• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

On 6/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, thecampster said:

So I took some time to really dive into what the hell the Turner haters are thinking. Honestly I can't figure it out.

Last season, Baze played 2 more minutes per game, yet

Turner beats Baze 

FG% 46% vs 40%

RBG - 4.5 vs 3.9

APG - 3.9 vs 2.3

TO/G- 1.6 vs 1.8

Baze beats Turner

3PT% 32% vs 21.2% (Kent took 4.5 attempts per game, Turner .7)

Steals 1.3 vs .5

Blocks .6 vs .2

I'm really trying to understand this.  Turner shot 6% better from the floor, Shy'd away from taking 3's and focus'd on creating for others. He posted more rebounds and assists in 10% less minutes per game.  Yes Baze shot better from 3 but he still shot poorly from 3 and took 4.5 shots per game.  Why exactly do we not want this guy at $640k less?  Anyone with a sound argument to why Baze is better?

I think Turner's 6 PPG would probably be a major factor.  6 PPG in 22 MPG suggests we are always going to be playing 4 vs. 5 on offense, when he is on the court.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Watchman said:

I think Turner's 6 PPG would probably be a major factor.  6 PPG in 22 MPG suggests we are always going to be playing 4 vs. 5 on offense, when he is on the court.

Twice as many points as J. Adams averaged

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Watchman said:

It could suggest that he focused on getting his other teammates involved.  Scoring stats by themselves does not tell the full story of a players contribution to the team.

Just now, AtlHomer said:

It could suggest that he focused on getting his other teammates involved.  Scoring stats by themselves does not tell the full story of a players contribution to the team.

Maybe we should have pursued Lonzo Ball.  

• Haha 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Last month of the season Adams average 18 minutes per game.  16 minutes per game in March

Adams isn’t a credible nba player and won’t block us from doing anything.  Turner is a fatally flawed nba player but he earns so much it is likely to bar us from acquiring a better option.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Turner will be fine.  I think we will come to appreciate him.  It's a new system.

He has not been good in any system and has been in the NBA for 9 years.  The best we can hope for is a mixed bag with good defense and solid playmaking.

• Like 1