• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I'm hearing

thecampster

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

We takin' over this bish like ...

bbb.gif

I tried to give you a laugh but I’m plum out. Weird tho it didn’t allow the laugh but a ghost laugh was placed anyway...

kinda scared me wth is that thing. Like a GOT thing squawk has going with emojis.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll really underrating Little. He is a Westbrook level athlete. We need to realize that. 

I’m not denying his athleticism at all. Again I said he’s got a great football 🏈 body being a DB or something. I’m worried about actual basketball 🏀 skills like PDS (pass dribble shoot). He might be Stan2.0

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll really underrating Little. He is a Westbrook level athlete. We need to realize that. 

Like spud said though, no one's saying he's not a great athlete.  I'm questioning how long it'll take him to get up to the point of being a high-level contributor.  I think he's farther away than folks who like him will admit.  Due to circumstances, he was right to leave college.  However, he's a guy who needed multiple years at that level.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m not denying his athleticism at all. Again I said he’s got a great football 🏈 body being a DB or something. I’m worried about actual basketball 🏀 skills like PDS (pass dribble shoot). He might be Stan2.0

thefr.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Oh I know, the Dotun I knew is more involved in a different org, a criminal org.... government.

Hey hey hey...u keep that commie biz outta squawk.. 😐 

I mean ummmmm...

carry on!

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Saw one (idiotic) rumor this morning where Hawks trade 8, 10, and Kev for 4 to take Culver...

giphy.gif

🤦‍♀️ ya it’s bs.

According to Yahoo's Keith Smith, Atlanta is one of the teams expressing interest in the No. 4 pick as it tried to package together two or three of its first-round selections. 

The Athletic's Sam Vecenie reported that Chicago is the team brought up the most across the league in discussions about the No. 4 pick. 

Of those two teams, Atlanta has the better collection of assets, as it possesses the No. 8, No. 10 and No. 17 selections. The Hawks acquired the No. 10 pick from Dallas in last year's Luka Doncic trade and picked up No. 17 from Brooklyn in a recent deal. 

If Atlanta packages all three picks to move up and take one of Darius Garland, Jarrett Culver or De'Andre Hunter, New Orleans would have three selections to work with in addition to the No. 1 pick. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

🤦‍♀️ ya it’s bs.

According to Yahoo's Keith Smith, Atlanta is one of the teams expressing interest in the No. 4 pick as it tried to package together two or three of its first-round selections. 

The Athletic's Sam Vecenie reported that Chicago is the team brought up the most across the league in discussions about the No. 4 pick. 

Of those two teams, Atlanta has the better collection of assets, as it possesses the No. 8, No. 10 and No. 17 selections. The Hawks acquired the No. 10 pick from Dallas in last year's Luka Doncic trade and picked up No. 17 from Brooklyn in a recent deal. 

If Atlanta packages all three picks to move up and take one of Darius Garland, Jarrett Culver or De'Andre Hunter, New Orleans would have three selections to work with in addition to the No. 1 pick. 

The one I saw came from a Pels site so it was either a complete fabrication or just wishful thinking, or both.  IF TS did something that stupid (trading all 3 1sts OR including a core piece in a trade for 4) all of my trust in him would be eroded.  Thankfully he's a lot smarter than that.  

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

The one I saw came from a Pels site so it was either a complete fabrication or just wishful thinking, or both.  IF TS did something that stupid (trading all 3 1sts OR including a core piece in a trade for 4) all of my trust in him would be eroded.  Thankfully he's a lot smarter than that.  

What about 10+17 for #4 and Solomon Hill?

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What about 10+17 for #4 and Solomon Hill?

I wouldn't HATE it, but I don't really see the need for it either unless TS just really believes none of the wings will be there at 8.  If we are doing NO a favor taking Hill's bad contract, I'd offer 10 + 2nd for Hill + 4.  Otherwise, I'd just keep the 3 I have take the BPA.  My opposition is there's ZERO reason to trade 8 with any combination of players or picks to get up to 4.  I just wouldn't do it. 

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I wouldn't HATE it, but I don't really see the need for it either unless TS just really believes none of the wings will be there at 8.  If we are doing NO a favor taking Hill's bad contract, I'd offer 10 + 2nd for Hill + 4.  Otherwise, I'd just keep the 3 I have take the BPA.  My opposition is there's ZERO reason to trade 8 with any combination of players or picks to get up to 4.  I just wouldn't do it. 

I hear ya. Even if we walked away with:

#4/#8

Cam/Hunter 

Culver/Hunter

Cam/Clarke

Culver/Clarke

?

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I hear ya. Even if we walked away with:

#4/#8

Cam/Hunter 

Culver/Hunter

Cam/Clarke

Culver/Clarke

?

Love it.  Although I'm still high on Sekou so for me it's 2 of Cam/Sekou/Hunter while also keeping 17 for Goga / Bruno / Claxton.  Although I keep hearing Bruno is dropping so maybe he makes it to 35.  That would be a steal, imo.

• Like 1

New Orleans, by trading Davis, effectively made a 4 for 1 trade this year that only saves them 2 million in salary cap space.  If they renounce all their free agents and waive all of their non-guaranteed contracts, they will have 11 players on the roster after the draft including their 2nd round pick and will be almost 7 million over the cap with 4 players to sign.  They need cap relief. Their 2 first picks alone will take up 15% of the cap. The could really use the 2 draft picks and they could use someone taking 1 or 2 contracts off their hands. Having Lonzo Ball now puts them in a difficult position with Jrue Holiday who is very good but overpaid. They either need someone to take Jrue Holiday off their hands and start the rebuild in earnest or someone to take on the Balls.  I'm not sure I want the headaches they are offering.

Because Holiday is signed for 3 more years, he handicaps their options going forward.  A situation where its 4 for 8 and a swap of Holiday for either Baze or Plumlee with the Hawks adding 2nds as sweetner is possible.  Baze or Plumlee offer cap relief after this year whereas keeping Holiday is 3 years of $26.1 million tied up.  Holiday + Zion + #4 = 40% of the cap going forward.  Its a bad formula.

ie...don't overpay the Pelicans. They have needs and issues to consider.

• Like 2

“It’s no secret that with our three second-round picks, we are going to try to package them and move up if we can, but that’s easy for me to sit here and say and harder to accomplish,” Schlenk said. “What we don’t want to do and want to try to avoid is selling them. We’ll try to trade them for futures, like we did last year, so we have the asset. If we get to a point where we draft, we could draft and stash because, again, you can use those players in transactions down the line, so we’ll try to keep the asset alive.”

Thank you!

https://theathletic.com/1028201/2019/06/17/building-the-draft-board-how-travis-schlenk-spent-his-time-leading-up-to-draft-night/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Love it.  Although I'm still high on Sekou so for me it's 2 of Cam/Sekou/Hunter while also keeping 17 for Goga / Bruno / Claxton.  Although I keep hearing Bruno is dropping so maybe he makes it to 35.  That would be a steal, imo.

Bruno is not slipping out of the first round.  Teams in the later part of the 1st are planting rumors hoping he slips or they can deal their pick.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Summer league doesn’t have much relevance as it’s kinda glorified street ball.  It’s an opportunity to see guys play but putting up numbers don’t reflect how they will do in the nba.  Doing well is expected... now if you don’t play well in summer league then that is a bigger cause of concern.  

Dion Glover baby!

• Like 1

The only trade with the Pels that I would do, them getting all three 1st round picks is for the #1 pick, which they have.  I would have to think hard about this even.  What if we did and then he got hurt, bad.  Hawks lose everything.  With three picks, injuries to all three doesn't seem likely.

Three second round picks for lucky #19 - Now, you're talking !!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

The only trade with the Pels that I would do, them getting all three 1st round picks is for the #1 pick, which they have.  I would have to think hard about this even.  What if we did and then he got hurt, bad.  Hawks lose everything.  With three picks, injuries to all three doesn't seem likely.

Three second round picks for lucky #19 - Now, you're talking !!

I don't think the Pels would do that, only chance is if Zion pulls a Kobe. I would be tempted because Zion might be the only for sure superstar in this draft. But with three picks there is a chance we get a couple potential stars staying put!

I like the idea of three second rounders for #19 and if we can pull that off trading #17 for a future 1st round pick , while taking #8 and #10 or trading #10 for #6 or #7 to take on salary

• Like 1