• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still too early roster projections - opening night vs final game 2019-2020

sturt

So after all the moves I think this could be the rotation if everybody is healthy that is a big IF

Trae (35)/Turner (8)/Reddish(5)/Adams

Huerter(30)/Crabbe(12)/Reddish(6)/Charlie Brown

Hunter(30)/Reddish(18)/Bembry

Collins(25)/Parker(23)/Parsons

Len(25)/Collins(10)/Jones(8)/Bruno(5)

I think Parker's addition is going to limit Bruno's minutes but I also expect Len and Jones to be injured often so should be minutes for him and whoever we add at Center if we finnally add someone.

I also think that might be hard to find minutes for Bembry, which is sad for me because I like the player, I think at  the end he will play some due  to injuries and the fact that Turner might struggle a bit as backup PG on the 2nd unit...Anyway I think Bembry might be a candidate for a trade at trade deadline.

• Premium Member

Thought this little snippet from LP was interesting:

Pierce threw out the possibility of Fernando possibly playing some power forward this season, too, with Collins playing center in those lineups. There’s going to be a lot of experimentation around Fernando’s fit. Pierce has been adamant on not cementing a long-term position for Collins just yet but noted how successful he was in Year 2 playing primarily the 4, and they don’t necessarily want to change something that is working well. But the possibility of the two playing positions that they normally aren’t accustomed to is out there.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't really see any important distinction... the two are going to be on the floor together, and its not especially important, imo, which is considered the 4 or the 5.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Best conjecture I can make on 7/18 is that Schlenk's roster is awaiting the decisions by Livingston and Uncle Vince, and depending on which one, if either, decides to cast his 2019-2020 lot with the Hawks, a two-way signing will follow... and possibly will be a re-signing of one of last season's two-ways, with either Adams coming back (if VC) or Poythress (if Livingston.)

Alas, I think @marco102's hopes of seeing Justin Patton given a shot, and mine for that matter, are, um, shot.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, sturt said:

I don't really see any important distinction... the two are going to be on the floor together, and its not especially important, imo, which is considered the 4 or the 5.

To me, it only matters on defense.  Which guy are you going to defend.  Who is the PF or C on offense doesn't mean much.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, AHF said:

To me, it only matters on defense.  Which guy are you going to defend.  Who is the PF or C on offense doesn't mean much.

And even then.... if we're switching like the head coach says he wants to do switching... ???

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, sturt said:

And even then.... if we're switching like the head coach says he wants to do switching... ???

I’m always a bit wary about rampant switching because of the potential to let opponents pick their matchup.  Woody let us get exploited like that at times.  I’d want to see it in practice because I default to thinking it matters which guy you pickup on D by default.

On 7/18/2019 at 10:03 AM, sturt said:

Best conjecture I can make on 7/18 is that Schlenk's roster is awaiting the decisions by Livingston and Uncle Vince, and depending on which one, if either, decides to cast his 2019-2020 lot with the Hawks, a two-way signing will follow... and possibly will be a re-signing of one of last season's two-ways, with either Adams coming back (if VC) or Poythress (if Livingston.)

Alas, I think @marco102's hopes of seeing Justin Patton given a shot, and mine for that matter, are, um, shot.

My wishlist is that we bring in both Livingston and Vince to round out the roster. That kind of leadership would be too lit in the locker room for our guys.

Young, Turner, Livingston

Huerter, Bembry, Crabbe

Hunter, Reddish, Vince

Collins, Parker, Parsons

Len, Bruno, Jones

That would be such a balanced group with young potential and veteran presence.

6) 1st to 3rd year guys (young, figuring out the league )

5) 4-7 year guys (pros, prime years, seeking or on 2nd contracts)

4) 8+ year guys (vets, mentors, seen it all done it all)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, sturt said:

More interested in yours, or at least, just-as.

Stopped my subscription after or maybe just before the draft.

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I did a partial one awhile back. I'll look for it.

From memory:

Starters: Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Len.

1st sub: Bembry for Huerter.

When Trae and Hunter Subs out: Turner in along with Huerter back in along with Reddish.

So the 2nd unit is Turner, Huerter, Reddish, Parker, and Damion at C.

That's as far as I got.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

From memory:

Starters: Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Len.

1st sub: Bembry for Huerter.

When Trae and Hunter Subs out: Turner in along with Huerter back in along with Reddish.

So the 2nd unit is Turner, Huerter, Reddish, Parker, and Damion at C.

That's as far as I got.

Average game minutes?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh there’s no OT.

Cam had 50/20/10 in a 121-97 blowout win! 😉 

A season without OT games is less of a long shot gamble than predicting a 50/20/10 season I suppose.

• Haha 2

On 7/27/2019 at 1:24 PM, Spud2nique said:

Oh there’s no OT.

Cam had 50/20/10 in a 121-97 blowout win! 😉 

I gave you a “laugh” even though you stole my line with the 50/20/10 joke 🤣

1 hour ago, hazer said:

I gave you a “laugh” even though you stole my line with the 50/20/10 joke 🤣

Lol really? When? I’m not say I didn’t I just didn’t know I was doing it. My bad. But we swap all the time anyways lol 😂 

Ur my burner

Or am I urs?

• Haha 1