• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2019 Las Vegas Summer League Thread

JayBirdHawk

5 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Another disapointing game from Bruno, defensive stats are encouraging,4 stks, 3 blocks but lack of rebounding, bad shooting, lack of involvement on offense is very concerning. Gafford with another big game, Kabengele too, Robert and Grant Williams... I hope Bruno can at least find his rebounding soon, at least he was able to control his foula today...

He is really far from contributing, Spellman did better last year on SL.... Assuming Len and Damian Jones are going to miss a significant amount of games we really need to sign another Center or we most likely will be in trouble this season. 

Do think he would benefit from playing with an actual point guard though 

• Like 1

Why are y'all so high on McCall?  Seems like he's just active.  But active in a 'chicken head cut off' way.  Just flailing around all over the place.  I mean, I like that he's active, but he seems just as likely to make an effort play as he is to fall into one of our own guy's knee(s) and ankle(s).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why are y'all so high on McCall?  Seems like he's just active.  But active in a 'chicken head cut off' way.  Just flailing around all over the place.  I mean, I like that he's active, but he seems just as likely to make an effort play as he is to fall into one of our own guy's knee(s) and ankle(s).

Active is something you can't teach. Either you want it or you don't. He seems to want it

2 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Active is something you can't teach. Either you want it or you don't. He seems to want it

You can find a thousand dudes who aren't that talented but 'want it'.

The trick is finding a guy with a good talent base but who also 'wants it' on top of that.  McCall ain't that.  He looks like a fan got onto the court.

The broadcast made a good point on him.  Said stte, that he's not auditioning for the Hawks and maybe not even for the NBA.  He's auditioning to get somebody's attention so he can make money playing basketball, be it overseas or otherwise.  I wish him well in that regard but it seems clear he's not an NBA player.

hace 25 minutos, GrimeyKidd dijo:

Do think he would benefit from playing with an actual point guard though 

A PG will not solve his post defense, his fouls and his rebounding, guy looks too lost out there.

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

A PG will not solve his post defense, his fouls and his rebounding, guy looks too lost out there.

Im not expecting some 2nd round guy to come in being a world beater. Im actually concerned with our lack of depth there

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You can find a thousand dudes who aren't that talented but 'want it'.

The trick is finding a guy with a good talent base but who also 'wants it' on top of that.  McCall ain't that.  He looks like a fan got onto the court.

The broadcast made a good point on him.  Said stte, that he's not auditioning for the Hawks and maybe not even for the NBA.  He's auditioning to get somebody's attention so he can make money playing basketball, be it overseas or otherwise.  I wish him well in that regard but it seems clear he's not an NBA player.

I wouldn't mind giving him a two-way. To me its either him or Mooney if we are choosing solely on the SL roster 

29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

One of your "besties"?  Ok, Ms. spud2.  Hehe

My BIL is mad at me because I broke the news that not only have they missed out on Westbrook but they're likely the frontrunners to land Paul via subsequent trade.

Ha

I’m tryin to F you with ur bestie?... No?....Ric Flair drip 💧..no? (For the record, no girl has come up and asked to F us together... yet..)..

Anyhoo,

I was genuinely happy for my Rockets 🚀 friend yesterday and congratulated him on acquiring another superstar to pair up with Harden. I even said you guys traded for 3 superstars in the last 20 years (Tmac, Harden Westbrook).  

Then this morning he texts me verbatim:

Don’t be mad 

2020 Draft. An under the radar loser here, Atlanta, who owns the 2022 OKC first round pick (top 14 protected). The Thunder are starting a deep rebuild. If the pick falls in the lottery, the Hawks get 2 second rounders instead.

UMMMMMM WHAT THE! SERIOUSLY 😒... 😡 

You try to be nice to people and they just won’t have it will they?

20 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I wouldn't mind giving him a two-way. To me its either him or Mooney if we are choosing solely on the SL roster 

Nah, I wouldn't waste a 2way on McCall.  That's a guy you can find at any time.  Mooney I like more than Adams so I can see that one.

53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, anybody see Grayson Allen get ejected from a SL game by committing two flagrants within 10 seconds of each other?

Where's all the folks that said Trae was being sensitive when he went at Allen last year?  Where's all the folks that said he was being unfairly targeted while he was at Duke?  This clown needs help.

Although the flagrants he had weren't dangerous, just were dumb-arse plays, he's eventually gonna hurt somebody.

What the... again? Grayson trips people due to lack of speed, talent and ability. That’s all...lol.

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m tryin to F you with ur bestie?... No?....Ric Flair drip 💧..no? (For the record, no girl has come up and asked to F us together... yet..)..

Ummmm, 

nvrmnd.gif

And just punch your Rockets guy in the stomach next time you sees him.  He knows he deserves it.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Offensively he is like that but defensively, he was out of position three times and made the wrong decison once. Outside of that, he was superior defensively to anyone in our organization. Hawks/G-League, Talon, etc? It's not even close. His defensive discipline is next level. He cover ground. He has tremendous instincts and he has a tremendous defensive mindset.

Offensively, he is a tad like a young Bazemore but 1-2 instead of 2-3. I love McCall 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ummmm, 

nvrmnd.gif

And just punch your Rockets guy in the stomach next time you sees him.  He knows he deserves it.

🤣 riiiight??? 

Look, I know our OKC pick won’t convert, you know it won’t convert...

So why text me that? 

No...no gut punch 🤛 

Next time we work out 🏋🏿‍♀️ and we on the 4th set I’m gonna forget to spot him....then when he drops the weight on his chest y’all:

WHOSE PICK WONT CONVERT NAAAAAAWW BYATCH! 😐 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

His rebounding wasn't that bad to me. His post defense and his athleticism isn't up to snuff though. I agree.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, I wouldn't waste a 2way on McCall.  That's a guy you can find at any time.  Mooney I like more than Adams so I can see that one.

McCall physical appearance is like Troy Hudson. Troy was an offensive dude though and McCall is defense. I guess just the way they moved reminded me of each other a bit. I wouldn’t want to waste a spot on McCall.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

McCall physical appearance is like Troy Hudson. Troy was an offensive dude though and McCall is defense. I guess just the way they moved reminded me of each other a bit. I wouldn’t want to waste a spot on McCall.

That's one hell of a physical comparison. Love it. I would love McCall. Hell, I loved T. Hud offensively as well. Good off the bench piece for his era

Edited by NBASupes
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Meh.  I just haven't been impressed by the guy on either end.  Completely replaceable guy imho.

I think if you took any rando YMCA baller, put him in a uni, and said "Here dude, this is your shot."  He'd basically look just like McCall.  Teetering on the edge of hurting himself and everybody else out there, including refs and fans.

"Oh but ya gotta love that fire, right?"  Yeah until he careens into somebody's knee and bends it in 8 different ways it's not supposed to go.  Then all that hustle ain't that cute.  A guy like McCall is the reason guys like Heurt and others can't play SL even though it could benefit them to get some run.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Meh.  I just haven't been impressed by the guy on either end.  Completely replaceable guy imho.

I think if you took any rando YMCA baller, put him in a uni, and said "Here dude, this is your shot."  He'd basically look just like McCall.  Teetering on the edge of hurting himself and everybody else out there, including refs and fans.

"Oh but ya gotta love that fire, right?"  Yeah until he careens into somebody's knee and bends it in 8 different ways it's not supposed to go.  Then all that hustle ain't that cute.  A guy like McCall is the reason guys like Heurt and others can't play SL even though it could benefit them to get some run.

Well we don’t need a Zaza Kawhi thing in practice and I agree that doesn’t fit the bill of an NBA prototype guy. They kept trying to compare him to Tony Allen. Tony Allen was a badass. That was a bad comparison. I think it was prolly Fran Fraschilla...then Fran kept comparing Hachimura to Kawhi. I mean he held back a bit everytime but damn let the kid play a regular season game before comparing him to the finals MVP. 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We aren't watching the same guy. You sure you watching McCall or Sibert?