• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al may be looking to go elsewhere?

turnermx

• Premium Member

Since Boston didn't land AD and look stuck on the treadmill... rumor has it that he won't take his player option

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/boston-celtics-rumors-2019-al-horford-still-undecided-on-player-option-after-anthony-davis-dealt-to-lakers-report.html

20 hours ago, turnermx said:

Since Boston didn't land AD and look stuck on the treadmill... rumor has it that he won't take his player option

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/06/boston-celtics-rumors-2019-al-horford-still-undecided-on-player-option-after-anthony-davis-dealt-to-lakers-report.html

I wouldn't be surprised to see him opt out and end up in LA on a ring-chaser deal like David West did a few years ago (to GSW).

I'm just happy to see some consternation in the Seeeees fanbase.  They're finally realizing maybe Dan E. strAinge is just asset-hoarding and maybe Braaad Stevens isn't the inventor of the game of basketball.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him opt out and end up in LA on a ring-chaser deal like David West did a few years ago (to GSW).

I'm just happy to see some consternation in the Seeeees fanbase.  They're finally realizing maybe Dan E. strAinge is just asset-hoarding and maybe Braaad Stevens isn't the inventor of the game of basketball.

🤣 The Brad’s of the world 🌎 🤦‍♀️ can’t live with them...gimme a beer 🍻 

Amirite? 🕺🏿

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 The Brad’s of the world 🌎 🤦‍♀️ can’t live with them...gimme a beer 🍻 

Amirite? 🕺🏿

Funny thing is, it doesn't make sense for him to opt out.  Moneywise, it's a bad decision.

However, recall that the 'Horfo opting out' rumors started to swirl around the same time the 'Capela-to-BOS' rumors began.  Folks wrote it (their interest in Capela) off because they lacked the assets to get AD and Capela.  Scalabrine said at the time that the Capela stuff would only matter if AD was off the table.  Well, here we are.

I think, if Horfo opts in, he's getting shipped to HOU and he knows it.

Dan E. strAinge sittin' across the table like, "Uhm Al, you uhh ... gonna sign that deal?"  Then Capela falls out of the closet wearing a green #15 jersey.

"D*mnit Clint, I said stay in there until after he signs!"

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Funny thing is, it doesn't make sense for him to opt out.  Moneywise, it's a bad decision.

However, recall that the 'Horfo opting out' rumors started to swirl around the same time the 'Capela-to-BOS' rumors began.  Folks wrote it (their interest in Capela) off because they lacked the assets to get AD and Capela.  Scalabrine said at the time that the Capela stuff would only matter if AD was off the table.  Well, here we are.

I think, if Horfo opts in, he's getting shipped to HOU and he knows it.

Dan E. strAinge sittin' across the table like, "Uhm Al, you uhh ... gonna sign that deal?"  Then Capela falls out of the closet wearing a green #15 jersey.

"D*mnit Clint, I said stay in there until after he signs!"

🤣 that would be perfect for the next episode of game of zones. If it’s not over. 😐.  Meanwhile Danny is chewing on a piece of jerky that gets lodged in his throat and he shoots it out at Al who ducks the jerky like a missed ft.

Ill call my people at BR and them know we got some ideas 💡!

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 that would be perfect for the next episode of game of zones. If it’s not over. 😐.  Meanwhile Danny is chewing on a piece of jerky that gets lodged in his throat and he shoots it out at Al who ducks the jerky like a missed ft.

Ill call my people at BR and them know we got some ideas 💡!

... and another thing ...

Plenty of folks saying it's unfair to call BOS a failure because you can't predict Hayward breaking the leg and whatnot.  Well, it's not like he was max-worthy before the injury.  Let's not forget he was a playoff no-show in UTA until his last year there.  He put up decent reg. season nimbers but disappeared in the playoffs.  What we're seeing from him post-injury is the same as it was before.  This is who/what he is.  Wasted $30+mil

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

... and another thing ...

Plenty of folks saying it's unfair to call BOS a failure because you can't predict Hayward breaking the leg and whatnot.  Well, it's not like he was max-worthy before the injury.  Let's not forget he was a playoff no-show in UTA until his last year there.  He put up decent reg. season nimbers but disappeared in the playoffs.  What we're seeing from him post-injury is the same as it was before.  This is who/what he is.  Wasted $30+mil

Remember they also didnt execute the PG trade since they wanted to maintain capspace to sign Brad's boy Hayward to that $30 mil.

• Like 1

Per Woj, Alice has indeed opted out and is an unrestricted FAgent.  Woj also says this is likely a precursor to he and the Seees working out a longer-term deal.

I thought he and M. Gasol (TOR) would do this.  Opt out to sign for more years/similar dollars at their current team.  Gives them security while not losing much money.

I still think, if he'd opted in, the Capela trade was a legit threat for him.  Considering BOS is now tryna hold on, since Kyme is likely gone for nothing, it appears their best move is to keep Al.  This helps them avoid bottoming out but likely caps their ceiling at simply competitive.  JMHO since I have much less faith in the greatness(sic) of Tatum and I think they'll have to cap-out overpaying Rozier.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Per Woj, Alice has indeed opted out and is an unrestricted FAgent.  Woj also says this is likely a precursor to he and the Seees working out a longer-term deal.

I thought he and M. Gasol (TOR) would do this.  Opt out to sign for more years/similar dollars at their current team.  Gives them security while not losing much money.

I still think, if he'd opted in, the Capela trade was a legit threat for him.  Considering BOS is now tryna hold on, since Kyme is likely gone for nothing, it appears their best move is to keep Al.  This helps them avoid bottoming out but likely caps their ceiling at simply competitive.  JMHO since I have much less faith in the greatness(sic) of Tatum and I think they'll have to cap-out overpaying Rozier.

3 year 10 mill is what I’m hearing. Can the Celtics then flip him to a team like Houston on draft night?

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

3 year 10 mill is what I’m hearing. Can the Celtics then flip him to a team like Houston on draft night?

Based on my meager understanding, any deal would not be in effect on draft night since the league calendar runs through 6/30.  So I don't think he could be traded on draft nite.

Perhaps @JayBirdHawk can chime in since she lives to correct our mistakes (hehe).

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Based on my meager understanding, any deal would not be in effect on draft night since the league calendar runs through 6/30.  So I don't think he could be traded on draft nite.

Perhaps @JayBirdHawk can chime in since she lives to correct our mistakes (hehe).

Oh she’s getting her beauty sleep 😴 right now. Let’s not disturb that otherwise she comes in here as the mad ADULT 🧑 ready to hand out punishments and cap 🧢 space lectures.

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

3yr/$10??? That doesn't seem right. More like 3yr/$20 per. 

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's a FA so he cannot be traded on draft night. They can work a SnT after July 6th.

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh she’s getting her beauty sleep 😴 right now. Let’s not disturb that otherwise she comes in here as the mad ADULT 🧑 ready to hand out punishments and cap 🧢 space lectures.

14 minutes ago, kg01 said:

True, true.

I need my beauty sleep to deal with you two.:sleeping:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

3yr/$10??? That doesn't seem right. More like 3yr/$20 per. 

He's a FA so he cannot be traded on draft night. They can work a SnT after July 6th.

I need my beauty sleep to deal with you two.:sleeping:

😝 no doubt.