• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

'Tis Done! Davis trade official!

11 hours ago, capstone21 said:

I would do 8 and 10 plus seconds for 4 and Hart.

Wow. That might be too rich for my blood but I will say that I love Hart as a player and he’s the type to go to a city and be a fan favorite for 10 years. He’s a clutch dude.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, warcore said:

Damn! Pelican's really did get good value for this. Now what would be hilarious, is if the Pels finish with a better record next year.

This is very possible especially if nagging injuries become the norm for Lebron. If that happens, the Lakers become the Pelicans!  😎

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is very possible especially if nagging injuries become the norm for Lebron. If that happens, the Lakers become the Pelicans!  😎

😆 But seriously never seen a team go from a future like the Pels were headed towards before the draft lottery to this.

They basically built an exciting team over night (month). Hired Griffin and he went out and lucked out with Zion and added Ball, Ingram, Hart and a bunch of future firsts. Not to mention still having Holiday as a trading chip.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

😆 But seriously never seen a team go from a future like the Pels were headed towards before the draft lottery to this.

They basically built an exciting team over night (month). Hired Griffin and he went out and lucked out with Zion and added Ball, Ingram, Hart and a bunch of future firsts. Not to mention still having Holiday as a trading chip.

This is how smart GM's take advantage of dumb ones...Happens all of the time!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

This is how smart GM's take advantage of dumb ones...Happens all of the time!

😆 ya I was just saying Phil wants to kick Griff’s a$$ for pulling the sheets over Jeanie’s head. Geez. Davis is good but for possible 6 players? That’s a Hershel Walker type deal. I always wanna be the Cowboys in that scenario never the Vikes. I don’t believe in 1 player in basketball but a good team consisting of a bunch of good ones.

• Premium Member

Davis is a generational talent and a superstar.   Really wish the Hawks would have went after him.   We are no where close to being a upper level contender.  We have a decent core of Trae, Collins and Huerter but we could have really used Davis.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Davis is a generational talent and a superstar.   Really wish the Hawks would have went after him.   We are no where close to being a upper level contender.  We have a decent core of Trae, Collins and Huerter but we could have really used Davis.  

Generation talent that doesn't win. 2 playoff appearance in 8 years.  No go for me

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Generation talent that doesn't win. 2 playoff appearance in 8 years.  No go for me

And he’s always hurt. I like tough durable players that play through pain. Davis would go out if his fingernail was messed up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

And he’s always hurt. I like tough durable players that play through pain. Davis would go out if his fingernail was messed up.

I think I looked this up once...The pelican's record with and without him was essentially the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I think I looked this up once...The pelican's record with and without him was essentially the same.

Wow 😯. Actually come to think of it, probably shouldn’t be that surprising. He’s really really good when he plays, but he never takes his team into long winning streaks either. 

Oh man I just thought if something. If Lebron didn’t like Love being a wuss with injuries...he ain’t gonna like Ant 🐜! 🤣 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Don't be fooled by stats and hype.

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

School 'em, peo.

AD'll do well as the new Bosh but folks need to recognize he's a follower and a second-fiddle player, not a superstar.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Don't be fooled by stats and hype.

School 'em, peo.

AD'll do well as the new Bosh but folks need to recognize he's a follower and a second-fiddle player, not a superstar.

I agree but Bosh? Is this @kg01‘s BIL hacking into his account. If so, hey how are u? Oh ...and F the Heat!

• Premium Member

I get it...but man, they are one injury away from disaster with those unprotected picks.  And that's a whole 4 years from now.  Man ANYTHING can happen in that time.

Y-I-K-E-S 

Then to give up all that young talent AND the #4 pick in this draft. It's just a complete haul for the Pelicans.  It's good for the Lakers if they can stay healthy and if LeBron doesn't turn AD into a spot up shooter.  It's too rich for my taste though... This is a guy they could have signed outright in the post season and literally shooed off all other suitors.

I've kept up with the Lakers since I started watching basketball in '83...but that's not the Lakers anymore.  It's the LosAngeles LeBron. 👎

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I get it...but man, they are one injury away from disaster with those unprotected picks.  And that's a whole 4 years from now.  Man ANYTHING can happen in that time.

Y-I-K-E-S 

Then to give up all that young talent AND the #4 pick in this draft. It's just a complete haul for the Pelicans.  It's good for the Lakers if they can stay healthy and if LeBron doesn't turn AD into a spot up shooter.  It's too rich for my taste though... This is a guy they could have signed outright in the post season and literally shooed off all other suitors.

I've kept up with the Lakers since I started watching basketball in '83...but that's not the Lakers anymore.  It's the LosAngeles LeBron. 👎

Hershel Walker haul. Again I’d hate to be the Vikings in any sport where you bank on one dude. It might pay off but it’s a huge gamble indeed. WHAT UP @Wretch I love how everyone is back I missed you all! 😊 

• Like 1

Alright, putting the trade to the side for moment, how about ESPN being given their dream off-season and having a legit reason to talk about LeBron 24 hrs a day again. I will be so happy when this guy is gone and out of the league.

Between him and The LAKERS mystique, all other teams in the league will pretty much no longer exist.. Toronto is already an after thought

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Here is my question, at this point in time, who would be a better fit here Davis or Kevin Love? I know Davis is a little younger but if you let Love play his game and snatch 500 rebounds a game, who would fit better? I go Love all the way personally

• Premium Member
Just now, IheartVolt said:

Here is my question, at this point in time, who would be a better fit here Davis or Kevin Love? I know Davis is a little younger but if you let Love play his game and snatch 500 rebounds a game, who would fit better? I go Love all the way personally

Davis is just flat out too expensive for any team to be successful.  So I never want to see him in a Hawk Uniform.  Love just adds nothing.