• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome To Atlanta Bruno Fernando

NBASupes

Just now, AHF said:

I also think you can count on an as yet unidentified FA in the rotation.

Apparently everyone is but i think I'll be happy with a bunch of Bruno minutes by mid season.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Think forty eight minutes of Len and Bruno at C might surprise us in a good way. Give it thirty games or so and am expecting just that result. Trae will help make it work no doubt.

We are putting a lot on Trae's shoulders...the boy needs help down low...maybe this is just an ingenious move by Schlenk to really sharpen Trae's passing skills. Thinking that if you can make Len look good, think of what you could do with a center that could actually catch the ball and finish. Lol!

I'm sorry, I think people are severely underrating both Len and Bruno. Len made huge strides for us last year and improved his finishing towards the end of the year. 

Bruno, this kid is an NBA ready rim-running big right now. He plays with aggression and power, and finishes with the best of them. He showed signs of being able to knock down threes in his workouts and Hawks U. will most definitely encourage him to take those in the game, see Alex Len last year. 

For the kind of usage Trae and our wings are going to occupy I dont see the importance of a plodding bruiser down low. I think both Collins and DeAndre will get several touches in the mid-post this year where they can both be very effective if we choose to play that way in the half court. But based on our style, our bigs will be featured heavily in PnR and PnP which I really see Bruno excelling at. 

Defensively, I see Bruno playing through fouls at this point as he will most likely challenge everything at the rim that he can get to. I think with better defense on the wing Len could be more efficient defensively as well. The way we are building, Collins is your high volume rebounder, you just want guys that can help challenge shots while he is wrestling for position. Bruno can do that just fine.

I cant wait for the trades to become official and Summer League to start so you all can see just how good Bruno is right now. Same with Hunter but for different reasons. These kids got game and have something to offer us right out of the gates. Dont let falling to the 2nd round fool you, this draft was pretty even from late lottery to the low 40's. Youre looking at a top 20 talent in Bruno.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

We are putting a lot on Trae's shoulders...the boy needs help down low...maybe this is just an ingenious move by Schlenk to really sharpen Trae's passing skills. Thinking that if you can make Len look good, think of what you could do with a center that could actually catch the ball and finish. Lol!

Trae can handle it. I'm looking back at his rookie year and he is not only advanced for a rookie or young player, he is more advanced than a lot of veterans already. He has the goods, and is a natural leader. Look at the stats these guys like D. Russell, K. Walker, CP3, and Kyrie put up the past couple of years. Those are guys earning max money and Trae Youngs stats are right there with them. Guys, you're looking at a star. This aint no Joe Johnson psuedo-star, no, he is the real deal Holyfield in the making.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Dejay said:

No doubt about that, Hunter and Bruno already look the part as far as NBA players go. And as for Omari, he appears to be using the John 'Hot Plate' Williams (of Washington Bullets' fame) approach to dieting and exercise. As many of us found out over the years, all of the exercising in the world won't help if you're emptying out a rib shack every other day...

I remember him early on when he was slim but not the blow up.  “Hot Plate,” what a nickname lol. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I remember him early on when he was slim but not the blow up.  “Hot Plate,” what a nickname lol. 

We need hot plate to turn into hot rod (hundley or Williams). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Stepping up time so very soon. May not be a problem at all for Bruno.

Can you explain the mystery of why players look stiff in college tapes and get to the nba and they look more fluid and faster from NBA cameras 🎥. Seriously it’s gone on for years. I thought an OG like urself might have a idea 💡 ?

Its seriously a mystery to me. 

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Can you explain the mystery of why players look stiff in college tapes and get to the nba and they look more fluid and faster from NBA cameras 🎥. Seriously it’s gone on for years. I thought an OG like urself might have a idea 💡 ?

Its seriously a mystery to me. 

A wild guess? The college game is almost restricted by coaching at times, over coaching if you will. The NBA has more of that Greyhound thing going on. Just my peek here.

• Like 1

Just now, Thomas said:

A wild guess? The college game is almost restricted by coaching at times, over coaching if you will. The NBA has more of that Greyhound thing going on. Just my peek here.

The flow...nothing congested. I dig! Thanks OG.

• Like 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hard to criticize some of these hard nosed college coaches, though.  Like Hunter was definitely held back from showing more offensive game by Virginia's system.  Which won a national championship by doing so.  College coaches absolutely have more control over their players and have every incentive to have team success rather than in the NBA where a star player may have more leverage than the coach and is liable to mutiny if he isn't fed the volume of shots he wants.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hard to criticize some of these hard nosed college coaches, though.  Like Hunter was definitely held back from showing more offensive game by Virginia's system.  Which won a national championship by doing so.  College coaches absolutely have more control over their players and have every incentive to have team success rather than in the NBA where a star player may have more leverage than the coach and is liable to mutiny if he isn't fed the volume of shots he wants.

Was not criticizing anyone really. Just an observation that seems to have stood the test of time. NBA is not NCAA. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Bigger Theo Ratliff

Kinda. Ya I can see that a little. Theo had that skinny scrawny strong body but Bruno is thick. I agree though on the way they react  to getting up for a swat.

• Like 2