stripped and blocked, it's gonna drive me crazy!  He's better than you.  His arms are 10 feet long and he has the biggest hands that anyone has ever seen!  You can't do anything to get by him.  Just pass!"

It was hilarious.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:.

Yep me and Spud have been drooling over Kawhi for a long time!.

I know why I'm drooling, not sure about Spudlus though 😎

Please.  Ya'll are both drooling for the same reason(s).  Haha

My guy Isola went on to say to Brook Lopez, "Look at me ... I'm not that tall, right?  Well I'm taller than you right now!  Stop playing like you're 5'8"!!  Go get a rebound!"

Haha

Kidding aside (see what i did there?), Buttz has been molasses slow to react.  TOR isn't doing much fancy.  Just choking off Giannis and they keep running him out there to go 1-on-5.  Can we get an adjustment, Buttz?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:.

Yep me and Spud have been drooling over Kawhi for a long time!.

I know why I'm drooling, not sure about Spudlus though 😎

Hes got a tight body... 😐 I mean he plays hard and well..

He’s our Austin Powers. Women want him and men want to be him. 😍

It’s been Kawhi since I saw the kid at San Diego State baby! 

I only have a few non Hawks jerseys throughout the years but if the Raps make the finals and beat the scrubs would it be crazy for me to get a throwback Raps 90’s jersey of Kawhi? 

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Lord have mercy.  Andre Igodala was a finals MVP too but that doesn't make him an All NBA player.

The fact that you'd lump them together makes me wonder if you have actually seen the light.  Kawhi is an All-NBA talent who was breaking out (already All-NBA D at that time).  You even had the benefit of hindsight when you claimed the Spurs (Duncan, Leonard, Parker, Manu) didn't have real championship talent (despite this being their 4th title).

Leonard is a great two-way player.  The only drawback on him is whatever craziness was going on with him last season.

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So who is the 'Kawhi' in this draft? We need one.

I'm hoping this isn't a 2015 type of draft with the obvious KAT/Zion at 1 and then not much (other than injured Porzingis).

Kawhi , in these playoffs, has been  the most "Jordan like" performance  that i have seen in a long time.

He's making the guy that took him in last year's dynasty draft look like a frickin genius. 😉

• Premium Member

If Dedmon signs elsewhere, which of these young FA Cs would you prefer? What would be your contract offer?

Thomas Bryant
Christian Wood
Kevon Looney

(You can add Willie Cauley-Stein to the list if you like, but I'm not a fan).

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If Dedmon signs elsewhere, which of these young FA Cs would you prefer? What would be your contract offer?

Thomas Bryant
Christian Wood
Kevon Looney

(You can add Willie Cauley-Stein to the list if you like, but I'm not a fan).

Wood then Bryant for me.  I think Wood has a lot to work with and seemed to be a willing defender more than Bryant.

Looney's only a C for GSt, imo.  WCS gonna be too expensive.  May not fit what we need anyways.

• Like 1