• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome To Atlanta Bruno Fernando

NBASupes

27 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

Don't forget we got an injured Theo.

Understood. Watched him a good bit in Detroit and thought of him as a fast break starter. Block it with a good chance of finishing it. Much earlier years though.

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Kinda. Ya I can see that a little. Theo had that skinny scrawny strong body but Bruno is thick. I agree though on the way they react  to getting up for a swat.

Theo's big downfall was that he was an amazing shot eraser from a help position but really struggled to body up strong centers and power forwards.  Always limited his true effectiveness on D because his block totals made it look like he should have been DPOY at some point but he could really get manhandled.

Was still a good player but more like a rich man's John Henson in my mind.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AHF said:

Theo's big downfall was that he was an amazing shot eraser from a help position but really struggled to body up strong centers and power forwards.  Always limited his true effectiveness on D because his block totals made it look like he should have been DPOY at some point but he could really get manhandled.

Was still a good player but more like a rich man's John Henson in my mind.

That’s it! Henson! Rich man’s for sure but same lankiness. Good call.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes I have real confidence Bruno is our starting center by December. That’s my boldest prediction for the hawks this season next to 48 wins

I hope so. From Chris, he is saying Bruno is a fast learning. Could this be another Kevin Huerter? I hope so.

Youth is not a indicator of regular season success or lack thereof although the lack of key vets is for the playoffs.

Talent, fit, system and coaching will always win out in the NBA regular season 

Edited by NBASupes

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope so. From Chris, he is saying Bruno is a fast learning. Could this be another Kevin Huerter? I hope so.

Youth is not a indicator of regular season success or lack thereof although the lack of key vets is for the playoffs.

Talent, fit, system and coaching will always win out in the NBA regular season 

I agree. When we get to the playoffs all of our young rising stars will have to learn how to win all over again. There will be some struggles due to lack of playoff experience no doubt but I wholeheartedly believe this team could slide into the post season which will be  a lot earlier than what many think

5 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

We should temper expectations, on summer league he showed he still is far from contributing, give thw guy some time

Won’t be upset either way. But you have to play young guys so that they get better. Can’t get better being on the bench.

• Like 1

hace 5 minutos, JTB dijo:

Won’t be upset either way. But you have to play young guys so that they get better. Can’t get better being on the bench.

And I am fine with that but expecting Bruno to be a starter by December, shooting 3pts, defending well the post... I think is going to take som time and you don't want to constantly expose a guy if he is getting destroyed on defense or is inoperant on defense. I saw him really lost on the court and he was outrebounded, Hopefully practicing with the team solves it but most likely he will not play more than 20 min this year, even after all-star

• Like 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, JTB said:

@NBASupes I have real confidence Bruno is our starting center by December. That’s my boldest prediction for the hawks this season next to 48 wins

Like the optimism.  This is the time for it!

• Like 3

How big is Bruno?  I have read anywhere from 6' 7" to 6'10" and three inches can make a difference.  All seem to think that his arms are long but I've also read that he has narrow shoulders.

Apparently, we read that he improved a lot from year one to year two.  Some say he's still not close to what he needs to be. But he's a fast learner, so we are told.  Big, but not big?  He looks pretty big to me.  Bull in a china shop as opposed to silky smooth, he may grow from one to the other.

Raw, meaning unripe.  But with the ability to ripen.  He will grow for us.  How much and how fast we will wait and see.

18 hours ago, gurpilo said:

And I am fine with that but expecting Bruno to be a starter by December, shooting 3pts, defending well the post... I think is going to take som time and you don't want to constantly expose a guy if he is getting destroyed on defense or is inoperant on defense. I saw him really lost on the court and he was outrebounded, Hopefully practicing with the team solves it but most likely he will not play more than 20 min this year, even after all-star

Lol who’s expecting that ? ....

Huerter didn’t take off as soon as he entered the starting lineup and even after getting some games under his belt he had some good, some average, some bad....but the point is at least in my opinion Huerter started because of his high BBIQ and efforts.

huerter seem to have understood what LP was trying to implement better than prince and Baze. That’s why he got the opportunity and for the most part kept his position.

I don’t see it as automatic high expectations cause you start a rookie.  I see it as we (Hawks) will go through the bumps and bruises with the rookie as long as they can show understanding, potential, and commitment ! As long as you show that ...you will stay on the floor.

yes Bruno looked lost in SL just like many rookies. So what...Means absolutely nothing.

Everything I’ve read says Bruno is a fast learner, plus he has good potential, and at least judging his character he’s a team first guy....I’m not saying he won’t struggle but I believe he will be starter by December! That doesn’t mean he’s going to be hitting 3s, playing solid defense just cause he’s starter in December. ....with young guys sometimes you just have to take your punches as they figure it out.

48 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

How big is Bruno?  I have read anywhere from 6' 7" to 6'10" and three inches can make a difference.  All seem to think that his arms are long but I've also read that he has narrow shoulders.

Apparently, we read that he improved a lot from year one to year two.  Some say he's still not close to what he needs to be. But he's a fast learner, so we are told.  Big, but not big?  He looks pretty big to me.  Bull in a china shop as opposed to silky smooth, he may grow from one to the other.

Raw, meaning unripe.  But with the ability to ripen.  He will grow for us.  How much and how fast we will wait and see.

6’10....never saw anywhere saying he was 6’7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JTB said:

6’10....never saw anywhere saying he was 6’7

And more importantly: 7’3.5” wingspan plus serious hops. Bruno will be swatting shots (2pg last year) and pulling down rebounds (10.6pg last year).

• Like 4