• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

'Tis Done! Davis trade official!

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Davis is just flat out too expensive for any team to be successful.  So I never want to see him in a Hawk Uniform.  Love just adds nothing.

Love played more his game last year.. I don't agree with that he adds nothing. When he plays the glass he gets tons of boards and can stretch the floor. I agree on Davis

1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

Davis is a generational talent and a superstar.   Really wish the Hawks would have went after him.   We are no where close to being a upper level contender.  We have a decent core of Trae, Collins and Huerter but we could have really used Davis.  

A trade for Davis would've probably looked like:

Collins + Bazemore + the (3) 1st round draft picks in 2019.    Would you do that?

Most Hawks fans see Collins as untouchable.  But when you want a superstar talent, you have to give up your very good talent to get them, in most cases.

Hawks lineup for 2019 - 2020 in that trade scenario:

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

G/F -Crabbe

F - Davis

C - Len/Dedmon

We would probably had to become a player in free agency to address our wing situation.   We'd have enough room to add a DeMarre Carroll, Rodney Hood type wing ).   Maybe we use our (3) 2nd rd picks to move into the 1st round?  Maybe we populate the team with low cost vets ( Vince Carter, Mike Scott, Lance Stephenson, DeMarcus Cousins, etc ).

When adding a superstar like Davis, you can't play the "slow game" anymore.  You have to get solid people around that dude to help him win.  Something that really didn't happen in New Orleans until they acquired Cousins.  Had Cousins stayed healthy in the 2017 - 18 season, it would've been interesting how the Davis - Cousins combo would've fared in the playoffs.

At some point though in the near future, the Hawks need to assess just how good Trae and Collins can/will be, and if we need to add bigger stars to the team to elevate us to playoff and championship level status.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Love played more his game last year.. I don't agree with that he adds nothing. When he plays the glass he gets tons of boards and can stretch the floor. I agree on Davis

And how many games did Cleveland win?

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Collins + Bazemore + the (3) 1st round draft picks in 2019.    Would you do that?

Most Hawks fans see Collins as untouchable.  But when you want a superstar talent, you have to give up your very good talent to get them, in most cases.

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

G/F -Crabbe

F - Davis

C - Len/Dedmon

We would probably had to become a player in free agency to address our wing situation.   We'd have enough room to add a DeMarre Carroll, Rodney Hood type wing ).   Maybe we use our (3) 2nd rd picks to move into the 1st round?  Maybe we populate the team with low cost vets ( Vince Carter, Mike Scott, Lance Stephenson, DeMarcus Cousins, etc ).

When adding a superstar like Davis, you can't play the "slow game" anymore.  You have to get solid people around that dude to help him win.  Something that really didn't happen in New Orleans until they acquired Cousins.  Had Cousins stayed healthy in the 2017 - 18 season, it would've been interesting how the Davis - Cousins combo would've fared in the playoffs.

At some point though in the near future, the Hawks need to assess just how good Trae and Collins can/will be, and if we need to add bigger stars to the team to elevate us to playoff and championship level status.

Like I said, I don't want Davis in a Hawk uniform period!

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

PG - Trae

G - Huerter

G/F -Crabbe

F - Davis

C - Len/Dedmon

They signaled early that we are not doing jack anything this free agency when they took the Nets salary dump. If they wanted to sign anybody they would have kept Prince and let the Nets deal with their own salary issues.

I am not upset about it, bit that is what makes sense to me

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

And how many games did Cleveland win?

Like I said, I don't want Davis in a Hawk uniform period!

Oh I. Not saying he is the missing magical piece to carry us to a title. I am saying he would fit here and do well as a piece. So yeah sorry for the confusion and to be clear I don't see Davis as that either. He too would only be but just a piece

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, IheartVolt said:

Oh I. Not saying he is the missing magical piece to carry us to a title. I am saying he would fit here and do well as a piece. So yeah sorry for the confusion and to be clear I don't see Davis as that either. He too would only be but just a piece

If you are talking Kawhi, then we can talk...But leave the bad team all stars to the bad GM's

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

If you are talking Kawhi, then we can talk...But leave the bad team all stars to the bad GM's

Ha but we are not the Lakers.. The media tells me no one wants to play for ATL as free agents like the city is trash. I agree tho. Leonard would be nice and channeling my inner Coach Smith "trust the process"!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Here is my question, at this point in time, who would be a better fit here Davis or Kevin Love? I know Davis is a little younger but if you let Love play his game and snatch 500 rebounds a game, who would fit better? I go Love all the way personally

Kevin Love was a flat out disaster last year, before he got hurt.  So much so, that I had to cut him from my fantasy team ( then he gets hurt a week later ).  And he still isn't a good defender.

Davis plays at a very high level on both ends of the court.  Davis will get you 800 rebs, 200 blks, 200 assts, and 2000 points.

No comparison between the two.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, IheartVolt said:

Ha but we are not the Lakers.. The media tells me no one wants to play for ATL as free agents like the city is trash. I agree tho. Leonard would be nice and channeling my inner Coach Smith "trust the process"!

Guys like Leonard and Lebron in his prime showed that he could drag a team of nobodies to the finals and win occasionally against some "Super team"  Those are the guys you pay top dollar.  Not players like Davis

Davis plays at a very high level on both ends of the court.  Davis will get you 800 rebs, 200 blks, 200 assts, and 2000 points.

While staying in the lottery!

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kevin Love was a flat out disaster last year, before he got hurt.  So much so, that I had to cut him from my fantasy team ( then he gets hurt a week later ).  And he still isn't a good defender.

Not trying to say he is better then Davis, I think he would be a good fit here.. 17/10/2 is not what I would call a disaster but I did not realize he played so little last year

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Let the Knicks/Nets/Lakers of the world sign bad team all stars!  Let Schlenk work his magic with the Hawks!

We'll see.  Davis and Lebron should be OUTSTANDING with each other.  If they add Kemba Walker, they immediately become the favorites to win the West.

As for the Hawks, this is the same thing that we did in 2005.  We stuck with our plan and built the team through the draft.   We just have to make sure that our young guys develop and turn into All-Stars and possibly get one superstar out of the bunch.  If not, we're right back where we were in 2009 . . with good young guys, but no superstar.  They'll bring us joy with a few playoff series wins, but no chance to win a title.

We'll see though.

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

We'll see.  Davis and Lebron should be OUTSTANDING with each other.  If they add Kemba Walker, they immediately become the favorites to win the West.

As for the Hawks, this is the same thing that we did in 2005.  We stuck with our plan and built the team through the draft.   We just have to make sure that our young guys develop and turn into All-Stars and possibly get one superstar out of the bunch.  If not, we're right back where we were in 2009 . . with good young guys, but no superstar.  They'll bring us joy with a few playoff series wins, but no chance to win a title.

We'll see though.

Y'all make predictions like this every year.  But like you said, we'll see.  By the way, Walker is not going to LA

We'll see though.

Yea well we can argue back and forth all day about sitting idle with our players and letting the other teams sign the stars but it changes nothing. You cannot make a player sign with a team that the said player would not sign with. I hope that stigma goes away but right now it is what it is.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Guys like Leonard and Lebron in his prime showed that he could drag a team of nobodies to the finals and win occasionally against some "Super team"  Those are the guys you pay top dollar.  Not players like Davis

While staying in the lottery!

Stars need help. That's pretty much been proven throughout the NBA.  Even a great player like Lebron needs help. 

Dominique was a superstar that needed help.  Because he didn't have that all-star caliber of help, we stayed a low playoff seed much throughout his career, minus a few years in the 80s.

Joe Johnson needed help too.  But "We Loved Our Core", and didn't want to trade good, but not star players like Horford and Smith, for a higher caliber of player.

It is what it is though.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all make predictions like this every year.  But like you said, we'll see.  By the way, Walker is not going to LA

I think Kemba signs back with Charlotte or goes to Dallas

• Like 1

Stars need help. That's pretty much been proven throughout the NBA.  Even a great player like Lebron needs help. 

Dominique was a superstar that needed help.  Because he didn't have that all-star caliber of help, we stayed a low playoff seed much throughout his career, minus a few years in the 80s.

Joe Johnson needed help too.  But "We Loved Our Core", and didn't want to trade good, but not star players like Horford and Smith, for a higher caliber of player.

It is what it is though.

Kevin Willis and Mookie were no scrubs.. Jordan was Niques problem

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If you're Kemba, which would you rather do?

Take tens of millions less to go to LA, and possibly play alongside 2 future Hall of Famers for a championship?

Take ALL the money and stay in Charlotte, where a championship, nor less a playoff berth, may not come in the next 4 years?

To me, it's a no brainer, if I'm Kemba.  I'm going to get a big payday, just not a max one.  But I'll get a chance to finally show everyone how good I can be on a good team with talent.   I'd be packing my bags and heading straight to LA.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Didn't Kawhi and Raptors literally just disprove this?  Not one lottery pick on the team!