• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Players in the 2019 draft you don’t want!

Spud2nique

17 hours ago, pimp said:

Just to make some of y’all nervous 😈

Looks like Travis had a front row seat at Bol Bol’s pro day.  To the right , under the basket.

Bol fits that dribble, pass, shoot philosophy schlenk loves to talk about somewhat 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, DBac said:

The idea of Bol taking those threes that Dedmon and Len got makes me drool so I'm not out on him all the way. Just can't see that dude recovering from a shoulder by Giannis or Embiid lol.

I see the avenue for success but I'm good with letting another team find out about Cam Reddish

His father was 200lbs and played 10 years in a more rough and tumble, rugged NBA. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddielives said:

I definitely don't want Jaxson Hayes.  I'm REALLY excited about Goga.  I think he could be a steal in this draft and we should have every opportunity to get him if we want.

Proof that Eddielives is a kg01 burner account. 😎

I really don't understand folks' infatuation with Bol.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I really don't understand folks' infatuation with Bol.

Watch the video of his workout above.  It doesn't take much to start imagining him doing some great things.  But he is so scary.  That is why I'm good with passing on him but I'll be excited about him if we get him.  Highest gap between ceiling and floor of any player in this draft.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Watch the video of his workout above.  It doesn't take much to start imagining him doing some great things.  But he is so scary.  That is why I'm good with passing on him but I'll be excited about him if we get him.  Highest gap between ceiling and floor of any player in this draft.

Agreed! It’s hard to me to hear people not be excited about this mans skills at 7’3....like if he works out! He really really works out! Like we are talking about superstar for sure but if it doesn’t pan out so be it! We have 3 draft picks I think he should be used with one of them.

be funny if schlenk was trading up to get Bol lol people would lose they shit around here! 

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

Harrumph, I don't get enamored by workout videos.  I'm more savvy than that. 🙄

I'd take a flyer on him if we land the 21 pick VIA trade ... I guess.

He looks like a perpetual, "But he's a killa at practice.  I don't know why it's not showing up in games." guy.

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Harrumph, I don't get enamored by workout videos.  I'm more savvy than that. 🙄

I'd take a flyer on him if we land the 21 pick VIA trade ... I guess.

He looks like a perpetual, "But he's a killa at practice.  I don't know why it's not showing up in games." guy.

He did average 21 points on 56% fg% and 52% 3pt% (!!) to go with 9.6 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game last season so it actually did show up in the games. 

He put up some very nice numbers:

Bol Bol:  37.5 PER, .271 WS/40, and 11.5 BPM.   

Ja Morant 31.6 PER, .273 WS/40, and 9.9 BPM

RJ Barrett: 23.3 PER, .194 WS/40 and 7.7 BPM

Jarrett Culver:  25.1 PER, .222 WS/40, 11.2 BPM 

The problem is not that his talent didn't show up in the 9 games he played.  It was that he only played 9 games. 

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, AHF said:

Do not want a big man at 8 or 10.  Give me some wangs.

I'm tempted to put Bol Bol here for me.  Questions about desire are never good.  That body and his injury scream red flag.  But if Schlenk believes in him enough to draft him then I'll be excited with his length and skill.  So he is one that I'll be glad we didn't take if we don't take him and excited about him if we do.

If he is around at 17 we have to take a chance, right? No one else with his upside at that range.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

If he is around at 17 we have to take a chance, right? No one else with his upside at that range.

Depends who is on the board and how Schlenk thinks about them.  Hayes, Goga, Clarke, etc. could be on the board there depending on how the draft unfolds and Schlenk might prefer one of them to Bol Bol.

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

He did average 21 points on 56% fg% and 52% 3pt% (!!) to go with 9.6 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game last season so it actually did show up in the games. 

The problem is not that his talent didn't show up in the 9 games he played.  It was that he only played 9 games. 

Goga will look into Bol's eyes.  He'll wipe the sweat from his brow.  Then he'll utter, in a heavy eastern European grunt, "I will break you."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hace 22 minutos, AHF dijo:

Don't you thinks those numbers are enough to invest pick 10 on him? I am convinced he can flourish as a top talent on the league, nobody has that array of skills. Looks aa fluid as Durant on offense while has the length to average 3bpg. The question is can he defend the post? Can he play a full season? It is easier to improve a body than to teach a guy play like that. I think we should go all in this draft in talent with Reddish, Bol and Little or Fernando or Kabengele or 2 of them. Sekou is really intriguing too.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Don't you thinks those numbers are enough to invest pick 10 on him? I am convinced he can flourish as a top talent on the league, nobody has that array of skills. Looks aa fluid as Durant on offense while has the length to average 3bpg. The question is can he defend the post? Can he play a full season? It is easier to improve a body than to teach a guy play like that. I think we should go all in this draft in talent with Reddish, Bol and Little or Fernando or Kabengele or 2 of them. Sekou is really intriguing too.

I don't think they are enough by themselves.  The 9 game is a very small sample size to the point where it is hard to draw too much significance from them especially since the competition wasn't very good (usual pre-conference soft balls are on there like Portland State, Eastern Washington, Green Bay, Texas Southern, etc.).  His weight presents obvious challenges to his ability to play center and his mobility will be a challenge at other positions.  His medical report will be very important.  

So I love the upside there but the downside is also very real.  If Schlenk believes in him, I'll be excited for him.  If Schlenk passes, I won't spend time second guessing.

hace 11 minutos, AHF dijo:

I don't think they are enough by themselves.  The 9 game is a very small sample size to the point where it is hard to draw too much significance from them especially since the competition wasn't very good (usual pre-conference soft balls are on there like Portland State, Eastern Washington, Green Bay, Texas Southern, etc.).  His weight presents obvious challenges to his ability to play center and his mobility will be a challenge at other positions.  His medical report will be very important.  

So I love the upside there but the downside is also very real.  If Schlenk believes in him, I'll be excited for him.  If Schlenk passes, I won't spend time second guessing.

But at the same time teams are betting on 4 games sample for Garland for 4th pick.....

I agree is a risky pick, that is why I am saying is an "all-in" bet but the rest of the options at 10 do not present even half of the potential except Sekou....and cannot stop thinking what if he lives to the potential????

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Goga will look into Bol's eyes.  He'll wipe the sweat from his brow.  Then he'll utter, in a heavy eastern European grunt, "I will break you."

I must...

Sorry I’ve seen the movie 1026 times.

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

If ur Goga sucks I’m giving you a wedgy.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

But at the same time teams are betting on 4 games sample for Garland for 4th pick.....

I agree is a risky pick, that is why I am saying is an "all-in" bet but the rest of the options at 10 do not present even half of the potential except Sekou....and cannot stop thinking what if he lives to the potential????

They aren't relying on the 4 game sample.  They are relying on the scouting from HS and he is benefiting from the lack of pure PG talent in this draft.

He also has a body and frame that is easy to translate to the NBA.  Much higher floor but he still carries risk for sure.

Personally, I don't think Garland would be considered in the top 10 last season so some of it is the relative drop off in this draft compared to last year's very talented top 10.