• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

At the end of the day, Cam wants to put in the work. 

That work and effort shows up on defense right away and we’ve seen it. It might take some more time to show up on offense but if the motivation continues it’ll only be a matter of time. 

Even though he is raw, when you are extremely talented, these things can come fast. 

• Like 3

Even though Hunter has been better than Reddish and has higher floor, I much more excited for Cam and what he can become with his extremely high ceiling. I honestly think Hunter will just end up being just an ok role player, I just don't see it in him to be anything more than that. People are going to hate me for saying this, but he reminds me a lot of Minnesota Wesley Johnson...

Edited by BudBall

40 minutes ago, BudBall said:

Even though Hunter has been better than Reddish and has higher floor, I much more excited for Cam and what he can become with his extremely high ceiling. I honestly think Hunter will just end up being just an ok role player, I just don't see it in him to be anything more than that. People are going to hate me for saying this, but he reminds me a lot of Minnesota Wesley Johnson...

He is has very good BBIQ, an excellent body, Wes was 195 and 23, Hunter is 228 and 21. Hunter goals is Shane Battier and his real goal is a rich man's Shane Battier but nothing about him screams superstar. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He is has very good BBIQ, an excellent body, Wes was 195 and 23, Hunter is 228 and 21. Hunter goals is Shane Battier and his real goal is a rich man's Shane Battier but nothing about him screams superstar. 

Shane Battier.  When he was playing, he was my favorite non Hawk player and I always hoped that we would trade for him.  Just to think that Hunter may be a clone of Battier is an exciting thought to me.

A rich man's Battier!  Add Cam and Bruno to the other young Hawks makes me believe the future of the Hawks will be much better than the present.  Hurry up and grow up, baby birds!!

:dance3:

• Like 3

13 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I know this got blocked by Allen by OMG at this move by Cam, pure Jamal Crawford. 

That’s the one I mentioned that same night. This was his best move of the night. You know what type of fast twitch athlete that move reminded me of...I don’t use this much at all...my main man Barry Sanders! Shook. I became a Lions fan 30 years ago because of the #20. Top 10 pure athlete in any sport ever imo. 

🤒 move indeed.I also kinda likened him a bit to Mike which I rarely do as well. 

Some guys get into the league and have to learn how to play basketball, pure basketball..Cam doesn’t have that problem. Probably the top 10 rookie in the NBA the last 30+ years with strictly natural basketball skill.

With time comes maturity and strength.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Shane Battier.  When he was playing, he was my favorite non Hawk player and I always hoped that we would trade for him.  Just to think that Hunter may be a clone of Battier is an exciting thought to me.

A rich man's Battier!  Add Cam and Bruno to the other young Hawks makes me believe the future of the Hawks will be much better than the present.  Hurry up and grow up, baby birds!!

:dance3:

Agreed on Shane gramps. There we’re strong rumors of us actually drafting Shane had we not moved up in the lottery draft to 3rd and taken Gasol before the Reef trade. Had we not hit the top 3 that year there’s a chance we may have taken him. Culture setter, team dude. Loved whose ur daddy too!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s the one I mentioned that same night. This was his best move of the night. You know what type of fast twitch athlete that move reminded me of...I don’t use this much at all...my main man Barry Sanders! Shook. I became a Lions fan 30 years ago because of the #20. Top 10 pure athlete in any sport ever imo. 

🤒 move indeed.I also kinda likened him a bit to Mike which I rarely do as well. 

Some guys get into the league and have to learn how to play basketball, pure basketball..Cam doesn’t have that problem. Probably the top 10 rookie in the NBA the last 30+ years with strictly natural basketball skill.

With time comes maturity and strength.

For me skill means the ability to do something well. Clarke and Zion are very skilled.

Cam is exceptionally talented. It's turning those talents into skill. 

While on offense, Cam feels like an out of HS type drafted in the 2nd round. The thing he has over them is high level awareness for a 1 and done. He has had a year in structured Basketball which no fresh outta HS has ever had outside of Kobe as of course, he is an one & done.

Since this is the case, Cam turnaround time could be much much quicker than the fresh out of HS types and his coaching and league is a lot more advanced so that should help too. Cam could average 15-20ppg in the 2nd half of the season and it wouldn't surprise me. 

It's rare that guys are this talented with this type of skill-set at the 2. Cam talent goes back to McGrady and Kobe. He doesn't have the same explosiveness as those two but he is much faster and his moves are quicker. He is fast like DeAaron Fox in the open court but agile with the rock like Jamal Crawford. Ain't too many guys this damn talented. 

Teams were down on him because he is as raw on offense as an out of HS 2nd rounder but the joke is on them. Add his defensive polish and talent, he really should have went top 3-4. No disrespect to Hunter. He is an excellent player and someone we need.

That move before the midrange jumper after the rebound was pure McGrady. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3