• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bugs and Technical Issues on Site

AHF

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Why am I getting this error trying to get into the "Ask Supes" Topic? I know the answer is 500 posts....but why?? I need those updates lol

Sorry, there is a problem

Sorry you must have at least 500 posts to be able to participate in this forum.

Error code: 2F173/H

IIRC, Admin set it at 500 posts to qualify as a Senior Member to get to that forum.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Sothron said:

holy moses I'm back for the first time in a bit and the whole site is completely changed. Is it possible to get it back to what it looked like before? I know you guys are doing this as volunteers and I appreciate the hard work.

I'm not seeing anything drastic other than it's super fast now.   maybe something is jacked up in your browser cache or something?

• Premium Member

holy moses I'm back for the first time in a bit and the whole site is completely changed. Is it possible to get it back to what it looked like before? I know you guys are doing this as volunteers and I appreciate the hard work.

Just now, macdaddy said:

I'm not seeing anything drastic other than it's super fast now.   maybe something is jacked up in your browser cache or something?

Same...all good here!

• Moderators

There was a mandatory update to keep the site running.  Check the theme you are running on on the bottom of your screen if it looks completely different and make sure you have the right one.  There are some bugs being worked out from the update but not anything quite that big.

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, AHF said:

There was a mandatory update to keep the site running.  Check the theme you are running on on the bottom of your screen if it looks completely different and make sure you have the right one.  There are some bugs being worked out from the update but not anything quite that big.

I have 3 theme options my default says "DEFAULT DO NOT EDIT". The forum background is white. The headers at the top are blue and the "submit reply" button is blue. The second option down looks like the default one. The third option is this horrible volt crap that I would never use. 

The theme I used for years was the theme we had before the horrible volt theme came out. I'm hoping we can get that back.

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have 3 theme options my default says "DEFAULT DO NOT EDIT". The forum background is white. The headers at the top are blue and the "submit reply" button is blue. The second option down looks like the default one. The third option is this horrible volt crap that I would never use. 

The theme I used for years was the theme we had before the horrible volt theme came out. I'm hoping we can get that back.

This is on mobile or on desktop?

• Admin

The volt theme is the Hawksquawk Enhanced theme ... the forum has changed a lot of things which is why a lot of stuff is off.  As I get time here and there I am trying to locate the changes as well as things that not working.  Unfortunately, it is not remotely obvious from the backend.  They have renamed a number of objects which has played some havoc and so it’s going to take some time.  Might be easier just to create a new theme ... either way I might go with the new colors for the 20/21 unis when all is said and done 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all your work,  @capstone21!

The only thing I have had any issue with is the appearance of members' avatars on mobile. They are larger than before, which looks good, but they cover the member's name. And the text of their posts overlap the avatars, so they are difficult to read, unless they quote a post, which lays over top the avatars. 

I have screen shots if you need them. I can't figure out how to share them in this post, but I may be able to DM them to you.

It may just be a setting that I need to change or something. 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Thank you for all your work,  @capstone21!

The only thing I have had any issue with is the appearance of members' avatars on mobile. They are larger than before, which looks good, but they cover the member's name. And the text of their posts overlap the avatars, so they are difficult to read, unless they quote a post, which lays over top the avatars. 

I have screen shots if you need them. I can't figure out how to share them in this post, but I may be able to DM them to you.

It may just be a setting that I need to change or something. 

Hi, yeah looks like I have some work to do on mobile side.  I spent my time on the desktop side ... I guess I hoped it would translate via responsive design

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Dnice said:

The comment box doesn't work on explorer for me, so I had to use Chrome... we might have to leave the old alternate hawks shorts logo up top... lol

Looking good though.

Are you using Microsoft Edge or Explorer?  Explorer has been replaced by Edge in 2015 and Explorer has not been updated.