• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

Horcats should have moved him at the deadline since they had concern about going into the luxury tax.

Nicolas Batum - $25 mil, 2 yrs
Bismack Biyombo - $17 mil, 1yr
Marvin Williams- $15 Mil, 1yr
Cody Zeller- $14 mil, 1yr
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist-$13 mil, 1yr

And not much building blocks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Horcats should have moved him at the deadline since they had concern about going into the luxury tax.

Nicolas Batum - $25 mil, 2 yrs
Bismack Biyombo - $17 mil, 1yr
Marvin Williams- $15 Mil, 1yr
Cody Zeller- $14 mil, 1yr
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist-$13 mil, 1yr

And not much building blocks. 

Lakers may have been buyers after all the AD drama fell through. I know the Mavericks would like to have been in play but would they have the assets? Knicks, Nets, Timberwolves, there were plenty of buyers for a all star point guard this past season. Probably letting him walk for nothing in the end.

4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Russell is meeting with the Timberwolves 1st thing. It will be crazy if the Knicks, Lakers, and Mavericks strike out on Kryrie, Kemba, and Russell. Who would have thought that a couple of months ago?

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-d-angelo-russell-to-meet-with-timberwolves-when-free-agency-opens-174650646.html

The media creates a lot of hype and much of it doesn’t play out.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

With Vuc back to Orl likely, is Bamba available?

Shld we want him?

If the cost wouldn't be too high, I'd do it. Playing next to Trae would make him look a lot better than he did for Orlando, and I do believe he has the capacity to improve significantly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Has he demonstrated that he can play in this league?

Uncertain.

Leave it to Peo to ask the right skeptical question.

Some people are still high on him.  Cleatly there's some talent there, but he was suspended earlier in the year and there are questions about his work ethic.

As @nathan2331 suggests, it may be worth a tire-kick if the price is reasonable.

17 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Uncertain.

Leave it to Peo to ask the right skeptical question.

Some people are still high on him.  Cleatly there's some talent there, but he was suspended earlier in the year and there are questions about his work ethic.

As @nathan2331 suggests, it may be worth a tire-kick if the price is reasonable.

How much would it cost us? He has the body to dominate. Does he want to be great? 

For some reason this year the teams whoring themselves to the "superstars" seems extra vile.

The Lakers are out there like they are entitled to sign everyone. I will be so happy when the NBA's weakest star finally retires. When this fckr is put in a retirement home one day he will have to have at least 2 more stars there with him. Disgusting superstar

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

How much would it cost us? He has the body to dominate. Does he want to be great? 

Guys we are not signing another center. I know some do not wanna recognize the Len played well last year and has earned the chance to prove he belongs in the starting linup. It's just an chance for the guy! If he fails we will know but I don't think he is gonna fail! I believe he will surprise us all and improve even more

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Guys we are not signing another center. I know some do not wanna recognize the Len played well last year and has earned the chance to prove he belongs in the starting linup. It's just an chance for the guy! If he fails we will know but I don't think he is gonna fail! I believe he will surprise us all and improve even more

God speed I ❤️ volt!

21 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

Len is a 25MPG player. Another  center is needed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Len is a 25MPG player. Another  center is needed.

I'm on the Nerlens Noel bandwagon.  He's cheap plays excellent defense and rebounds.  Exactly what we'll need with Len.  I'm also going on record saying I want James Wiseman in the 2020 draft.  I don't think he'll go number 1 and will be available for the Hawks pick.  Also want LaMelo Ball, 6'7" back up point guard, with the Nets pick.

Proceed to shoot me...lol

33 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

It's not a matter of wanting to replace Len or a failure to recognize him as a player.  It's an acknowledgement that, right now, he's the ONLY center on the roster. Clearly we'll be signing another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1