• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to forgive Al Horford

HawkItus

This past season showed Al was right.  When he refused to play hurt, he was right.  KD showed how easily his decision could have backfired if he had of played.  He also was right to move on if that was his best move.  Derozan proved this.  He gave his heart to Toronto and they rightly moved on from him to get better.  The fans loved him, but they would absolutely trade him again for this Chip.  Players need go for self.  Organizations and fans aren't loyal.

Still not sure how offering Al a 4 year deal starting at $23 million is disrespecting him or how getting a true center to play alongside him was an insult.  Fans here loved him, he for 2 million more reasons a year to go live somewhere more expensive in a new city to chase a championship for self validation. Had he stayed we probably would have offered to trade him to a contender once the rebuild began...but no.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

It is literally 99% how he left and for some of us...the remaining 1% is which team he went to.

Side note, how my hatred for NBA players has evolved over the years...

80's - All the ugly Celtics except for Robert Parish
Late 80's-90's - All the bum Pistons except for Joe Dumars, who gave his serving of my hatred to that super-bum Laimbeer
90's - Danny Marshmallow Manning (and I still think I have reserve hate for him)
Early - Mid 2000's - Tim "The Robot" Duncan...until I realized the fault was actually in me for not appreciating great basketball
Mid - Late 2000's - Kevin "Paper Tiger" Garnett who passed the torch of hatred to during this time Dwight Howard

Currently this bum:
Image result for al horford celtic

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

It is literally 99% how he left and for some of us...the remaining 1% is which team he went to.

Side note, how my hatred for NBA players has evolved over the years...

80's - All the ugly Celtics except for Robert Parish
Late 80's-90's - All the bum Pistons except for Joe Dumars, who gave his serving of my hatred to that super-bum Laimbeer
90's - Danny Marshmallow Manning (and I still think I have reserve hate for him)
Early - Mid 2000's - Tim "The Robot" Duncan...until I realized the fault was actually in me for not appreciating great basketball
Mid - Late 2000's - Kevin "Paper Tiger" Garnett who passed the torch of hatred to during this time Dwight Howard

Currently this bum:
Image result for al horford celtic

I knew I wasn't the only person who loved Joe Dumars the player and hated anything wearing a uniform next to Bill Laimbeer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

90's - Danny Marshmallow Manning 

I know i’m in the minority here but i don’t hate Danny Manning. I blame Pete Babcock.

He’s the one that Traded Dominique AND a first round pick for  26 games of Danny Manning. 

I don’t blame Manning for leaving . He knew he couldn’t fill Nique’s shoes. He knew he wasn’t good enough to be the #1 option on a championship caliber team. We never would have won anything with him.  So he left to be Barkley’s sidekick in Phoenix.  Babcock should have been fired, but managed to hang around for 8 more years.

• Like 2

What about Tito?

"There wasn't as much motivation for him when he saw all the empty seats when they were winning," he told the Boston Globe. "He said to me, 'Dad, when we were playing Boston, they were down 15 points and they were cheering their team like they were winning the game. They're so into the game.' This is special for us, especially for him."

22 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

It was the opposite here. How did this get turned around? This club stood by Whoreford thru his two titty injuries and he spit on that very club on the way out. Him and his asshole father. To Hell with Al

This is pretty much on target IMO. I never understood why he had to put ATL under a bus to justify a move to bean town! It is funny to still hear how great he is and in the same sentence how Boston need a rebounder. You get what you get with Whoreford. Skilled and soft.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, pimp said:

I know i’m in the minority here but i don’t hate Danny Manning. I blame Pete Babcock.

He’s the one that Traded Dominique AND a first round pick for  26 games of Danny Manning. 

I don’t blame Manning for leaving . He knew he couldn’t fill Nique’s shoes. He knew he wasn’t good enough to be the #1 option on a championship caliber team. We never would have won anything with him.  So he left to be Barkley’s sidekick in Phoenix.  Babcock should have been fired, but managed to hang around for 8 more years.

You do realize before he made the trade Babcock was promised by Manning that he would stay in Atlanta, right? The only reason Pete made that trade was because Nique wanted superstar money on a long, long term deal and Babcock knew after that injury Nique was never the same player.

I have never blamed Pete for that trade. The cap space we saved on Nique's dying years in the NBA ( go watch his Celtics days if you want to see what we avoided) went DIRECTLY into signing Dikembe.

Manning staying or going isn’t issue for me because in my opinion he wouldn’t have taken the team anywhere  with him as a number one option.His 15ppg in the playoffs showed he wasn’t the man for the job.

My problem with the trade is that we were the #1 team in the east  , when it was wide open for anyone to win . Babcock killed our chances because he was worried about the off-season instead of trying to win a championship. 

no way Babcock should have been our gm for 12 years , when he didn’t  win anything, or draft worth a damn. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir! Good morning sunshine ☀️! We might get picks 4 and 8. Hot rumor kg started!

Read that on The Twitters this morn, Schlank gets the key to the city if he pulls that off. The Kagey-Wan ( @kg01, see what I did there?) is wanna be startin’ somethin’, got to be startin’ somerhin’ 💫