• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrison Barnes Declines $25M Option

AHF

• Moderators

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27000459/agent-kings-barnes-become-unrestricted-fa

This is kind of fascinating to me.  If you asked me to value him, I'd probably say something like a 4 year, $60M deal.  I think either he will end up regretting this move badly or whatever team signs him will end up regretting that deal badly.  In short, it's going to end badly for someone.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27000459/agent-kings-barnes-become-unrestricted-fa

This is kind of fascinating to me.  If you asked me to value him, I'd probably say something like a 4 year, $60M deal.  I think either he will end up regretting this move badly or whatever team signs him will end up regretting that deal badly.  In short, it's going to end badly for someone.

Regrets all around.

He has ties to Travis and I also think he will get paid. With Durant's injury and Leonard leaning to the Clippers or the Raptors:

Barnes, Middleton, and Harris are the best remaining small forwards.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He has ties to Travis and I also think he will get paid. With Durant's injury and Leonard leaning to the Clippers or the Raptors:

Barnes, Middleton, and Harris are the best remaining small forwards.

Yes, but in exact reverse order; still, Barnes will probably get paid a lot as he has throughout his entire career for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes, but in exact reverse order; still, Barnes will probably get paid a lot as he has throughout his entire career for some reason. 

He is a large SF who does not have a offensive weakness. Hits all his shots, FG, FT, 3PT, and the boards.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

He is a large SF who does not have a offensive weakness. Hits all his shots, FG, FT, 3PT, and the boards.

He has a 54% career TS% which is below average. He's basically a marginally more efficient Kent Bazemore on offense, with worse passing and defense.

PER 36

Barnes: 15.9ppg 5.7rpg 1.8apg 45% fg 37%3pt 54%TS

Bazemore: 15.2ppg 5.3rpg 3.3apg 42% fg 35%3pt 52% TS%

oh, and he'll get signed for 25 million+... PASS.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

He is the definition of "solid."  Not great at anything.  No major weaknesses.  Not a big positive impact on the game but he does enough of everything and looks good enough filling out a uniform that people throw way more money at him than he is worth.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is the definition of "solid."  Not great at anything.  No major weaknesses.  Not a big positive impact on the game but he does enough of everything and looks good enough filling out a uniform that people throw way more money at him than he is worth.

My take also. He is a 3rd wheel in a pinch like some of his days at GSW. A 4th wheel is his best option. I do think Dallas, Knicks, Nets, Clippers, Lakers will all have him on their radar as a non max signing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He has a 54% career TS% which is below average. He's basically a marginally more efficient Kent Bazemore on offense, with worse passing and defense.

PER 36

Barnes: 15.9ppg 5.7rpg 1.8apg 45% fg 37%3pt 54%TS

Bazemore: 15.2ppg 5.3rpg 3.3apg 42% fg 35%3pt 52% TS%

oh, and he'll get signed for 25 million+... PASS.

I agree with AHF. 15 million and my high side is 20. I am not saying we should necessarily sign him; but someone will.

Wow.  This guy must have some guarantee from a team to turn that down.  I hope he's not listening to bad advice from the wrong people.  Like has been stated, he's solid but nowhere near worth $25 million a year.  I would even go slightly lower than $15 million a year average.