• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

This has buyout written all over it...

Which means we better be gettin some 1sts or sumthin!

What gives?  Did we owe POR a favor?

ETA: At leaset Baze has community/culture value.

Edited by kg01

If there is a positive, Turner is a better passer and dribbler than Bazemore. But not quite the shooter or defender. Not quite the leader either or the locker room guy Kent is. This is an elite move for Kent. Total situation upgrade. It's clear, TS and team want playmakers and valuable that A LOT. 

1 minute ago, Dejay said:

This has buyout written all over it...

I disagree, Turner can get solid mins. He's not Crabbe. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

If there is a positive, Turner is a better passer and dribbler than Bazemore. But not quite the shooter or defender. Not quite the leader either or the locker room guy Kent is. This is an elite move for Kent. Total situation upgrade. It's clear, TS and team want playmakers and valuable that A LOT. 

But do we want/need him getting minutes over our young guys?

• Like 4

Just now, cam1218 said:

Any chance this might have something to do with opening up some minutes for our rookies? It'll be easier to stick Turner at the end of the bench (if needed) than a true pro like Bazemore. His contract is awful but he was a great team guy. Best of luck, Baze!

Good point!

• Like 2

Just now, AHF said:

Dumb trade in isolation because Baze had actual trade value to a contender this year while Turner has none.  What contender wants a wing who shoots 21% from 3pt range?  I don't know Turner from Adam on a personal level but he may be one of my least favorite players in the entire NBA.  His inability to shoot a jumper crushes the spacing on the floor for other players and he isn't a good enough defender to make up for it.  

There has to be either another move or picks coming here.

This seems like a favor to Bazemore trade. Loyal, but wasn't going to get many mins with Bembry ahead of him, it seems like the Dorsey trade to me. 

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But do we want/need him getting minutes over our young guys?

Hell naw. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yup that’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw the trade! If there’s any positive it’s that part for us