• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Bear in mind that a lot of big contracts are purely there for potential trade purposes and will play little if any.  If we have two guys we don't intend to play, maybe we can send someone like Chandler out for "rehab" through the trade deadline so we preserve our trade flexiblity and then just cut him if we don't.  Benefit from that is to have someone we actually want on the roster rather than two guys we don't.

How's about the 'Zards bending over and taking LAL's scraps so they can create a max spot?  Them not having a GM is gross negligence.

.... glad it ain't us.  I'd be pissed if I were a 'Zard fan.  Hey, at least y'all get to pay John Wall $40 millions next coupla years.  Not total.  Per year, bros.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Thomas said:

After our draft a lot of positions of need are starting to feel like water under the bridge. Hoping for a very quick recovery for Cam.

6 weeks..aka maybe he’s ready for preseason? But hopefully definitely ready late October for the start of the regular season. Not ideal to miss training camp but better to heal his body for the long season ahead.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kg01 said:

How's about the 'Zards bending over and taking LAL's scraps so they can create a max spot?  Them not having a GM is gross negligence.

.... glad it ain't us.  I'd be pissed if I were a 'Zard fan.  Hey, at least y'all get to pay John Wall $40 millions next coupla years.  Not total.  Per year, bros.

More proof the league is helping its big market team out.  Trade makes no sense for the Wizards.  My guess is Washington gets the first pick next draft as a “thank you” from the league office.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, Alex said:

More proof the league is helping its big market team out.  Trade makes no sense for the Wizards.  My guess is Washington gets the first pick next draft as a “thank you” from the league office.

How does the trade make no sense for Washington?  They pick up 3 players several of whom people on this site have been wanting and a future pick for $5M.  

I'm sure LA was shopping those 3 to every team with cap room and was just upping the offers until one team said, "yes."

• Premium Member

Interesting that it's the end of the work day in Atlanta, and for whatever reason, no confirmation either way about Justin Anderson's status yet. Thought this was a foregone conclusion (ie, that he's gone), and something would have already been announced. (Of course, as I post this, you can almost count on something becoming public knowledge a few minutes later.)