• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae Young working out with Steve Nash 1 on 1

JTB

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 me too and I used like 3... 😂 

You get 3??? Dammit, I’d like to speak to the manager (you know the hairstyle) 👏🏼

16 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Do I know what you mean? Well yes. But I disagree a bit. I mean, you say you expect the media to formulate their opinions with 20 - 25 games left so that ignores the best 25% of Traes season and the worst 25% of Lukas. 

Seems pretty arbitrary to me. You could just as easily ignore or discount the first 25% when Trae was finding his way. 

Rather, one SHOULD wait til the end of the season to formulate their opinion. And in doing so, it would be fairly clear that Luka and Trae are close statistically but Luka holds the slight edge overall. I agree he will be ROY but i disagree that it's some obvious choice. 

Forming an opinion at a certain point in time doesn't equate to your final/definitive vote. What I'm hearing and seems to be implied here is that any voicing of opinion before the final vote is going to have to be their final vote and those remaining games won't matter to that person. Sorry but that's a bit unfair to hold someone as incapable of stating an opinion without any capability of changing their mind.

And if you look at the tone towards Luka in this thread, there's far more snark, negativity, and naysaying about him now and in his future whereas I've been fair and praiseworthy of both guys. I just find it amusing to point out that the sensitive over-defense of Trae by so many posters here suggests some bias. It's like Trae is our boy and we must defend him at all costs from this silly notion that Luka may be better, even though I have stated that gap between them isn't that big. 

1 hour ago, Eddielives said:

Forming an opinion at a certain point in time doesn't equate to your final/definitive vote. What I'm hearing and seems to be implied here is that any voicing of opinion before the final vote is going to have to be their final vote and those remaining games won't matter to that person. Sorry but that's a bit unfair to hold someone as incapable of stating an opinion without any capability of changing their mind.

And if you look at the tone towards Luka in this thread, there's far more snark, negativity, and naysaying about him now and in his future whereas I've been fair and praiseworthy of both guys. I just find it amusing to point out that the sensitive over-defense of Trae by so many posters here suggests some bias. It's like Trae is our boy and we must defend him at all costs from this silly notion that Luka may be better, even though I have stated that gap between them isn't that big. 

It's one thing for a media person to say "Luka certainly leads for the ROY right now" while it's entirely a different thing to say "Luka IS the ROY. It's over. Trae has had a nice run, but Luka IS the ROY"  

The latter is what I heard repeatedly starting in February.  I'm not holding them to some unfair standard.  I'm simply using what they've specifically said to prove to you that it isn't exactly a "fair" race.  Personally, I think Trae is deserving but I'm not going to disparage Luka because he had a great year as well.  But please don't act like the media didn't formulate their FINAL opinion prior to the end of the season because that's exactly what happened.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thecampster said:

knowing it was Trae +10 this year for Luka you still aren't happy with it?

I didn't like it at the time but today I'd probably do the trade without this year's pick.  Trae was that impressive to me, even given the obvious defensive liabilities.  

• Like 1

Love the CLP The Don and Nash connection.  There isn’t much Trae can learn in terms of PNR, handle, and passing skills.  But Nash set ungodly standards for efg (.613 one year wtf) and assist: turnover (Holy Grail of 3:1). More of that from Trae please.  I think Nash was an underrated off ball player and screener.  If we see some progession in that area from from Trae omfg.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Love the CLP The Don and Nash connection.

Keep forgetting they were teammates at Santa Clara. Success for them in different ways in the pros. That connection can only be a good thing for Trae.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Love the CLP The Don and Nash connection.  There isn’t much Trae can learn in terms of PNR, handle, and passing skills.  But Nash set ungodly standards for efg (.613 one year wtf) and assist: turnover (Holy Grail of 3:1). More of that from Trae please.  I think Nash was an underrated off ball player and screener.  If we see some progession in that area from from Trae omfg.

:blink:

There is a ton left for him to learn.  5 years from now he will be significantly better in all these things because he will take the craft and natural talent which are already great and layer on more sophistication, nuance and skill.  Any basketball player who thinks they've learned all there is to know about core parts of their responsibilities at age 20 has a problem.  Trae knows he can keep learning for every element of his game and doesn't have a problem.  There is a lot he can learn from Nash in all areas of the game, even defense.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 12:28 PM, kg01 said:

HS exists so I can finally get this out ...

I get he's the toast of the world but, folks gotta start being honest, all L*** did was put up stats and make his teammates worse.  Every time I see this "great" game from him, it's a bunch-a dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble ...... dribble s'more, step backs ('cause he can't get past his man) ... and obtw the Mavs are losing the whole time.

What do they expect Porzingo to do?  Sit in the corner and watch the show?  Nope, he's gonna take his turn on the dribble-treadmill to get his own shots off.  That is, until he gets hurt again.  Which we know is comin'.  Prove me wrong.

Have fun with that Cubes.

And don't tell me about the great(sic) Rik Carlisle who's an awful coach unless he has a team of win-now vets (who basically coach/police themselves).  Tell me I'm wrong.  Look at his record.  When has he ever taken the roster he's been given and squeezed more out of it?  When's he ever developed anyone?  Tell me.

All he's good for is blaming his players when they don't win.

And folks expect him to steward the triple-Dirks (shout out Game of Zones) to anything more than late-lotto picks?  Don't hold yer breath on that.

Porzingis might not be around to get injured, given his bizarre actions of late.  He might be in the pokey.

• Admin
On 6/6/2019 at 7:25 PM, thecampster said:

knowing it was Trae +10 this year for Luka you still aren't happy with it?

No, I would take Luka over Trae/10 ... I think Doncic is a future superstar but as I said Trae turned out to be much better then I expected with the exception of His horrific D.  

On 6/7/2019 at 5:33 PM, AHF said:

:blink:

There is a ton left for him to learn.  5 years from now he will be significantly better in all these things because he will take the craft and natural talent which are already great and layer on more sophistication, nuance and skill.  Any basketball player who thinks they've learned all there is to know about core parts of their responsibilities at age 20 has a problem.  Trae knows he can keep learning for every element of his game and doesn't have a problem.  There is a lot he can learn from Nash in all areas of the game, even defense.

A little hyperbolic, yeah.  I just truly think he’s the best pure passer in the league already.  If he improves upon that then goddamn.  I’ll be tracking him as he steadily creeps toward that CP3, Lowry-like assist to turn ratio with more corporate knowledge, hitting them weights, and better mates. 

• Moderators
22 hours ago, benhillboy said:

A little hyperbolic, yeah.  I just truly think he’s the best pure passer in the league already.  If he improves upon that then goddamn.  I’ll be tracking him as he steadily creeps toward that CP3, Lowry-like assist to turn ratio with more corporate knowledge, hitting them weights, and better mates. 

I wouldn't call him the best in the league yet but I love what he's shown.  That was had me sticking with him last year when he was struggling to hit anything with his shot.  He will absolutely improve on his passing.  I have total faith in that.  He is too smart and hard working not to continue to refine those skills.  Cutting down on TOs will be one area where we see that improvement.

Takes a while for guys to get up to speed on the receiving end of Trae's passing. Kinda a Maravich early on memory. Expecting the same adjustment for our rookies coming in. Pretty amazing when the guys were on the same page with Trae this season.