• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

On the eve of the finals

Spud2nique

I’d imagine that after watching 3 players who suffered leg injuries come back and suffer worse leg injuries (Cousins’ was less severe than the previous but a torn quad is a torn quad); that the Warriors will be extra cautious in the upcoming season about rushing guys back (should they re-sign them).

So extreme caution, long rehabs, being capped out, lack of depth further impacted by the possible retirements of Iggy and Livingston, minimal draft capital...yea, the Warriors missing the playoffs isn’t a long shot. 

Side note:

didn’t Schlenk lure away the Dubs’ lead trainer last offseason?  If so, Masai should send him a championship ring.  Clearly her talents were missed. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

That was awesome.  When I saw Mark Davis officiating i thought the fix was on for a game 7 but W's just didn't have enough in the tank.  

Man I got tired of hearing how hard it was with all the injuries they were dealing with.  Come on.  most stacked team in the NBA and going to constantly talk about injuries.  

Anyway,  Kawhi showed who the real MVP is.  Lowry and the rest were clutch.  Well except for Danny Green.  

• Moderators

With Toronto would have beaten a healthy Warriors team.  This one will always carry a bit of a footnote for all the major injuries that impacted the series.  Toronto played well throughout the series so I don't take anything away from them but there will always be a big "what if" about those injuries.  I don't think I've ever seen 3 star players suffer major injuries like that in a single series.

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, AHF said:

With Toronto would have beaten a healthy Warriors team.  This one will always carry a bit of a footnote for all the major injuries that impacted the series.  Toronto played well throughout the series so I don't take anything away from them but there will always be a big "what if" about those injuries.  I don't think I've ever seen 3 star players suffer major injuries like that in a single series.

Which third star are you talking about?

Remember one of the Warriors championships is over a Cavs team missing Love and Kyrie for the whole series.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Which third star are you talking about?

Remember one of the Warriors championships is over a Cavs team missing Love and Kyrie for the whole series.

Durant

Cousins

Thompson

Argue about Cousins if you'd like and I won't disagree that he has been a role player for them this season but he still averaged 23 and 12 per 36 in the regular season.  He is a stud talent who we all knew would have a rough year recovering from injury but tearing his quad and having to play through that clearly limited him even further in the finals.  

Technically, I should correct the record to say he did't really suffer the injury in the series (did it against the Clips) so much as suffer from it during the series.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

KD missing the year, Klay missing a chunk of the season, key bench guys likely leaving, and Cousins probably signing elsewhere will cause a lot of anguish for that team.

It's conceivable that they could miss the playoffs next year.

Draymond says they aren’t done 😐 

...ohkay

ps Did anyone else notice why Klay went into The locker room and came about skipping and jumping. He saw Victor Conte back there and got a quick shot of roids. People can choose to ignore this, but living in the Bay Area, the sports teams have been doing roids and sports “enhancing” medicine for a while.

McGwire

Bonds

Lincecum

Tejada (Miggy)

Curry

Draymond

Klay

Durant

and many more. But after all the wear n year, even steroids couldn’t hold Klay up this time.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Draymond says they aren’t done 😐 

...ohkay

ps Did anyone else notice why Klay went into The locker room and came about skipping and jumping. He saw Victor Conte back there and got a quick shot of roids. People can choose to ignore this, but living in the Bay Area, the sports teams have been doing roids and sports “enhancing” medicine for a while.

McGwire

Bonds

Lincecum

Tejada (Miggy)

Curry

Draymond

Klay

Durant

and many more. But after all the wear n year, even steroids couldn’t hold Klay up this time.

Yeah man. I understand your dislike of the warriors, but please stop with the baseless allegations about these players and steroids.  You don't need steroids to shoot the way Klay shoots.  I'm referring to the basketball players only.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Yeah man. I understand your dislike of the warriors, but please stop with the baseless allegations about these players and steroids.  You don't need steroids to shoot the way Klay shoots.  I'm referring to the basketball players only.

My dislike of the Warriors is a separate issue. People who say that steroids aren’t for basketball players and that it only helps with football and other such sports and only blinding themselves to the truth. Klay’s entire body gave out last night because of too much “medical attention” aka illegal steroids given to it in preparation of last night’s game and the wear n year over the last 5+ years. 

If you want to ignore it and come up with reasons as to how that’s not true, that’s on you bro.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

My dislike of the Warriors is a separate issue. People who say that steroids aren’t for basketball players and that it only helps with football and other such sports and only blinding themselves to the truth. Klay’s entire body gave out last night because of too much “medical attention” aka illegal steroids given to it in preparation of last night’s game and the wear n year over the last 5+ years. 

If you want to ignore it and come up with reasons as to how that’s not true, that’s on you bro.

Cool beans.  So by that logic, since we have the head trainer from the Warriors on our staff and Trae wasn't expected to hold up the entire season but played 81 games and got better as the season went on, he must be on the juice too! 

Gotcha!

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Also, congrats to the Raptors.  Kwhai was the real MVP.   I still like the Warriors.  I can't understand how Hawks fan couldn't like the Warriors.  They stopped the terror that was LBJ, who swept us constantly in the playoffs. 

So you were a closet Warrior fan this whole time? Hmm 🤔 I never would have figured. Congrats for at least keeping that $hit on the low.

Agree this was about the RAPTORS title!

Talking about the Warriors now is as Jerry West so eloquently puts it, crying over:

SPILLED MILK 🥛 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

So you were a closet Warrior fan this whole time? Hmm 🤔 I never would have figured. Congrats for at least keeping that $hit on the low.

Agree this was about the RAPTORS title!

Talking about the Warriors now is as Jerry West so eloquently puts it, crying over:

SPILLED MILK 🥛 

I admitted as much in the beginning of the thread.  I liked their style and stopping LBJ who i dispised as a basketball player, not as a man.  The things he does outside of the court are amazing.

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Cool beans.  So by that logic, since we have the head trainer from the Warriors on our staff and Trae wasn't expected to hold up the entire season but played 81 games and got better as the season went on, he must be on the juice too! 

Gotcha!

Well, the Bay Area is the hub so probably not. But I understand how you might be hurt right now being a Warrior fan and all so I’ll choose to leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Well, the Bay Area is the hub so probably not. But I understand how you might be hurt right now being a Warrior fan and all so I’ll choose to leave it at that.

Lol. Not hurt at all.  I'm a Hawks fan through and through, just liked the Warriors, for beating LBJ. I was actually rooting for the Raptors and Kwhai because I like him a lot. 

I also just don't like internet allegations that don't have any proof.  It just annoys me because that's the society we live in. You could have said the steroids stuff about Lebron James and I would have said the same thing.   Nothing to do with the Warriors. I just hate all these allegations that fly around with no proof. 

• Premium Member

KD and Klay out the year rehabbing, Curry, Cousins, Dray will be on load management - I see mo playoffs in the tough west so GSW tank the season, get a high pick and be back at it for the 2020 season.

I will say, it was incredibly easy for me to root for the Warriors when it was just their original trio of Steph, Klay, and Dray out there.  That was the organic core before the KD cheat code, I wanted that game 7, I don't know a ball fan that wouldn't root for that.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Lol. Not hurt at all.  I'm a Hawks fan through and through, just liked the Warriors, for beating LBJ. I was actually rooting for the Raptors and Kwhai because I like him a lot. 

I also just don't like internet allegations that don't have any proof.  It just annoys me because that's the society we live in. You could have said the steroids stuff about Lebron James and I would have said the same thing.   Nothing to do with the Warriors. I just hate all these allegations that fly around with no proof. 

I feel ya. I totally get it and I’m with you on that. It’s just when overwhelming evidence points to why players are getting injured and making miraculous comebacks and then getting reinjured, it just points to a bigger issue. I think Lebron pumps himself full of stuff from day 1 as well he’s not exempt in my book in any way either. I just think it’s sad when one player like a Lebron gets grilled because of his better muscular genes 🧬 as compared to a Curry or KD where you wouldn’t necessarily be able to call them out based on their body prototype.

Agree 100% with the internet BS though. Again, obviously I don’t have concrete evidence and nothing will probably be proven and even if it did it’s much further down the road whennobody would care anymore anyways.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

KD and Klay out the year rehabbing, Curry, Cousins, Dray will be on load management - I see mo playoffs in the tough west so GSW tank the season, get a high pick and be back at it for the 2020 season.

They will get a pick from 12-17 imo. It’s high but it’s not going to be team shifting to another status high. They are going to be in a weird rebuild or retool for a minute.

• Moderators

I want to see the Warriors before ruling them out for the playoffs.  Remember that with them out of the picture it only took 40 wins to make the playoffs in the West this season.  

That said, they are at risk for losing several players to FA and others to entire rehab seasons so a lost season is not hard to foresee.

They may want to even lean into it ala the Spurs and tank the season and hope to get lucky in the lottery.  How terrible would it be to see them get lucky and land a top pick under the new lottery odds?  :banned:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I will say, it was incredibly easy for me to root for the Warriors when it was just their original trio of Steph, Klay, and Dray out there.  That was the organic core before the KD cheat code, I wanted that game 7, I don't know a ball fan that wouldn't root for that.

Organic is the way to go! That’s what I loved about the 80’s. If Isiah would have joined the Lakers in 87 or 88, I would have hated it then as well. 

Its like all the best kids in the playground want to be on the same team. It’s stupid. Pick captains and take turns. 

How bout this lineup:

Magic/Jordan/Dominique/K. Malone/Mark McNamara

aka a donut 🍩 

😆 yes sir!