• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

TRADE!!! (Prince and Cap Space for Crabbe, 2 Firsts)

Spud2nique

• Moderators

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.  Anyone seen the details on the protection of the 2020 pick?  I know it is lottery protected next year but what happens if it doesn’t convey next season?

Pretty obvious a deal is coming.  Either trading up or dealing for a young vet is my guess.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.  Anyone seen the details on the protection of the 2020 pick?  I know it is lottery protected next year but what happens if it doesn’t convey next season?

Pretty obvious a deal is coming.  Either trading up or dealing for a young vet is my guess.

Why not just keep it simple and just draft 3 good players in the 1st round?

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

We're not doing your legwork, bro.  Google is your friend.

Agree another deal seems imminent.

Don't bann me.

Could it be that Schlenk doesn't think the guy he wants in the draft at #8 will be there ( Culver or Reddish) therefore he could now theoretically trade 8 & 10 and move up and still have another 1stt round pick, the 17th pick to draft a player.

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Why not just keep it simple and just draft 3 good players in the 1st round?

I personally doubt we’ll want to have to juggle development on this many young players.  Maybe we just end up parking someone on the bench but JC, Huert and Trae are taking most of the minutes at 3 of 5 positions.  Leaves scraps for others there and two other starting positions at least one of which I’d guess we see a starting vet fill.  

• Moderators
Just now, Blunt91 said:

Could it be that Schlenk doesn't think the guy he wants in the draft at #8 will be there ( Culver or Reddish) therefore he could now theoretically trade 8 & 10 and move up and still have another 1stt round pick, the 17th pick to draft a player.

Or 8/17/2nd for a move up, etc.  Seems like we have a lot of options.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I personally doubt we’ll want to have to juggle development on this many young players.  Maybe we just end up parking someone on the bench but JC, Huert and Trae are taking most of the minutes at 3 of 5 positions.  Leaves scraps for others there and two other starting positions at least one of which I’d guess we see a starting vet fill.  

Safety in numbers my friend

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Or 8/17/2nd for a move up, etc.  Seems like we have a lot of options.

I'm holding out hope that New York has some knowledge that they are getting one of the big free agents and wants to shop the 3rd pick and we're aiming towards that.  R.J. with Trae would be a helluva exciting combo.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Safety in numbers my friend

I don’t believe that without a plan to develop them.  I see us adding like two rookies into the rotation each year.

Just now, Eddielives said:

I'm holding out hope that New York has some knowledge that they are getting one of the big free agents and wants to shop the 3rd pick and we're aiming towards that.  R.J. with Trae would be a helluva exciting combo.

I don’t love Barrett but if Schlenk believes in him then I’m on board.  He has earned some trust.

I still think Prince can be a good player. He was a victim of the tank. It threw a wrench into his development and he didn't really fit what we were trying to do anymore. He handled his reduced role in the 2nd half of the season well, though. Good luck in Brooklyn. 

That said, I'm a fan of the trade. Hopefully this is a sign of Schlenk getting better at negotiations. Maybe some of that goodwill paying off. We'll see what follows. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, High5 said:

I still think Prince can be a good player. He was a victim of the tank. It threw a wrench into his development and he didn't really fit what we were trying to do anymore. He handled his reduced role in the 2nd half of the season well, though. Good luck in Brooklyn. 

That said, I'm a fan of the trade. Hopefully this is a sign of Schlenk getting better at negotiations. Maybe some of that goodwill paying off. We'll see what follows. 

He kinda fit on offense but didn't on defense. Cam fits to a T. That's why we taking him at 8.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

NOP's not doing that.  They have to keep the top pick to save face (and save franchise in NO) once they lose Aunt Davis.

I know but why do you have to 💩 on my day dream. That being said, I love Collins. If you see this John u still the 🐐 bady!

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

NOP's not doing that.  They have to keep the top pick to save face (and save franchise in NO) once they lose Aunt Davis.

What about:

Memphis gets: Huerter 8/10/17

Hawks get : 2nd (Ja)  + CJ Miles

Small backcourt but best 2 passers in the league together?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What about:

Memphis gets: Huerter 8/10/17

Hawks get : 2nd (Ja)  + CJ Miles

Small backcourt but best 2 passers in the league together?

Hard pass on that.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Hard pass on that.

You and cap 🧢 😊 and kg..and me. Too small but has the league ever had 2 of the best pure passers in the same backcourt? I don’t think so. Not even close.