Hawks trade Bazemore to Portland for E. Turner

JTB

• Premium Member

I made my other thread too soon. There is no value to Turner. We were out of Baze's contract after this upcoming season. How many years are left on Turner's deal? He has easily been one of the worst contract in the NBA for years now. He is a garbage player that is as useless as Plumless.

I am shocked we traded for him in a straight up deal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Right now, I got our 2nd unit as:

Turner

Bembry

Hunter or Reddish

VC

Omari or Wagner

It's clear this unit job is to make stop, get on transition and don't f*** up too much so when the 1st unit is back, we can hit the ground running. 

I would just like for them to cut Plumlee or Hill but that's not likely to happen till Jan. 

Im telling ya, Reddish will be given the keys to the second unit. Similar to Harden in OKC, he will be the primary ball handler/playmaker. Our offense fell off a cliff when Trae sat last year. 

Hunter fits in perfectly with our starters, Cam will get his minutes with the man crew as well to close out halves, but he will be the ball handler off the bench, and his game will return to more of his HS days as a result.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

First, you realize there's no source to that theory.... that's just something Chouinard said, and then Kirschner regurgitated.... right? 

Second, give me Bembry over Turner. Bembry's played PG and played it somewhat effectively for someone who only occasionally did so. Turner evidently hasn't played that role in years.

And no one seems to want to acknowledge it, but we actually have 15 players.... Anderson is technically on the roster until 6/29, and no one has said yet that Schlenk isn't going to offer him a QO.... probably won't, but just being accurate here.

Come on, we don't have a backup PG. Adams is likely heading on another two way contract turning him into the new Magette. I am have been under the idea that we will be adding Wagner as the 14th man and that Adams and whoever else we get from the Lakers will be cut. That VC is the target. Where is PG in there if Adams is cut? Is it Reddish? Bembry? We just moved Bazemore. It's Turner. 

Just now, RedDawg#8 said:

Im telling ya, Reddish will be given the keys to the second unit. Similar to Harden in OKC, he will be the primary ball handler/playmaker. Our offense fell off a cliff when Trae sat last year. 

Hunter fits in perfectly with our starters, Cam will get his minutes with the man crew as well to close out halves, but he will be the ball handler off the bench, and his game will return to more of his HS days as a result.  

I think Atlanta sees Cam as starter personally speaking. 

Just now, Sothron said:

I made my other thread too soon. There is no value to Turner. We were out of Baze's contract after this upcoming season. How many years are left on Turner's deal? He has easily been one of the worst contract in the NBA for years now. He is a garbage player that is as useless as Plumless.

They're both expiring contracts and Baze makes about $600K more. The main difference between the two is perception. As evidenced by posts like these. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, High5 said:

They're both expiring contracts and Baze makes about $600K more. The main difference between the two is perception. As evidenced by posts like these. 

It isn't perception to call  Turner a garbage player when he has been exactly that. We have the joy of being the only franchise with two huge contracts to complete garbage players in Turner and Plumless. The sooner we buy out some of these bums on the roster like Turner and Crabbe the better.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Naw, he is not Plumlee unless. He had a positive VORP in 4/5 seasons. Plumlee is 2/5 as a center. Lin hasn't had a positive VORP in five years. Adams VORP is in the negatives and he barely plays. 

I think Turner is much better than ya'll giving him credit for. He is not f***ing trash like Plumlee. He just isn't as good as Bazemore and doesn't provide the person that Baze is or the locker room guy that Baze is but if you wanted a backup PG, Turner is superior to Baze in that role. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He's an expiring also. Only implication cap-wise is we free up 600k this year. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even as a below average PG, he is better than Adams or most of our available options at the position. Bazemore is clearly better but Turner would solve a need. Evan expected impact is a tier above Jerryd Bayless impact wise. Not the positive we would want but better than Lin and Bayless. Much better than Adams. 

Can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true.

No need there. We've always had Bembry.

I continue to wonder why our beat writers can only give us weak, even weird, theories.... it's like they don't have Schlenk's phone number or something.

hace 10 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Even as a below average PG, he is better than Adams or most of our available options at the position. Bazemore is clearly better but Turner would solve a need. Evan expected impact is a tier above Jerryd Bayless impact wise. Not the positive we would want but better than Lin and Bayless. Much better than Adams. 

That's right, we got our backup PG for a year, I don't like him but at least he has size, can rebound and pass. Rotoworld is reporting he played 50% of his time as backup PG last season. I already said Baze was the odd man out, he was not going to play. Schlenk traded for Crabbe for a reason, he is a better player for us.

hace 15 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Right now, I got our 2nd unit as:

Turner

Bembry

Hunter or Reddish

VC

Omari or Wagner

It's clear this unit job is to make stop, get on transition and don't f*** up too much so when the 1st unit is back, we can hit the ground running. 

I would just like for them to cut Plumlee or Hill but that's not likely to happen till Jan. 

Don't want to be stubborn but 2nd unit might be more like

Bembry or Turner

Crabbe

Reddish

Omari or Bembry

Bruno or Omari

We might go small with Bembry or Turner as point forward ir add another big, I doubt Omari and Bruno share the court at the same time

Just now, NBASupes said:

I think Atlanta sees Cam as starter personally speaking. 

Eventually yeah, but are we really gonna pretend that he is more ready to start than Hunter? I see the Small lineup with all of our young guys out there happening but not to start games, not yet anyway. 

If he shows that he is ready  and has the game to do so then sure, go for it. But I dont see anything wrong with him coming off the bench and still receiving starters minutes and starters usage

It'll take him much longer to get going each night if all he is doing is working off of Young/Collins pick and rolls. That fits Huerter and Hunter way better because they already have the better off ball game and catch and shoot ability than Cam.

Cam will get in to a rhythm much faster if you inbound to him, have him bring the ball up court and let him create. People wonder why he struggled at Duke and pretend like he wont still be the 3rd best player on this roster come opening night too.  Let him watch the flow of the game, get a feel for what the other team is doing, and then unleash him on 2nd units and let him eat, Once he is in rhythm you can play off of him much better with Trae and JC.  If you force him to be a catch and shoot player to start his career you will be severely disappointed in the results

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

I hate to lose another vet who is GREAT in the lockerroom.  Baz was excellent influence that is hard to replace.  Leadership is so important and with a young team you need guys like Baz to help the kids learn good habits.

This is my concern as well! When you jettison too many of your culture leaders at one time, watch out. Maybe TS sees the right young leaders that are up to the task of keeping our team focused, relaxed and united. At least I hope we have them. If not, this will be a rocky year when adversity hits...and it always will hit every team. 

I wish only the best for Baze. He has been great for ATL and ATL had been great for him. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Come on, we don't have a backup PG. Adams is likely heading on another two way contract turning him into the new Magette. I am have been under the idea that we will be adding Wagner as the 14th man and that Adams and whoever else we get from the Lakers will be cut. That VC is the target. Where is PG in there if Adams is cut? Is it Reddish? Bembry? We just moved Bazemore. It's Turner. 

I repeat. Turner hasn't played PG in years.

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Eventually yeah, but are we really gonna pretend that he is more ready to start than Hunter? I see the Small lineup with all of our young guys out there happening but not to start games, not yet anyway. 

If he shows that he is ready  and has the game to do so then sure, go for it. But I dont see anything wrong with him coming off the bench and still receiving starters minutes and starters usage

It'll take him much longer to get going each night if all he is doing is working off of Young/Collins pick and rolls. That fits Huerter and Hunter way better because they already have the better off ball game and catch and shoot ability than Cam.

Cam will get in to a rhythm much faster if you inbound to him, have him bring the ball up court and let him create. People wonder why he struggled at Duke and pretend like he wont still be the 3rd best player on this roster come opening night too.  Let him watch the flow of the game, get a feel for what the other team is doing, and then unleash him on 2nd units and let him eat, Once he is in rhythm you can play off of him much better with Trae and JC.  If you force him to be a catch and shoot player to start his career you will be severely disappointed in the results

He is more ready at SF than Hunter is. Cam is NBA ready

6 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

That's right, we got our backup PG for a year, I don't like him but at least he has size, can rebound and pass. Rotoworld is reporting he played 50% of his time as backup PG last season. I already said Baze was the odd man out, he was not going to play. Schlenk traded for Crabbe for a reason, he is a better player for us.

Don't want to be stubborn but 2nd unit might be more like

Bembry or Turner

Crabbe

Reddish

Omari or Bembry

Bruno or Omari

We might go small with Bembry or Turner as point forward ir add another big, I doubt Omari and Bruno share the court at the same time

I'll believe it when I see it for Crabbe and Bembry ain't no 4