• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I'm hearing

thecampster

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Most years I'm "against" trading for the sake of trading....but this year....I'm not sold on anyone in the draft past the first 3 that are more than just a solid NBA starter. I don't see anything worth getting excited about.

There are a few High Ceiling raw guys in this draft to get excited about like a Sekou and there are some guys that are falling for various reasons that can play like Clarke and Jontay who will make a roster. There are plenty of players in this draft and basically you can find players in every draft.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

There are a few High Ceiling raw guys in this draft to get excited about like a Sekou and there are some guys that are falling for various reasons that can play like Clarke and Jontay who will make a roster. There are plenty of players in this draft and basically you can find players in every draft.

I'd love to see us get Jontay Porter in the second round.  He could rehab all season and that would be fine given the likely need for minutes we will have.

Sekou is another one I'd love to get.  Clarke at #17 is also very attractive.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Most years I'm "against" trading for the sake of trading....but this year....I'm not sold on anyone in the draft past the first 3 that are more than just a solid NBA starter. I don't see anything worth getting excited about.

You aren't the only one feeling that way.

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'd love to see us get Jontay Porter in the second round.  He could rehab all season and that would be fine given the likely need for minutes we will have.

Sekou is another one I'd love to get.  Clarke at #17 is also very attractive.

THERE YA GO AHF! Clarke is my boy. We both went to SJSU...I graduated from there but Clarke was too good to be a Spartan so he went Zag on us. Kid is incredible. I know some think 10 is too high but if he’s out man let’s just get him.

• Like 1

Trading up this year would be stupid. Cam is easily going to be better for us than anyone else in this draft outside of Zion. This is not last year where 3 is Luka. This year, 4 is Garland, White, Hunter or Culver. E-Z pass 

The only player I am moving up for is Cam and I am not moving up for him either. He should be there at 8

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron there you are! Who do you like this go around. I know you want L**** and was upset initially at the trade. So who is is this go around? 

I want who? Who is L****? Please tell me we aren't still doing this inane "can't even mention the name" of other players as a default board setting.

I am still upset we passed on a generational superstar in Doncic, yes, but there's no one in this draft like that other than Zion. I truly don't care who we take. The top 3 guys are on another level than the guys after them. I would want Cam at #8 but I see no need to trade for him. Frankly if we traded out completely out of this draft it wouldn't concern me. Last year's draft was very strong and deep. Not this year.

• Like 1

• Admin
55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trading up this year would be stupid. Cam is easily going to be better for us than anyone else in this draft outside of Zion. This is not last year where 3 is Luka. This year, 4 is Garland, White, Hunter or Culver. E-Z pass 

The only player I am moving up for is Cam and I am not moving up for him either. He should be there at 8

I value Culver the most but I am just as happy with Cam.  I want 1 of the three wings (Culver, Cam, Hunter) Then Sekou and then Clarke or one the centers.  Rather just keep the picks if we are getting one of the wings for sure

i have a feeling ... in a few years Sekou is going to be one of the top players from this class

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know you love me Tony so eyeroll all you want. 😋

🤣 Soth you break my heart. Generational talent is Trae! You can listen to a coworker who went to college with Trae all you want but hear me out. Trae is a top 5 passer I’ve seen in the last 35 years. He’s our Zeke/Nash. We made the right choice. 

(Despite what my avatar says! BK did this to me!) 🤦‍♀️ 

26 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I value Culver the most but I am just as happy with Cam.  I want 1 of the three wings (Culver, Cam, Hunter) Then Sekou and then Clarke or one the centers.  Rather just keep the picks if we are getting one of the wings for sure

i have a feeling ... in a few years Sekou is going to be one of the top players from this class

Yes sirrrr! 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 Soth you break my heart. Generational talent is Trae! You can listen to a coworker who went to college with Trae all you want but hear me out. Trae is a top 5 passer I’ve seen in the last 35 years. He’s our Zeke/Nash. We made the right choice. 

How long do you have to keep that Avatar? Asking for a friend.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought it was until July 4th but apparently opening night. Trust me, I wanna 🥊 myself...my avatar.

I’m waiting to give Peoria his avatar for the start of the season.  Really want him and the rest of the board to enjoy it!  😃 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought it was until July 4th but apparently opening night. Trust me, I wanna 🥊 myself...my avatar.

Whaaaaat!!! Gotta lookit dat mug until October....sheeesh.

@kg01and I tried warned you, smh. I wanna 🥊 you.

You need to listen to the adults in the room :hehe:

I’m of the thought that no matter what we do, considering our flexibility and track record, whoever we end up with will be one of “our guys” that we want and not just someone we felt we were stuck with. 

There are several players I like. I’m fully prepared for those guys I really want to not only be available, but for us to pass on them for someone not on my radar that turns out to be really good, just like all of Schlenks draft picks to date. Literally every draft pick he has made I wasn’t even considering before the draft. They’ve all turned out to be great picks so far.

I expect more of the same Thursday night

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

😆 wait, in your world 🌎 @kg01 is an adult and I should listen to him? He wants to draft Bargnani and I wanna draft...as Supes puts it..the next Dennis Rodman. 😃 

ps who wanted to know? 🤔 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I know you love me Tony so eyeroll all you want. 😋

:ahf:

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sirrrr! 

Haha, the sci betrays you to the depths of your cold, dark soul.

I love it!

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Although I lay no claim to the title 'adult, we did indeed try to warn him.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kg01 said:

:ahf:

Haha, the sci betrays you to the depths of your cold, dark soul.

I love it!

Although I lay no claim to the title 'adult, we did indeed try to warn him.

U did. I blame the heartless Cavs. I really wanted that pick to convert. Imagining having 2 picks last year. Cavs being like 11-14... oohhh