• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Still too early roster projections - opening night vs final game 2019-2020

sturt

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol really? When? I’m not say I didn’t I just didn’t know I was doing it. My bad. But we swap all the time anyways lol 😂 

Ur my burner

Or am I urs?

Meaning I was about to respond with the same comment but you beat me too it 😬

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hazer said:

Meaning I was about to respond with the same comment but you beat me too it 😬

Oh I thought you meant you had said it before. I just thought 💭 the ziggy bedspread had seeped into my brain 🧠.

😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
On 7/25/2019 at 7:07 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Can someone post snippets of his guess at the rotations? Thanks.

On 7/27/2019 at 10:15 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

From memory:

Starters: Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Collins, Len.

1st sub: Bembry for Huerter.

When Trae and Hunter Subs out: Turner in along with Huerter back in along with Reddish.

So the 2nd unit is Turner, Huerter, Reddish, Parker, and Damion at C.

That's as far as I got.

Snippets:

What the Hawks’ rotations might look like with new additions and whose minutes might get squeezed.

We want fans to have an idea of what they can expect out of the teams’ rotations and how the collective 240 minutes across the five positions would be split up each night. here’s a look at what the depth chart could look like come opening night:

PG - Trae Young, Evan Turner

SG - Kevin Huerter, Cam Reddish, Allen Crabbe

SF - DeAndre Hunter, DeAndre Bembry, Chandler Parsons

PF - John Collins, Jabari Parker

C - Alex Len, Bruno Fernando, Damian Jones

We already know that the main objective for the Hawks this season is much of the same as it was last season — play the young players as much as possible to get an idea of what they might bring to this organization in the future. Eight players enter this season with three years or fewer of experience in the league, and not one of the players currently under contract has played more than 10 years in the league.

Depth at point guard and center could become an issue this season as the only backup for Trae Young right now is Evan Turner...The depth at point guard isn’t an issue right now, but it will be if Young has to miss any period of extended time. The depth at center is also a major question mark after losing Dewayne Dedmon in free agency to Sacramento.

Head coach Lloyd Pierce said he would be cautious with Collins’ minutes at the five because of the success he had at the four this past season.

The amount of positional versatility on the roster should allow Pierce to experiment with a wide variety of different looks though with only Young, Allen Crabbe, Len and Jones truly locked into playing only one position. As for the rookies, Fernando will experiment at the four, Cam Reddish can play one to three, and Hunter can play three to five in certain lineups.

There might not be a more affected player with the team’s offseason additions than DeAndre’ Bembry, who likely will experience the biggest reduction of minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I already made mines

1. If relatively healthy, we win 44 games minimum 

2. Two all stars, John and Trae

3. We see fours players in the rookie v. Sophomore game 

4. Reddish is 1st team all rookie as well as getting serious ROY votes and Hunter is on the all rookie team as well. Either 1st or 2nd team.

5. LP gets some Coach of the year votes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Collins is the most important. 

I’d say Trae again. I know we are limited in big men and Collins is vital but Trae gets the engine running. Trae is best and most important player to me.

Collins is a walking double double (20/10) which he almost got last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I keep hearing, "We are limited in big men" and I continue to wonder.  Are the Hawks really this bad at center?  Or, is each and every other NBA team really so much better than Atlanta's three that makes us look that bad?

It's true that the Hawk centers will not receive all star votes.  But, surely there must be other NBA teams that are not as good as Atlanta's three.  Perhaps they have a great center.  Then, the two behind him are not as grand.

I continue to believe that the Hawks center position is solid.  Not great, but good.  We lost Dedmon and Spellman.  We kept Alex Len and have added Damain Jones and Bruno Fernando.  We may be bad.  We may be good.  I vote good!

:smug:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

We are limited in big men"

Just wanted to clarify. By limited I didn’t mean the number of guys and I don’t mean to discount Jones or Bruno or even Len. All I’m saying is that Collins is heads and shoulders above any of the aforementioned guys. If we were to lose Collins for a bit I still believe Trae would be able to get the ball to guys in the right positions to score and be effective. It’s just more room for error with John involved because he’s so good.

My point was though as much as we’d miss John, if Trae went down we’d be in bigger trouble imo. Huerter, Turner, and others would be our primary backup ball handlers but I think we’d be in a bit more trouble missing Trae than Collins.

Having said that...

Most important:

1. Trae

1A. Collins

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@NBASupes. Has there been any update on the Missing Crabbe? 

Is he still looking for a trade, to be bought out? What's the deal?

Why would you even ask Supes about Crabbe? 🤦‍♀️ Now ur just trollin me Bird.

Supes: Allen Crabbe is the worst basketball player in the history of basketball.

Me: Now he’s our top 3 shooter on the team.

Supes: He’s a deadbeat.

Me: Ok sounds good. 👌 

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why would you even ask Supes about Crabbe? 🤦‍♀️ Now ur just trollin me Bird.

Supes: Allen Crabbe is the worst basketball player in the history of basketball.

Me: Now he’s our top 3 shooter on the team.

Supes: He’s a deadbeat.

Me: Ok sounds good. 👌 

I asked @NBASupes since at the time of the trade he said 'through his sources, his guys in the know' that Crabbe was going to request a buyout.

Let me know when you get 'sources' :hehe:.

Crabbe still hasn't been formally introduced here in Atl, I haven't seen/read that he's working out with team, don't even know if he's in Atlanta.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let me know when you get 'sources' 

Does @kg01 channeling his inner Frank Isola count as a source? 😆 

Ya no I don’t have a source. We do have @Dejay‘s son though who said we were piling up Andrew Bynum as a free agent about 5 years back 😂 I hope I have the right guy in DJ here otherwise this is awkward. 😏 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Does @kg01 channeling his inner Frank Isola count as a source? 😆 

Ya no I don’t have a source. We do have @Dejay‘s son though who said we were piling up Andrew Bynum as a free agent about 5 years back 😂 I hope I have the right guy in DJ here otherwise this is awkward. 😏 

If @kg01 has 'crabs',  sources - don't want none :hehe:

• Haha 1