'Tis Done! Davis trade official!

Ahora, Marvin24Williams dijo:

Wow, so

Ball

Holiday

Ingram

Zion

???

I think they pick Hunter with #4. Gives them a small ball lineup that they can run and gun with, which is when Lonzo is at his best.

Ummm there is a chance they take a Center, that would be fantastic for the Hawks. Hayes or Bol.

• Like 2

If they go with Hunter, I guess Clev goes with Culver, Pho with White, Chi with Garland?

Ahora, Marvin24Williams dijo:

Hmm a center in the top 4 seems like a reach, perhaps they trade back with us, Chicago, or Phoenix?

Might be an option, yes

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can't believe they actually went through with trading Davis to the Lakers with all of the dirty laundry aired, but at least it's done.

From a young asset standpoint, it was the best deal on the table.  To put in perspective:

#2 pick Ingram

#2 pick Ball

#4 pick this season

#30 pick Hart

(3) 1st rd picks for the next 3 years

plus their own #1 pick - Zion

Plus they have their own borderline all star guard in Holiday.

If they want to bolster their frontcourt, I could see the Pelicans being very interested in #8 and #10.   The thing is . . I don't think the #4 pick is a game changer for us.   We're better off keeping #8 and #10, unless we can get the Pelicans #4 + a future 1st.  that would leave the Hawks picking #4 and #17 in 2019, plus having an extra 1st rd pick in the 2020 draft.

I just don't understand how all the breaks seem to always end in the Lakers favor when we struggle just to get one break in a decades time. It is unreal how their fortunes is always so damn perfect. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Apparently we are one of the teams interested in Pels #4. I think they trade back when all is said and done.

I would offer 10,17 and a couple seconds to see if that gets traction ... I would consider 8 and 17 (plus seconds) but I wouldn’t do 8 and 10 ... I would even think about Cavs pick with 10 and 17 ... not sure if cavs pick will ever go so it might end up beings seconds anyway.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would offer 10,17 and a couple seconds to see if that gets traction ... I would consider 8 and 17 (plus seconds) but I wouldn’t do 8 and 10 ... I would even think about Cavs pick with 10 and 17 ... not sure if cavs pick will ever go so it might end up beings seconds anyway.

Yeah, i'm fine with 8+17, or 10+17. No way am I giving up both 8 and 10 for 4 tho. I'd do 10+17 for the Cavs pick as well if they bite on it.

58 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

I just don't understand how all the breaks seem to always end in the Lakers favor when we struggle just to get one break in a decades time. It is unreal how their fortunes is always so damn perfect. 

Because the Lakers don't act like their existent talent is untouchable.  They've consistently been willing to give up good talent + draft picks, to get what they want. And it doesn't hurt when the player only wants to play for your franchise.

• Like 1

• Admin
54 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Yeah, i'm fine with 8+17, or 10+17. No way am I giving up both 8 and 10 for 4 tho. I'd do 10+17 for the Cavs pick as well if they bite on it.

I would do 8 and 10 plus seconds for 4 and Hart.

• Like 1