• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Las Vegas Summer League Thread

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Two? I guess you mean Damian Jones is one? I could see Bruno and Damian Jones playing in the D-League this year. Unless you see Alex Len logging in 48 minutes at Center this year, we need a center in the worst way.

Jones ain't that bad. 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, MY BIL gonna be sick when he finds out no Westbrook to MIA.  Haha

Guess I'll have to tell him.  Hahaha

Eta:  Is this the wildest off season or what?

Lay it on him softly...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Haha, Heat fan BIL won't return my texts.  In mourning.

Gonna be funny seeing Rockets fans, who've been HATING on Westbrook the last 3 years, all of a sudden have to root for him.

One of my besties 👯 is a 🚀 fan. I congratulated him... been ridin with him over warrior friend fans for about 5 years now. 😂 

Your BIL got screwed. Just Jimmy! That ain’t nuff doh! I don’t wanna hear about Windsblow or Tragic or Bam 💥..ok Bam a bit and Tyler Herro looks aight...

Ride that treadmill while enjoying those cruise 🚢 paid for by Mickey there Pat! Pat’s smart. He earned titles ( $) in LA in the 80’s then he earned (power) in NY and now he’s getting women in Miami and prolly using that leftover ..oh oh I couldnt

make a deal 🤝 because they wanted Herro... please. I’m not buying it and you shouldn’t be selling it Pat. 

Another disapointing game from Bruno, defensive stats are encouraging,4 stks, 3 blocks but lack of rebounding, bad shooting, lack of involvement on offense is very concerning. Gafford with another big game, Kabengele too, Robert and Grant Williams... I hope Bruno can at least find his rebounding soon, at least he was able to control his foula today...

He is really far from contributing, Spellman did better last year on SL.... Assuming Len and Damian Jones are going to miss a significant amount of games we really need to sign another Center or we most likely will be in trouble this season. 

Waive Adams, keep Charlie Brown. Stash him and Bruno in the g-league for most or all of the season. Sign Joakim Noah. He's injury prone but he at least provdes rim protection and rebounding off the bench. He's the best center available imo, the center market is pretty dry now. Not really seeing any serviceable bigs aside from Noah.

Edited by Marvin24Williams

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Another disapointing game from Bruno, defensive stats are encouraging,4 stks, 3 blocks but lack of rebounding, bad shooting, lack of involvement on offense is very concerning. Gafford with another big game, Kabengele too, Robert and Grant Williams... I hope Bruno can at least find his rebounding soon, at least he was able to control his foula today...

He is really far from contributing, Spellman did better last year on SL.... Assuming Len and Damian Jones are going to miss a significant amount of games we really need to sign another Center or we most likely will be in trouble this season. 

I told so many Hawk fans Bruno needs time. He came from a system built around him with an extremely slow pace and without a ton of NBA actions. It was always going to take time for Bruno on the offensive end. For him it's his potential that shines. PDS, good defensive potential, rebounds will come once he adjust to the game speed. I wouldn't put rebounds on him too much, he was guarding 4s as Ward had to guard 5s.

We have to remember, Gafford is playing with White and Kabs readiness for his style of play was always higher on the floor than Bruno. Teams like Maryland and UVA create smart instinctive players and in Maryland's case PDS as well but they play so much different to the NBA, it takes them time to adjust. Gafford is playing the same role he played at Arkansas. Kabs is playing the same role he played at FSU. 

Spellman came from an extremely translatable team Nova to the Hawks. His floor was a 6.5. He was already suited for the NBA style. Just give him time. I strongly believe Kevin would have did the same in SL. It took Kevin till December to really figure it out. Just a different style of play 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I told so many Hawk fans Bruno needs time. He came from a system built around him with an extremely slow pace and without a ton of NBA actions. It was always going to take time for Bruno on the offensive end. For him it's his potential that shines. PDS, good defensive potential, rebounds will come once he adjust to the game speed. I wouldn't put rebounds on him too much, he was guarding 4s as Ward had to guard 5s.

We have to remember, Gafford is playing with White and Kabs readiness for his style of play was always higher on the floor than Bruno. Teams like Maryland and UVA create smart instinctive players and in Maryland's case PDS as well but they play so much different to the NBA, it takes them time to adjust. Gafford is playing the same role he played at Arkansas. Kabs is playing the same role he played at FSU. 

Spellman came from an extremely translatable team Nova to the Hawks. His floor was a 6.5. He was already suited for the NBA style. Just give him time. I strongly believe Kevin would have did the same in SL. It took Kevin till December to really figure it out. Just a different style of play 

I agree. As of right now... Bruno would look better in a slow paced game with a PG that can feed his raw offensive game in the correct way.

Haha, anybody see Grayson Allen get ejected from a SL game by committing two flagrants within 10 seconds of each other?

Where's all the folks that said Trae was being sensitive when he went at Allen last year?  Where's all the folks that said he was being unfairly targeted while he was at Duke?  This clown needs help.

Although the flagrants he had weren't dangerous, just were dumb-arse plays, he's eventually gonna hurt somebody.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

One of my besties 👯 is a 🚀 fan. I congratulated him... been ridin with him over warrior friend fans for about 5 years now. 😂 

Your BIL got screwed. Just Jimmy! That ain’t nuff doh! I don’t wanna hear about Windsblow or Tragic or Bam 💥..ok Bam a bit and Tyler Herro looks aight...

Ride that treadmill while enjoying those cruise 🚢 paid for by Mickey there Pat! Pat’s smart. He earned titles ( $) in LA in the 80’s then he earned (power) in NY and now he’s getting women in Miami and prolly using that leftover ..oh oh I couldnt

make a deal 🤝 because they wanted Herro... please. I’m not buying it and you shouldn’t be selling it Pat. 

One of your "besties"?  Ok, Ms. spud2.  Hehe

My BIL is mad at me because I broke the news that not only have they missed out on Westbrook but they're likely the frontrunners to land Paul via subsequent trade.

Ha

• Haha 1