JayBirdHawk

Free Agency 2019

There seems to be a whole lot a tampering going on between these soon to be FAs.  

Schlenk already said it'll be interesting to see how the NBA teams deal with it.

Which teams will be filing tampering charges?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There seems to be a whole lot a tampering going on between these soon to be FAs.  

Schlenk already said it'll be interesting to see how the NBA teams deal with it.

Which teams will be filing tampering charges?

The Rockets 🚀..Lakers...Celtics..

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Spud2nique your boy is a FA

Haha, StanJo the Banjo.  Bust supreeeeemmeeee!

• Sad 1

With the hawks having close to 15 mil in cap space and already fulfilling backup point guard duties with the Evan Turner trade (not to mention Bembry also can run back up point as well).... I really am wondering what position schlenk is going to target .

i assume center and if that’s the case I guess Dedmon will be our number 1 target once free agency starts if he wants to return anyways but in the event Dedmon rather go to a contender it will be interesting who’s the target at  center.

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Spud2nique your boy is a FA

Yes it is. Oh hey, thanks for remembering 😉 

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha, StanJo the Banjo.  Bust supreeeeemmeeee!

🖕🏿

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, JTB said:

With the hawks having close to 15 mil in cap space and already fulfilling backup point guard duties with the Evan Turner trade (not to mention Bembry also can run back up point as well).... I really am wondering what position schlenk is going to target .

i assume center and if that’s the case I guess Dedmon will be our number 1 target once free agency starts if he wants to return anyways but in the event Dedmon rather go to a contender it will be interesting who’s the target at  center.

Until this news about Turner, I thought PG and Center. Now I don't have a clue if Dedmon does not return.

Kirchsner said the Hawks have interest in Kevon Looney. Also interested in packaging two of their bad contracts for one bad contract (like Parsons, Whiteside) to create a spot.

From his latest article, I don't have The Athletic.. just seen bits and pieces posted.

12 minutes ago, DBac said:

Kirchsner said the Hawks have interest in Kevon Looney. Also interested in packaging two of their bad contracts for one bad contract (like Parsons, Whiteside) to create a spot.

From his latest article, I don't have The Athletic.. just seen bits and pieces posted.

Looney???? Yuck he only works well in Golden State. Pass on Parsons...I will actually take whiteside atleast he built his name backup as one of the leagues best rim protectors. 

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Looney???? Yuck he only works well in Golden State. Pass on Parsons...I will actually take whiteside atleast he built his name backup as one of the leagues best rim protectors. 

I like Looney. He's young, plays hard, and is a good versatile defender. I wouldn't pay him big money or anything but he'll be well worth his contract if its below 10M/y.

I'd actually prefer Parsons to Whiteside lol. I feel like Whiteside has some Dwight in him as far as the lockerroom goes (Whiteside wasn't mentioned by Kirschner though, while Parsons was. I just put it together based on how he is expiring, makes enough money to fetch two of our bad contracts, and is probably available for trade).

Christian Wood and Cheick Diallo are the best big FAs out there, Wood would be a great fit here.

Dedmon is the best big we can sign, he has been one of the best players at Atlanta, that is what advance stats say, but if he is going to command 15m $ per year on a multiyear deal at 29 probably is better to go with a guy with upside as Wood 

8 hours ago, DBac said:

I like Looney. He's young, plays hard, and is a good versatile defender. I wouldn't pay him big money or anything but he'll be well worth his contract if its below 10M/y.

I'd actually prefer Parsons to Whiteside lol. I feel like Whiteside has some Dwight in him as far as the lockerroom goes (Whiteside wasn't mentioned by Kirschner though, while Parsons was. I just put it together based on how he is expiring, makes enough money to fetch two of our bad contracts, and is probably available for trade).

I agree, don’t want Whiteside and his attitude here.  I don’t have a problem with crabbe/hill for Parsons ... will save us a couple million and open a spot.  None of those guys are expected to play a lot anyway.  

Parsons is not much better than Whinesides in terms of attitude.  Folks should be as wary of him, especially as a role model to our young guys, as they are with Hassan.

Eta. Actually, I hate Whineside but I'd take him all day over Chandelier.  At least you know Whineside wants to play.

Edited by kg01
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Parsons is not much better than Whinesides in terms of attitude.  Folks should be as wary of him, especially as a role model to our young guys, as they are with Hassan.

Eta. Actually, I hate Whineside but I'd take him all day over Chandelier.  At least you know Whineside wants to play.

Whiteside wants to play? Coulda fooled me. Chandelier is a no go 🙅‍♂️ 

Ps Party 🎉 girls don’t give up kg! When will u learn 😆 

• Haha 1

Surrre, Travis Schtealth, surrre. What time should I pick up KD from Hartsfield-Jackson?

~lw3

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whiteside wants to play? Coulda fooled me. Chandelier is a no go 🙅‍♂️ 

Ps Party 🎉 girls don’t give up kg! When will u learn 😆 

In fairness, Whineside wants to play.  He just lacks the understanding of how he should play.  Chandelier?  Who knows.  Seems happy to just be here (in the league) at this point.

Our #1 priority is making sure our #10 pick is more than just happy to be here.  Not sure I wanna introduce him to either Whines or Chande but, if I had to pick one, it'd be Whines.

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Surrre, Travis Schtealth, surrre. What time should I pick up KD from Hartsfield-Jackson?

~lw3

LIAR 🤥!!!! I mean umm 😐 smokescreen!

😆 lw3 ur line reminded me of coach Pop when Lamarcus asked to be traded a couple years ago. Pop said, sure I’ll drive you to the airport myself if I can trade you for Durant. 

Come to think of it, your post was already based on that. 😊 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

In fairness, Whineside wants to play.  He just lacks the understanding of how he should play.  Chandelier?  Who knows.  Seems happy to just be here (in the league) at this point.

Our #1 priority is making sure our #10 pick is more than just happy to be here.  Not sure I wanna introduce him to either Whines or Chande but, if I had to pick one, it'd be Whines.

Ugh 😑...can we just pass on both. I’d rather a hobbled vet whose got knowledge but no bad habits to pass on. I don’t even care if the vet only plays like 50-60 games. Just don’t impede our progress. 

Are you sure Whineside wants to play? I think he and Chandelier are content. Chandelier just wants to reunite the love 💗 affair he had with Lin in Houston. They went to 3rd base but he wants to go all the way with Lin and he heard through the grapevine that Lin is easy.

• Like 1