• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

On the eve of the finals

Spud2nique

21 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The Warriors cannot run a set offense because they have 3 none scorers in their starting lineup without Durant.  They just depend on a bunch of iso 3 point shots to score.  Cousin is a terrible defender.  Iggy just can't score anymore.    Dramond  passes up shot after shot.  His outside shot is just too suspect.  Curry is a suspect ball handler.  It just looks ugly.

Cousins is also hurt too.

Hate them or not, the Warriors are still the most entertaining team to watch in the league.

If they come back to win this series, with no Durant and key people less than 100%, it'll solidify their spot as one of the greatest teams in NBA history.  And while I kind of want to see Toronto win the series, I'm definitely hoping this goes 7 games.

19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I wouldn't go that far...Too much hero ball for my taste!

Thing is, most of the iconic shots in NBA history are "hero ball" type shots. One of the main things that makes the Warriors entertaining, is that they have guys who can consistently make "hero ball" shots.  

What teams are more entertaining than the Warriors?

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Thing is, most of the iconic shots in NBA history are "hero ball" type shots. One of the main things that makes the Warriors entertaining, is that they have guys who can consistently make "hero ball" shots.  

What teams are more entertaining than the Warriors?

The Hawks

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks

There's nothing entertaining about losing.  No other fan base in the league would even remotely consider the Hawks to be "entertaining".

As great as this game was, it absolutely sucked that we lost, after all of that.

We may play an exciting brand of basketball ( specifically when Trae and the others are making their 3s ).  That's as far as I can go.   

Winning = entertaining  . . . IMO

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

There's nothing entertaining about losing.  No other fan base in the league would even remotely consider the Hawks to be "entertaining".

As great as this game was, it absolutely sucked that we lost, after all of that.

We may play an exciting brand of basketball ( specifically when Trae and the others are making their 3s ).  That's as far as I can go.   

Winning = entertaining  . . . IMO

You sound like KB21 LOL!  In the beginning it was not great but later in the season it was. That Bulls game was fun to watch despite a loss

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

You sound like KB21 LOL!  In the beginning it was not great but later in the season it was. That Bulls game was fun to watch despite a loss

I'm just saying.

We all loved the progression that the Hawks made at the end of the season.  But when you're paying $35 - $200 for a ticket, and the team plays good offensively but loses, it leaves a sour taste in your mouth.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

So someone got dethroned tonight. Guess who got  MVP.

Ok that was just great! If anyone knows me they know that moment when the Raptors beat the scrubs was a nirvana/surreal/serenity type of moment for me. I’ve been waiting for this for a few years. One weird thing happened though, I thought I’d be more hateful when they lost. I think these last 5 years of Warriors making it to the finals was making me an a$$. The moment, I kid you not, the moment that buzzer sounded, I became a new person. If you believe in miracles or moments in life when you get that vibe of becoming yourself and realizing who you were pre Warriors sets in, I tell ya it’s a thing of beauty. 

Ps Maybe the Raptors fans with their anti trash talking and showing class got to me, positivity came back into my blood stream as soon as the devil 👿 went away.

Pps Sorry about the deep post but I had to share. ✌️ 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok that was just great! If anyone knows me they know that moment when the Raptors beat the scrubs was a nirvana/surreal/serenity type of moment for me. I’ve been waiting for this for a few years. One weird thing happened though, I thought I’d be more hateful when they lost. I think these last 5 years of Warriors making it to the finals was making me an a$$. The moment, I kid you not, the moment that buzzer sounded, I became a new person. If you believe in miracles or moments in life when you get that vibe of becoming yourself and realizing who you were pre Warriors sets in, I tell ya it’s a thing of beauty. 

Ps Maybe the Raptors fans with their anti trash talking and showing class got to me, positivity came back into my blood stream as soon as the devil 👿 went away.

Pps Sorry about the deep post but I had to share. ✌️ 

Da fuq?  All your time exiled over in my winter chalet and you never took a gander over to other teams' boards?  Raps fans are probably tied for the largest fanbase on the "other side" and I'll exaggerate that 90% of them are banned from posting outside of their team board.  They are usually fun with their self-deprecating humor and histrionics but whenever they have good team?  Ohhhh boy do they swarm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Da fuq?  All your time exiled over in my winter chalet and you never took a gander over to other teams' boards?  Raps fans are probably tied for the largest fanbase on the "other side" and I'll exaggerate that 90% of them are banned from posting outside of their team board.  They are usually fun with their self-deprecating humor and histrionics but whenever they have good team?  Ohhhh boy do they swarm.

On boards, ya your right. I guess I was listening to some callers that called in nba radio after the game. They seem to be classy but I guess if they weren’t then they call wouldn’t air. 😊 

• Like 1

Man did I effin’ love that! Eff the mega teams. Best player in the NBA and my favorite carried a team on his shoulders and got his due. Balance has returned to the universe and hopefully back to the NBA, which needs 1-2 star teams again to spread the wealth around and nix this ganging up crap. Man up and carry a team. Happy for Kawhi, happy for Gasol, happy for me! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

On boards, ya your right. I guess I was listening to some callers that called in nba radio after the game. They seem to be classy but I guess if they weren’t then they call wouldn’t air. 😊 

Yeah ma$e is right.  TOR fans are awful.  Even the ones that call into NBARadio are usually whining about something dumb.

I'm so glad the DynastyBreaker did his thang.  I love that dude.

And is anybody gonna call sCurry out for playing poorly these last 2 games, especially when they needed him most?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

And is anybody gonna call sCurry out for playing poorly these last 2 games, especially when they needed him most?

One missed clutch three for a three point shooting team sure can cause a whole lot of anguish.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

One missed clutch three for a three point shooting team sure can cause a whole lot of anguish.

KD missing the year, Klay missing a chunk of the season, key bench guys likely leaving, and Cousins probably signing elsewhere will cause a lot of anguish for that team.

It's conceivable that they could miss the playoffs next year.

• Like 1