Resign Dedmon

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member

I would love to resign Dedmon as I believe he is a great fit, possibly even for multiple years.  It seems we can offer $12.8mil or thereabouts based on previous salary and early bird rights.  I hope he is open to taking this offer.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Ded was the only big man that played any defense last year. We need another C until Bruno Fernando is ready to take over. 

Amen.  We have money to spend and he will fit short and long term.  Good locker room guy too.  Likes being here.  Would fit well on a contender also.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I agree.  Dedmon just fits so well.  Good in PnR and PnPop.  Very good 3pt shooter.  Good defender.

Plus I can annoy my entire household by making a pretend phone 📲 call by holding up my 🤙 to my 👂🏽 and waiting for Nique to mention dialing long distance. You know I don’t know how that can get old if ur a diehawk fan. 😊 

Plus he also revived the now lost infamous Millsap AAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE as he gets raked across the 🖐. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 4:33 PM, Spud2nique said:

Ded>Len for me.

👁 test. I dunno stat wise though.

The base stats show Len > Dedmon and it isn't close.  But what that doesn't show is team defense impact which the eye test favors Dedmon.   So stats show the offense was 1.4 pp48 better with Dedmon on the floor vs Len but the defense was 2.1 pp48 worse with Dedmon on the floor vs Len.  So net impact (average) was Len > Dedmon by .7 points per 48.

However, the team gets better defensively with Dedmon off the floor by 1.3 points but the defense is better with Len on the floor than off by 2.2 points.  So defensively team wise Len > Dedmon.

Dedmon

Stat
ON Court
OFF Court
Net
Minutes
40%
Offense: Pts per 100 Poss.
+2.3
Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.
+1.3

Len

Stat
ON Court
OFF Court
Net
Minutes
38%
Offense: Pts per 100 Poss.
+0.0
Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.

On 6/25/2019 at 3:30 PM, Spud2nique said:

Plus I can annoy my entire household by making a pretend phone 📲 call by holding up my 🤙 to my 👂🏽 and waiting for Nique to mention dialing long distance. You know I don’t know how that can get old if ur a diehawk fan. 😊 

Plus he also revived the now lost infamous Millsap AAAAYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE as he gets raked across the 🖐. 

This is my favorite part about Dedmon. I love making the call with him!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Hawks got a good short term offer on the table. If any team wants him, it will cost them 3-4 years at the least

So we have made a offer?!!!....any details on how much? I’m just curious 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

So we have made a offer?!!!....any details on how much? I’m just curious 

No details. Just that we want to add a vet center and Dedmon is at the top of our list in the short term. 

From what I am hearing, Fernando doesn't sound like a short term option at the 5.