• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things I'm hearing

thecampster

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

🤣 Soth you break my heart. Generational talent is Trae! You can listen to a coworker who went to college with Trae all you want but hear me out. Trae is a top 5 passer I’ve seen in the last 35 years. He’s our Zeke/Nash. We made the right choice. 

(Despite what my avatar says! BK did this to me!) 🤦‍♀️ 

Yes sirrrr! 

I'm not hating on Young. He's legit. He is the first true superstar kinda guy we've had since Nique. That's how invested I am into that kid. I still think Doncic is a better player but we need to see what we turn that #10 from dallas into.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm not hating on Young. He's legit. He is the first true superstar kinda guy we've had since Nique. That's how invested I am into that kid. I still think Doncic is a better player but we need to see what we turn that #10 from dallas into.

10 is nice but even without the 10 I still have Trae as the better overall player. 10 is a nice asset though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

:cool:

I read somewhere that our GM said that there was only one really, really great player in this year's draft.  Most everyone seems to agree with him.  However, he went on to say that this year's draft was very deep in better than average players.  If he really believes this and was not just blowing smoke, which is not likely, the Hawks are sitting pretty.  The worst problem?  What are we going to do with all the new players and who is gone from the end of season roster?

Since our GM likes draft picks, we may trade some present picks for future picks and take on someone's problem child or someone's over paid player.  Whatever we do we will know soon !!

15 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I read somewhere that our GM said that there was only one really, really great player in this year's draft.  Most everyone seems to agree with him.  However, he went on to say that this year's draft was very deep in better than average players.  If he really believes this and was not just blowing smoke, which is not likely, the Hawks are sitting pretty.  The worst problem?  What are we going to do with all the new players and who is gone from the end of season roster?

Since our GM likes draft picks, we may trade some present picks for future picks and take on someone's problem child or someone's over paid player.  Whatever we do we will know soon !!

Yeah....Schlenk has said on multiple occasions that the draft is very deep while also maintaining it is top heavy.  I take that to mean he believes the elite players are few but the above average players are many. When that's the case, it makes sense to keep multiple 1st rounders to give yourself more opportunities to find a good player.  

At this point, I'd just as soon keep the picks they have and take the best players available.  Maybe trade the 2nds for an additional late 1st.   

• Like 1

Since AD didn't go to Boston and they have somewhat of a train wreck look to them right now wonder if both their picks in the twenties are worth our #17 to them. Travis would have his four firsts. Throw in our picks in the forties to help entice since Travis feels those picks are in the way as in having too many new kids at once. Trade them down the road if not needed for this trade. Surely we can land a young center with #20 and/or #22.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I like L**a so I'm mad at you for making me say negative things about him.  Remember, this is your fault.  Not mine.

I get why people went gaga over the young man but the reality is we're gonna look up in a few years and folks will start wondering why, despite his gaudy stats, the Mavs are just a middling team.

They'll wonder why, despite his greatness, no one seems to get better as his teammate.  They blamed Smith, Jr. first.  Then it was THJ.  Next, they'll blame Prozingo.  Then it'll be {insert cadre of teammates} next (c'mon, you gotta give me credit for using cadre in a sentence, no?)

Finally it'll be Carlisle's turn.  Along the way, any mention that it just might be L*k*'s game that's at fault (meaning, he needs to have a certain type of players around him a la Iverson) will be met with swift denials and "oh you jus' a hater 'cause he ain't 'merican!"

He'll have some all-star appearances.  They may eek into the playoffs a time or two. Meanwhile, that beast of the southeast aka your Atlanta Hawks will be contending.

So, folks can hang onto their Lu**-Love all they want.  But we've won this trade.  The 10-pick is just icing.

magnum.gif

meh1.gif

All this from one rookie season?  Slow down

giphy.gif

Smith is persona non-grata so far.  Its not just a Mavs thing.  TY is the man, but Luka isn't chopped liver.  This thing still needs to play out.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I think Luka objectively had the stronger overall season last year by a significant margin.  Won the first half in a landslide; lost the second half by a fairly narrow margin.  My completely unscientific, back-of-the-envelope estimate is that 50% of the board would argue our player was better regardless of whether we drafted Luka or Trae.

Trae has the potential to be very special and if he does that it doesn't matter what happens with Luka so I'm not going to bash Luka to make Trae look better by comparison.  I'm looking forward to a fun rivalry between them and would enjoy seeing some Magic / Bird type of rivalry and hope to see some finals appearances against each other (because then, you know, we would be in the NBA finals).

Well stated. That’s very mature of you. I won’t bash Luka moving forward either. @Sothron kind of brain 🧠 washed us into hating him.

2 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

All this from one rookie season?  Slow down

Smith is persona non-grata so far.  Its not just a Mavs thing.  TY is the man, but Luka isn't chopped liver.  This thing still needs to play out.

My job is to give you glimpses into the future.  Your job is to simply say 'thanks, kg'.

😎

(Seriously though, don't worry, you just walked into a thang between me and soth.  Logic has no place here.)

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Well stated. That’s very mature of you. I won’t bash Luka moving forward either. @Sothron kind of brain 🧠 washed us into hating him.

This.  Well, it wasn't just him.  And not 'hate'.  That's strong.

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

My job is to give you glimpses into the future.  Your job is to simply say 'thanks, kg'.

😎

(Seriously though, don't worry, you just walked into a thang between me and soth.  Logic has no place here.)

This.  Well, it wasn't just him.  And not 'hate'.  That's strong.

Well Soth wanted to slam his big 80’s phone 📱 into Trae early on so.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Well Soth wanted to slam his big 80’s phone 📱 into Trae early on so.

But I'll give him credit.  He didn't pretend to have a medical degree and enter a state of total denial.  He admitted he was wrong about Trae being an unmitigated disaster very early and got progressively higher on him as the season progressed to the point where he was pretty "all-in" for the last third of the season. No reason to be worked up by his posts about either Trae or Luka anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

But I'll give him credit.  He didn't pretend to have a medical degree and enter a state of total denial.  He admitted he was wrong about Trae being an unmitigated disaster very early and got progressively higher on him as the season progressed to the point where he was pretty "all-in" for the last third of the season. No reason to be worked up by his posts about either Trae or Luka anymore.

Not at all. I love Soth and his love for all superstars, after all, he is one himself! 😉 Gettem Soth!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wait, what? There were posters on here before last year's draft openly bashing Doncic because of his skin color let alone his perceived lack of athletic ability. Myself and a few others were supportive of Doncic. You guys can't blame this on me. There were so many people on here openly rooting against him it was silly level of player hate.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, AHF said:

So did we finally out the He Who Shall Not Be Named over his sketchy details?

I agree with all of this. I was rooting for Trae before the season started and as his game hit started to take off in mid Dec or so I was seeing the superstar seeds in him. We have a great deal to be excited about going forward with Trae and JC and whatever we do with the draft.

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Not at all. I love Soth and his love for all superstars, after all, he is one himself! 😉 Gettem Soth!

Much love brother!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Wait, what? There were posters on here before last year's draft openly bashing Doncic because of his skin color let alone his perceived lack of athletic ability. Myself and a few others were supportive of Doncic. You guys can't blame this on me. There were so many people on here openly rooting against him it was silly level of player hate.

I don't think any of us actually blame you but needling you is too much fun.  Especially since we know you have to reply on a desktop since that 80's-era, Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell-style brick phone you use doesn't get the interwebs.

Just yesterday, you were hard at work typing L**a-love on Mavsquawk ...

beavis-on-computer.gif

(see how much fun it is teasing you, soth?  why do you and @AHF want to take this away from us?)

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I don't think any of us actually blame you but needling you is too much fun.  Especially since we know you have to reply on a desktop since that 80's-era, Zack Morris from Saved by the Bell-style brick phone you use doesn't get the interwebs.

beavis-on-computer.gif

(see how much fun it is teasing you, soth?  why do you and @AHF want to take this away from us?)

I do in fact only use a desktop PC to browse the intrawebs and still don't text or use the cellphone so...I got nothing to say.

Guess I'll be hanging out with the gang over at the Max and wondering what mischief we can pull on Mr. Belding...

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I do in fact only use a desktop PC to browse the intrawebs and still don't text or use the cellphone so...I got nothing to say.

Guess I'll be hanging out with the gang over at the Max and wondering what mischief we can pull on Mr. Belding...

Haha, "the Max"?  Oh man, those were the good days.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

beavis-on-computer.gif

Don’t you dare bring Zack Morris(L***) into this convo without mention on AC Slater (Trae)! 

Look preppy, we gotta get invited to Soth’s for dinner once. I wanna see the old record player, maybe catch a movie 🎥 on beta while eating some pot roast! I’m in! Soth, I look forward to your invite. I’ll bring the ring dings and the Pepsi! 😃 

• Haha 2