• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I'm hearing

thecampster

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 we literally typed that at the same time.

TWINSIEEEEESSSS... 👯‍♀️ 

😐

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

We takin' over this bish like ...

bbb.gif

Shite...outta likes and laughs already....sigh.:laugh1:

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I tried to give you a laugh but I’m plum out. Weird tho it didn’t allow the laugh but a ghost laugh was placed anyway...

kinda scared me wth is that thing. Like a GOT thing squawk has going with emojis.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Like spud said though, no one's saying he's not a great athlete.  I'm questioning how long it'll take him to get up to the point of being a high-level contributor.  I think he's farther away than folks who like him will admit.  Due to circumstances, he was right to leave college.  However, he's a guy who needed multiple years at that level.

thefr.gif

Not so long ago, I likened Little to @Spud2nique fave Stan Jo...all athlete, not much else.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

New Orleans, by trading Davis, effectively made a 4 for 1 trade this year that only saves them 2 million in salary cap space.  If they renounce all their free agents and waive all of their non-guaranteed contracts, they will have 11 players on the roster after the draft including their 2nd round pick and will be almost 7 million over the cap with 4 players to sign.  They need cap relief. Their 2 first picks alone will take up 15% of the cap. The could really use the 2 draft picks and they could use someone taking 1 or 2 contracts off their hands. Having Lonzo Ball now puts them in a difficult position with Jrue Holiday who is very good but overpaid. They either need someone to take Jrue Holiday off their hands and start the rebuild in earnest or someone to take on the Balls.  I'm not sure I want the headaches they are offering.

Because Holiday is signed for 3 more years, he handicaps their options going forward.  A situation where its 4 for 8 and a swap of Holiday for either Baze or Plumlee with the Hawks adding 2nds as sweetner is possible.  Baze or Plumlee offer cap relief after this year whereas keeping Holiday is 3 years of $26.1 million tied up.  Holiday + Zion + #4 = 40% of the cap going forward.  Its a bad formula.

ie...don't overpay the Pelicans. They have needs and issues to consider.

Sign me up for Jrue Holiday.  I've always been a fan.  He may be a defensive liability, but he's also a guy that can score and can take some pressure off of Trae as a ball handler.  

I don't think NO is looking to trade him, but if he was available, I'd give up 8+Baze +2nds to get Jrue +4.  Done.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Sign me up for Jrue Holiday.  I've always been a fan.  He may be a defensive liability, but he's also a guy that can score and can take some pressure off of Trae as a ball handler.  

I don't think NO is looking to trade him, but if he was available, I'd give up 8+Baze +2nds to get Jrue +4.  Done.  

I always thought that Jrue's calling card was that he was a versatile defender that could score some.  Checking ESPN's RPM he's ranked 10th amongst PGs in DRPM but then again I also thought he was used as a 2 over the past 2 seasons.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I feel it's more likely they'll look to keep Jrue and trade Lonzo.  Either way, you're off on Jrue.  His calling card is defense.  Remember him and Rondo shutting down the Blazers' guards a year ago?  Being a true 2-way defender is part of why he's so valuable.

If they trade him, it'll be in a deal separate from the 4 pick.  He has his own value, no need to pkg with that pick.  jmho

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I feel it's more likely they'll look to keep Jrue and trade Lonzo.  Either way, you're off on Jrue.  His calling card is defense.  Remember him and Rondo shutting down the Blazers' guards a year ago?  Being a true 2-way defender is part of why he's so valuable.

If they trade him, it'll be in a deal separate from the 4 pick.  He has his own value, no need to pkg with that pick.  jmho

32 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

I always thought that Jrue's calling card was that he was a versatile defender that could score some.  Checking ESPN's RPM he's ranked 10th amongst PGs in DRPM but then again I also thought he was used as a 2 over the past 2 seasons.

You are both right.  I should have trusted my eyes.  I went and looked up his numbers on bb ref prior to posting and saw his 112 Def Rating and neg DBPM and just went with that.  My bad.  Should have known better as defensive stats are more team centric, imo, anyway.  

I'll take my time out now.  LOL

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

His value is good, his contract is high....there is some need as they are not in a good place cap wise.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Shite...outta likes and laughs already....sigh.:laugh1:

Not so long ago, I likened Little to @Spud2nique fave Stan Jo...all athlete, not much else.

Yes I recall. Good call on that one! Weird thing is if they were both coming out this year, I’d like Stan’s body and game over Nas. I’m about 90% sure Schlenk doesn’t want Nas but Supes disagrees. He’s just not “our style” player.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lonzo stays and grows with Zion. Griff loves Ball. Jrue is the odd man out. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jrue find his way to the Rockets somehow and maybe pair with Harden.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Lonzo stays and grows with Zion. Griff loves Ball. Jrue is the odd man out. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jrue find his way to the Rockets somehow and maybe pair with Harden.

Interesting.  Kind of a Jrue-to-HOU, CP2-to-LAL, Ball-to-NOP three-way.  IIUC, this deal isn't "done" so maybe it can be morphed into that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Interesting.  Kind of a Jrue-to-HOU, CP2-to-LAL, Ball-to-NOP three-way.  IIUC, this deal isn't "done" so maybe it can be morphed into that?

You just became Woj! Tweet it out to the world now! Or have Shams do it 😆 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You just became Woj! Tweet it out to the world now! Or have Shams do it 😆 

This is what 95% of the eggsperts do.  Speculate and twit stuff out as if it's faxxxxx.

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

WAS having no GM is screwing thangs up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

They are over the cap....they would have to rework the original deal as a pass through to get this done and even then they'd have to send a little bit of salary out I think.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is what 95% of the eggsperts do.  Speculate and twit stuff out as if it's faxxxxx.

WAS having no GM is screwing thangs up.

only way it happens is if they get the GM from Toronto in time

7 minutes ago, turnermx said:

only way it happens is if they get the GM from Toronto in time

Agreed.  WAS is near the top of my list of sneakily-poorly run teams.  We all know about the Suns and Kings but the 'Zards and Mavs do some head-scratching things that no one talks much about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

I wouldn't HATE it, but I don't really see the need for it either unless TS just really believes none of the wings will be there at 8.  If we are doing NO a favor taking Hill's bad contract, I'd offer 10 + 2nd for Hill + 4.  Otherwise, I'd just keep the 3 I have take the BPA.  My opposition is there's ZERO reason to trade 8 with any combination of players or picks to get up to 4.  I just wouldn't do it. 

The thing is, we don't need A wing, we need THE GOOD wing. There's some disagreement over who that is, but if you're like me and you think Hunter is pretty clearly on a different tier than the other ones, you go get him. I'd rather have Hunter than Nas + Reddish, just like I'd rather have Kawhi than Middleton+Harris (especially because I doubt Nas and especially Reddish will ever be that good).

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

The thing is, we don't need A wing, we need THE GOOD wing. There's some disagreement over who that is, but if you're like me and you think Hunter is pretty clearly on a different tier than the other ones, you go get him. I'd rather have Hunter than Nas + Reddish, just like I'd rather have Kawhi than Middleton+Harris (especially because I doubt Nas and especially Reddish will ever be that good).

And this is where we will need Schlenk to be smart and aggressive.  Sometimes the deals you don't make are the ones that haunt you.  If Schlenk believes someone is on a different level then it may well be worth paying a premium to move up and get him.  Nobody would look back at our 2013 draft and regret anything we had to give up to move to #12 and get Giannis.  But if you move up, you also better be right about your board because nothing stinks like paying a premium and then missing.  (Think the Bucks trading up for the #6 pick to take Robert 'Tractor' Trailer in '98 and giving up the #9 and #19 picks.  The Mavs then got Dirk Nowitzki with the #9 and flipped the #19 pick to Phoenix for Steve Nash.)

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, AHF said:

And this is where we will need Schlenk to be smart and aggressive.  Sometimes the deals you don't make are the ones that haunt you.  If Schlenk believes someone is on a different level then it may well be worth paying a premium to move up and get him.  Nobody would look back at our 2013 draft and regret anything we had to give up to move to #12 and get Giannis.  But if you move up, you also better be right about your board because nothing stinks like paying a premium and then missing.

*cough* Doug Mcbucket?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

*cough* Doug Mcbucket?

A good example for sure.  

I'll step out on a limb and say that Chicago probably would have stuck with Nurkic and Gary Harris (taken with their picks) if given the benefit of hindsight.

37 minutes ago, AHF said:

And this is where we will need Schlenk to be smart and aggressive.  Sometimes the deals you don't make are the ones that haunt you.  If Schlenk believes someone is on a different level then it may well be worth paying a premium to move up and get him.  Nobody would look back at our 2013 draft and regret anything we had to give up to move to #12 and get Giannis.  But if you move up, you also better be right about your board because nothing stinks like paying a premium and then missing.  (Think the Bucks trading up for the #6 pick to take Robert 'Tractor' Trailer in '98 and giving up the #9 and #19 picks.  The Mavs then got Dirk Nowitzki with the #9 and flipped the #19 pick to Phoenix for Steve Nash.)

This!