• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

As a lifelong photographer (high school and college newspapers, local college rags, photography minor, etc) let me start by saying Cam is in the foreground and Slay is in the background. As such, Cam “appears” to be about 2 inches taller than him. Put them side-by-side, that perspective illusion would be corrected to what would probably be only 1 inch taller. Slay being 6’8 in shoes would put Cam around 6’9. Zion and Cam are standing essentially the same distance from the camera and Cam looks 2 inches taller than him. Zion being 6’7 in shoes would put Cam around 6’9.

If Cam is 6’9 210lbs with a 7’1 wingspan right out of college at 19 years old, damn son. With the versatility to play the 3, some 2, and a little 1, PSSSH!

Here’s my theory: the core muscle and groin surgery to correct his nagging injuries improved his posture and height by an entire inch. Not unheard of. My 19 year old son has 1 vertebrae slightly twisted from a dirt back accident. He goes to a special chiropractor who adjusts it back into alignment once every few months and he gains back about an inch every time just from posture correction.

Once again, dope ass post. I just don't think it's all posture based. He had good posture in the Draft day picks but he clearly gained at least 1 to 1.25 inches. He looks much taller. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Once again, dope ass post. I just don't think it's all posture based. He had good posture in the Draft day picks but he clearly gained at least 1 to 1.25 inches. He looks much taller. 

Then it’s possible his growth plate cartilage hasn’t hardened into solid bone yet and he’s still growing. That’s rare, and when it happens usually lasts until about 20. I grew until about 20 as well, although I’m only 5’10. Good god man, if Cam’s growth plates are still active he could reach 6’10 😳

3 hours ago, hazer said:

Then it’s possible his growth plate cartilage hasn’t hardened into solid bone yet and he’s still growing. That’s rare, and when it happens usually lasts until about 20. I grew until about 20 as well, although I’m only 5’10. Good god man, if Cam’s growth plates are still active he could reach 6’10 😳

I grew an inch from Freshman year to sophomore year as well after being 6'3 w/ shoes for all of HS. 

My best friend went from 6'1 to 6'3 in the same summer. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Volume scorer. 

I mean, he was fine for what he was.... A 6th man volume scorer one trick pony... But I hope Cam can do better.

That's kinda what he is on the ball. Off the ball he has movement skills which Jamal obviously never had. Even has a prong, agility which is critical to his half court game. The high end variance shooting 3s is probably his best offensive value that translate instantly. Jamal didn't have a translatable skill coming out and ended up in the WOAT situation as a rookie as well which didn't help. 

He has the body and fluidity of McGrady. Athleticism of Lonzo Ball on both ends. 

His defense reminds me most of Lonzo Ball but more advanced at this stage than Ball out of UCLA. 

Obviously, he is taller. 6'8-6'9 and 210 which he looks by my eyes bigger than that already. Looks 215ish. Looks to have gained some muscle recently. Seems like he has been in the facilities putting in works with Hunter and Bruno. They all look great. Especially Hunter. My gawd! 

@Plainview1981 I liked Jamal's on ball ability. It was better than Joe's. Joe was better obviously v. Set defenses and defensive gameplans but Jamal in space was unstoppable. I remember he just was more consistent because you couldn't guard him, especially when he got hot. Joe was better for points per possession but when Jamal was in the right situation, he was lethal. 

Iso Joe was down right freakish v. Set defenses 1v1. His issue was he had the same struggle with double teams as Kawhi without the athleticism needed to get space for himself which Leonard had. Joe also was a on ball playmaker. If I could add Joe to the modern era, I would. He fits.

If Joe could get to any spot on the court like Leonard and Jordan, he would have been an ATG. He is still is a HOFer to me.

Edited by NBASupes

On 8/15/2019 at 11:35 PM, NBASupes said:

Dude, no. His measurements at the draft combine are his measurements. He measured 6'6.5" in May. That is his full adult height. That is not a dope ass post, that is idiocy. He has been measured, no not by pictures and conjecture, but by the NBA teams. He is 6'6.5", with 7"0.5" reach, solid size. I like Cam a lot, but disputing objective, verifiable measurements is not kinda unnecessary.

Was just over on CNN\SI and watched a 20 minute hi light film of Cam Reddish at Duke. Had to keep reminding myself that he wasn't 100% healthy.

Smooth shooter, without hesitation, from anywhere and everywhere on the court.  Heard the announcer say that his defense was under rated by most.  Wow!  All this good stuff and he plays great defense!  How cool is that....

Seems that the Hawks were just holding their breath after their pick at #4 until they got their turn again at #10 and he was there!  After this jackpot grab, they waited and waited.  Their other dream pick was still there and they managed to grab Bruno at #36.

We Hawk fans dream of things like this summer's draft.  If these three players are as good as we here on the Squawk think, Atlanta is building something very special here.  Too many good things for it all to be bad.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Dude, no. His measurements at the draft combine are his measurements. He measured 6'6.5" in May. That is his full adult height. That is not a dope ass post, that is idiocy. He has been measured, no not by pictures and conjecture, but by the NBA teams. He is 6'6.5", with 7"0.5" reach, solid size. I like Cam a lot, but disputing objective, verifiable measurements is not kinda unnecessary.

A person can’t grow? Ohhhkay.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

2.5 inches in 2 months seems unlikely but we'll find out when the season starts.  By then he might be 7'0'' if he has gone from 6'6.5'' to 6'9'' in just two months!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

2.5 inches in 2 months seems unlikely but we'll find out when the season starts.  By then he might be 7'0'' if he has gone from 6'6.5'' to 6'9'' in just two months!

He was listed at 6'8 with shoes and now looks 6'9. He is at least an inch shorter than Bruno when he was just an incher taller than Zion during the draft. 

McGrady was listed at 6.6'5 with shoes but grew an inch in the NBA. Was around 6'7.5 with shoes in Orlando.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

6’8 in shoes in mid May, 6’9 in shoes late August. Streeeeetch 💫

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

31 minutes ago, AHF said:

Scottie Pippen was 6’1 when he graduated high school. He grew to an NBA height of 6’8...

Dennis Rodman graduated high school at 5’6. When he turned 19 he grew 14” to 6’8...

Tim Duncan was only 6’3 at age 17. He would then grow to an NBA height of 6’11. 

Lamar Odom was only 6’2 when he graduated high school. He grew until his junior year of college, to 6’9.

Certainly a 19 year old Cam Reddish can grow an inch from mid May to late August. Or naw?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

Scottie Pippen was 6’1 when he graduated high school. He grew to an NBA height of 6’8...

Dennis Rodman graduated high school at 5’6. When he turned 19 he grew 14” to 6’8...

Tim Duncan was only 6’3 at age 17. He would then grow to an NBA height of 6’11. 

Lamar Odom was only 6’2 when he graduated high school. He grew until his junior year of college, to 6’9.

Certainly a 19 year old Cam Reddish can grow an inch from mid May to late August. Or naw?

Odom grew in HS. I don't even think he stayed in college that long

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Odom grew in HS. I don't even think he stayed in college that long

Yeah, this article has that incorrect:

Lamar Odom - At 6'2 in high school, it seems as though Lamar Odom was destined to be a point guard. Out of the blue, Odom experienced a late growth spurt that saw him grow from 6'2" as a high school senior to 6'9" his junior year of college.”

https://howtheyplay.com/question/which-nba-players-had-late-growth-spurts

Since he only played 1 year, that should’ve read “his freshman year of college.” 

• Like 2